Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

I got my exercise in today. I am feeling a bit better everyday after doing the one mile. 2 weeks ago my hips were not happy after doing it 2 days in a row. Today there was no problem. I am going to have a problem later. I can not find my 3 mile tape. I have the 1-2-4 and express but no 3 mile.
I sincerly hope the plumbing is not going to cost much. I have had a bad day diet wise I stayed close to the upper limit of mycalories but that pineapple upside down cake looked so good.. Both of us hade some and tomorrow morning I am going to put the other half in the freezer and will eat it next week.
Mern I am glad you found that bad pipe. fix it now to prevent problems later was a good thing to do.

Goals this week
8 + cups of water-m=y,t=y,w=y,t=n,
Exercise 4 times m=n,t=1,w=2, t=3
log everythingI eat m=y,t=n,t=y,w=y,th=y
post at least once a daym=y,t=y,w=y,th=y
Old 08-29-2013, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report:

Must work on getting more protein and get carb average on target.

Color Scheme:
green=achieved goal
blue=off daily target but still possible to achieve weekly average target
red=missed target

Calories 1200-1600 1389, 1914, 1098, 1364
Net carb limit daily average 25g [COLOR="green"]19g, 33g--net carb average 26g, 30g, 25g, average 27g
Fiber minimum daily average 25g 38g, 56g 23g, 22g, average 35g
Sat Fat limit 12% of daily calories 6%, 10%, 9% 14%, average 10%
Dietary Cholesterol limit average 250mg 195mg, 285mg, 193mg, , 278mg, average 238mg
Protein minimum daily average 120g 131g, 128g, 92g, 88g average=110g
Fruit/veggie servings edited to target of 42 for the week 6 1/2, 5, 5 1/2, 4=21 so far
Exercise 5 days 1/2 hour YES, YES, YES, day off,
Water 64 oz. maybe 40, YES, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 08-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

I'll post a full Thursday report later on in the day (lots to do today!!!!) but I weighed in this morning to find a weight of 179.8 on the new scale. I checked it three times and it gave the same weight each time, so that's it.

More willing to accept that than 185; I don't think I lost 6 pounds in a week and I think the old scale was a bit broken. It couldn't seem to find its 'center' and then just kept error-ing at me.

That means, though, that I've put on about 23 lbs. since my lowest weight, which was more than I was expecting (I thought it was about 15). There has been evidence, though, in clothes not fitting or fitting more tightly. I guess rather than putting all the weight on my butt and stomach, as happened last time I gained weight, it went sort of all over my body and was harder for me to see since my overall shape stayed about the same.

BUT!

At least I didn't get all the way back up to my top weight, nor anywhere really near it. I will celebrate that, and now that I have a handle on it, it's time to get back down where I was and finally into a healthy weight!

Let's do it!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a tough week here with all the family committments, extra driving because DH couldn't help with driving our grandkids to and from school, and extra driving due to road construction detours on the only road on which to exit our subdivision. I used the tripometer in my car yesterday and found our normal 18 miles of driving the grandkids back and forth to school has morphed into 34.5 miles. But we should be back to just 18 miles a day by the end of the calendar year.

Robin, congrats on your reports all week. Glad your schedule is less toxic and yes, you ARE motivating. When I was concerned years ago about my son getting bored with breakfast, the pediatrician told me it doesn't matter what order in which we eat our food, except it's best to eat the largest meal for breakfast or lunch as most people burn more calories earlier in the day. Thanks for the smoothies reminder: I think I'll puree some spinach and green beans together in smoothies.

Nyda, you've had really good daily reports this week, too. Congrats on your hard work. Glad you got in some exercise. I'm so happy that you're feeling a bit better each day by doing the one mile. I have the three mile tape but rarely use it--my fave is the two mile. I didn't know there were 4 and express. Oh, I hope you get a good price on your plumbing! Ours won't be too bad because the guy doing the work is an independant general contractor who has done a lot of work for us. He has thrown in some small jobs for free, like repairing some drywall damage in the living room and aligning the deadbolt lock on her entry door. He gives us really reasonable prices on all the jobs and charges by the job, not by the hour. In return, DH has sometimes treats the contractor to lunch and has given him extra money for a few jobs done way beyond our expectations or when the job took longer than he estimated because of running into problems--like the corroded pipe under the floor yesterday. Let me know how your plumbing job and price came out.

Last edited by Mern; 08-30-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I'm the same way. I look in the mirror and my face looks thinner but I must be distributing the weight because the scale is the same.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, kudos on your weight loss! I'd certainly bet that the same weight three times in a row is accurate. That's great that your shape hasn't changed even though you're up on the scale. In my opinion the numbers on the scale are not as important as about how we look and feel in our clothes. I've gained a net 7.5 lbs. since my last doctor visit, but am 16 pounds lower than my highest weight. My highest weight was in the fall of 2010. I keep hoping I can stay on track for good now that I've found my way back.

Jenn, hi. Wishing you a great day.

I'm going to go exercise now. UGH!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mern:

Wow - you are really sticking to your goals - and you are totally a Fiber Queen - so impressive! Somebody once argued that you can deduct 7 calories from your daily total for every gram of fiber you consume. (Here goes - that mine of useless information again...)

Another thing - once the temporary increase to 34.5 drive-to-school miles is over, you are never going to mind a mere 18-mile trip, right?

I have to settle for only 8 F&V servings on Thursday for a weekly total of 42 so far. I am tempted to count Riesling as a grape serving, but I will resist. Mind you - it came from a farmers' market stand, so the proposition is not totally outrageous.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

Just read the thread for this week for the first time in probably a month and all I can say is WOW!!! So many huge, life changing events for so many of the "old" original group and for the new members as well!! I hardly know where to start!

Just wanted to drop in quickly and say "hello" and let you know that I'm still kicking. I think Cassie put it best when she said that this summer had kicked her butt. I, too, fall into the "butt-kicking summer" category, but I'm 99% back. The only problem is that, as wonderful as my family was to pick up my slack, my house looked like a frat house when I was well enough to notice. So, slowly, I've been trying to catch up, as my stamina allows. It's like time stood still from the beginning of June... all of the projects and things that I had started were left right where they were, as I had no advance notice that this is how I would spend my summer. So, I'm caught in this strange universe of trying to pick up from last June and getting my daughter packed to leave for college. To say the least, my head is swimming and my physical strength saps quickly. BUT, by Tuesday, she will be safely tucked in at school and I can evaluate what is left of my house.

But, it's all good. I'm feeling about 99% (leg is still numb...grr, but at full strength) and I have much to be grateful for.

Quickly, I just want to say:

Mern! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and your family. Sounds like you've had a rough patch, too. That's what we're all here for, not just diet advice. Sticking together, as always, we'll all make it through and come out better and wiser... I hope! lol

Terri Dear! What a beautiful bride! So happy to hear the big news! Seems like I just read that you got your ring! So excited for you. You look so healthy and happy! Great to hear from you! So wonderful to hear you so happy and excited!

Cassie, Hope things slow down to a reasonable pace for you soon. With your son at the age that he is, it will get crazy for the next few years. Just remember to "apply your own oxygen mask first", as they say, before you help others. I learned the hard way that I should have taken better care of myself first, then contended with other's issues. I know you'll get back in the swing soon.

Mike, Sounds like you're having a rough week, too. I'm so sorry. Hang tough, Cupcake... better days are ahead, for all of us I hope. My goal is to start anew after Labor Day and try to forget that this summer ever happened... I'll just have a 3 season year this year instead of 4. And you know what that means, don't you??
FOOTBALL!!!!! (...even if the Packers look atrociously inept this year so far! I might have to switch to the Saints!)

I'll be back and ready to work hard after Labor Day. Enjoy your day, all! Two moving trips to the university this weekend for me... ugh.

Quinn
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike, Sounds like you're having a rough week, too. I'm so sorry. Hang tough, Cupcake... better days are ahead, for all of us I hope. My goal is to start anew after Labor Day and try to forget that this summer ever happened... I'll just have a 3 season year this year instead of 4. And you know what that means, don't you??
FOOTBALL!!!!! (...even if the Packers look atrociously inept this year so far! I might have to switch to the Saints!)

Quinn
You're more than welcome to become a "Who Dat"! Glad to see you back.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You're more than welcome to become a "Who Dat"! Glad to see you back.
Man! Right when I got the whole "y'all" thing down, I have to learn "Who Dat"? Only if you post a pic of yourself wearing a cheese hat! Thanks! Nice to be back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.