Notices

2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

Old 12-28-2013, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in with day 8 of the new 30 day challenge I called Worthy Rear View focusing on the back and the bootay...and lots of skipping of course. Also, I managed to shed 1.4 plbs of water weight overnight. Gotta keep up that water intake to ward off water retention...such a strange concept! LOL!

12 Week Exercise Challenge, 84 days...84 workouts
Week 5, Day 1 - yes
Week 5, Day 2 - yes

Libby - the dvds are in the mail on their way to you. With it being the weekend and NYE on Tuesday, it may take a bit to arrive. Please let me know when you get your package!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 12-28-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg

BeachGirl - Sure post a summary! I already do lots of variations of lunges and pushups in my regular workout, but haven't worked on pullups in a long time. There was a time last year where I was determined to be able to do pullups. I lasted as long as it took me to be able to do 2 or 3 full pullups and then abandoned ship
My reply from last night disappeared! It was long too! It took some time summarizing all the info on the challenge I did and getting the other before/after pic posted. I will redo it when I have more time.

Also, I managed to shed 1.4 plbs of water weight overnight.
Good for you!

I think I gained your water weight last night. I ended up eating out and
didn't even eat that much, (4 onion rings and 1/4 of a personal flat bread pizza) but it was bar food I don't usually eat. I'm blaming it on the alcohol... Now I can't get that song out of my head, lol!

This challenge was a great idea! I have been following it and even though I didn't join the challenge I decided I was going to lose 1 pound by NYE. I lost 1.5 pounds but overnight gained 1 back.

I normally try to just maintain over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am happy when I do, but trying to lose a pound or two or more is way more fun and made it easier to say NO to most of the tempting food. I can't wait to see what you and libby116 post on the last day!

I am going to try to lose the pound I gained back but it is going to be tough because I have another Christmas get together later today and tonight a bunch of us are going out to my favorite restaurant and bar.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol, blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol!

Totally agree BeachGirl! I just had my last 'Christmas' dinner/get together...but at least it was at my own home so I did my best to keep the carbs low and skipped on dessert....but I did drink wine so my weight may go back up tomorrow. I'm trying to ward of water weight by drinking more water than usual...we'll see if it works! I ended up composting a 1/4 black forest cake (sent home with my daughter after an xmas party) and a cherry loaf and variety of cookies made for me (I know bad eh!?!?!). It's just seriously gross how much food gets passed around at Christmas...so not necessary!

Glad to know you're on board with us trying to shed some during the holidays. I'm thinking my efforts have been futile, but if I hadn't been trying I'm sure it would have been much worse!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol, blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol!
I so failed tonight! Stayed out way too late, ate too many carbs (haven't logged it yet) and I really have to blame it on the alcohol! (and my ex) It's tough being single again especially when people I don't remember ever even meeting before, ask where my BF is. So weird! And awkward.

The ups and downs over the Holidays have been crazy. I have a really sick young cat that my ex and I adopted. Last time we talked was because he wanted to know how the the cat was and I felt too mean ignoring his calls/text because he really was worried. So I lied. And said that all was well. Merry Christmas to him.

On the flip side... I had the best xmas surprise ever today! I have the best family and friends! And I said maybe to a date with someone. I dread doing the whole dating thing again but a girl has needs, lol plus I really hate the thought of staying in alone on NYE. Doubt my ex is, he was hot! But tomorrow night I am staying in, working out and going back to the "single girl" food! NOT gonna weigh myself tomorrow either! I'm also so sleep deprived, it's probably messing up my metabolism, so I'm going to bed now because I have to meet some people at noon tomorrow, I'm so gonna be dragging!

Sounds like you owned it today! I would have failed so bad. I LOVE black forest cake and cherries! Though I will admit that I have no idea what a cherry loaf is!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hey BeachGirl - Sorry to hear you're mending a broken heart...especially over the holidays....and that you have a sick pet. Glad to hear you have a supportive network of family and friends around you! Also good for you for getting out there on the dating scene again! It can't be easy....but it never will be so best not to put it off. Even if your date doesn't turn into something more long term, at least you'll have that first date experience out of the way.

Sometimes it's best to stay off the scale if you know it's going to only discourage you. Even if we don't hit our targets for NYE, if we did the best we could (and for me that means enjoying the holidays....not turning everything down, but also showing some control) well then what will be will be. There 's always 2014 to work towards our targets or to maintain.

Now rest up girl so your bright eyed for your date on Tuesday night!!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Today is my dads 92nd birthday and I am going to the nursing home to visit him. He has alzhiemers but other than that he is in very good health.
I take more meds than he does. If I don't take better care of myself I won't live that long. I wish that there was a cure for alzheimers.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Libby! I can't even imagine how difficult that is to watch your parent suffer from Alzhiemers My father has leukemia and in the Spring of 2013, he got quick ill and the doctor order chemo. Well that nearly killed him and he ended up in the hospital with dementia. Luckily, the dementia lasted only a week and slowly he came back around. He is now stable once again and doing well. That 1 week in my life will be a week that is forever burned in my memory. I was terrified and confused watching him that week. Alzhiemers is a horrible disease and I hope they someday find a cure.

What are you on meds for Libby? You're on a good path now trying to get and stay healthy. Look forward, chin up and march on! You are in control of your health....don't take it for granted. And not to worry, I'm taking my own advice too...not just dishin' it out!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm New!

Hey guys, I'm just starting out with my weight loss progress (again lol). I recently lost 25 pounds on a really strict diet plan and lapsed back all the weight. UGH. Im really hopefully now though, I'm trying to take it slow (10 pounds a month, for four months). I'm really glad I came across this website with such helpful forums!

CW: 180
GW: 140
Hight: 5' 11"

Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Checking back in with day 9 of the new 30 day challenge with Crazy Fat Blast Workout then topped it off this evening with another 67 minutes on the elliptical.

Week 5, Day 1 - yes
Week 5, Day 2 - yes
Week 5, Day 3 - yes

Welcome to fitday Mihurable! Wow! 10 lbs a month is taking it slow? You're very ambitious!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Can you believe tomorrow is the end of this challenge? Although I don't believe I'll hit my target, I'm so very proud of all the effort I put in. I'm still going to push myself today and let the chips (not the potato kind!) fall where they may Looking forward to new challenges in the new year! The first two goals/accomplishment on the new year horizon is the completion of my new 30day challenge as well as the completion on the 12 week exercise challenge.

This morning I started my day with day 11 of my new 30 day challenge. A quick workout that was ab and cardio focused. I'm going to follow up with a long cardio session on the elliptical or the treadmill this evening to hopefully nudge the scale closer to my goal.

Week 5, Day 1 - yes
Week 5, Day 2 - yes
Week 5, Day 3 - yes
Week 5, Day 4 - yes

Have a great day all!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.