Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
2013 Year End Challenge!  Who's with me?!?!?! >

2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

Community
Notices

2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Libby - Darn water retention! Gotta love being a girl It must definitely be water retention...that's the only way the scale can jump up that quickly. You're doing awesome with exercise! That will help with the water retention and I bet you have a better weigh in next week.

Becca - Glad you had a good week. I knew you would get back on track after having extra fun over the Thanksgiving holiday

It's Friday and I'm finished work in a few minutes. SO HAPPY!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in with my workout. I started the day with a 45 minute interval workout and I'm about to hop on the elliptical for another 45 minutes. Trying to kick it up a notch and do two-a-days a few times a week to hit my NYE goal. Where is everyone? Hope you're all having a great weekend and staying on track

12 Weeks, 84 days...84 workouts
Week 1, 7 Days total - done
Week 2 , day 1 - yes
Week 2 , day 2 - yes
Old 12-07-2013, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

I have been cleaning the house to get ready for Christmas. So much to do.
So little time. My diet is going well but the scale is messing with my head.
My husband wants to start eating better and exercising. I will believe it when I see it. I am glad that he wants to change but he loves his cookies and pie.

Week 2
Day 1 Yes
Day 2 House work
Old 12-08-2013, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Checking in with my workout again. Today was day 19 of the 30 day challenge and it was a 40 min treadmill run. I'll be spending some time today preparing some good eats for the week. It helps me stay on track when I plan ahead and make some stuff ahead too. That way, I don't have to think about what I want to eat while I'm hungry. It's harder to make good choices when my stomach is growling!

Libby - I hope your husband joins you in eating better and exercising. It's nice to have that support right there at home. He can always eat some sweets. I'm a firm believer in the 90% rule. Eat well 90% of the time and the other 10% you can enjoy some treats. As far as the scale goes, don't let it get to you! It's just a number right. Be proud of your accomplishments like daily exercise and sticking to your diet...the scale will catch up.

Have a great day all!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Grocery shopping was a chore because I kept explaining to my husband why some things were bad and we had to look for other choices.
He eats a lot of cream based soups so we had to compare them to the broth based soups for calories and other nutrients. We bought a pie but no cookies.
We bought lots of fruits and vegetables so I am going to have a lot more work in preparing meals. It will be a learning experience for both of us as long as we don't kill each other. Ha Ha.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I had a real off day today...or should I say yesterday since it's 4 am...I can't sleep so I figured I'd just get up. I had a bad day at the office and came home and made matters worse by not exercising and drinking wine instead. I have done intense exercise for 19 days straight....I should have figured that would catch up to me. Anyway, enough belly aching Moving onward and upward and doing what I can to make today a better day.

Week 2 , day 1 - yes
Week 2 , day 2 - yes
Week 2 , day 3 - yes
Week 2 , day 4 - no

Libby - Glad to read you and your husband went grocery shopping together. Preparing produce can be a bit more time consuming for sure. What I find helps is before I store my produce, I wash it so it's ready to use when I need it. What recipes are you planning to try? I love cooking and trying new recipes! Wish my family was more adventurous with meals...but I guess that a lot to expect from a 6 and 7 year old...but that doesn't let my husband off the hook

baxtman and Becca - haven't heard from either of you since Friday weigh in. How are you doing? Hope all is well!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

I am feeling much better today. I don't know what hit me. For Christmas I want to get some hand weights for upper body work.

Week 2
Day 1 Yes
Day 2 House work
Day 3 Yes
Day 4 Sick
Day 5 Yes
Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Banned

Howdy folks!...I'm here.... been soooooo busy with work...working late..getting deadlines done before Christmas!!

I've been sticking with healthy eating tho.....hope Friday is a good day!!

Libby- having support from a spouse is awesome..sometimes they are the ones that try and hold you down.... I see women losing wt..and the spouse
gets jealous and try and sabotoge it.... Good you have a good one!

Debbie- yea sometimes we need a OFF today...glad you had yours..now back to it girly

Enjoy your HUMP DAY
Old 12-11-2013, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I still feel sick, sore throat achy and sinus pain. The only good part is I don't feel hungry. I am drinking lots of tea and eating fruit. Lats night I cooked cabbage roll caserol and I ate a little bit of that. I don't have the energy to exercise but I will get back to it once I am feeling better. Stay well.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Well I ended up having another off day yesterday. I ended up unexpectedly working 12 hours...on my birthday!...so after work there wasn't time for exercise since I had plans with my husband and kids. I broke the 'no-workout' cycle today and got back on track with a killer workout. Luckily the two days I didn't do anything were actually scheduled as rest day on my 30 day plan, so I'm still on track really.

Week 2 , day 1 - yes
Week 2 , day 2 - yes
Week 2 , day 3 - yes
Week 2 , day 4 - no
Week 2 , day 5 - no
Week 2 , day 6 - oh yeah!

Becca - I'm back at it! I'm hoping for a good day Friday as well, but if I know my body right I'll most likely be up since I took 2 days off from exercise and wasn't 100% tight with my diet. Maybe because I'm already at a healthy BMI it's harder to shake the pounds...or maybe it's like this for everyone. It's like we have to fight tooth and nail to lose each and every pound!

Libby - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Take care of yourself...the challenges will still be here when you're feeling up to it.

I can't thank you both (and baxtman...hey baxtman where are you?!?!?) enough for checking in here with me. We all have up and down days and it makes all the difference to be able to share that with someone. So thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.