Community
Notices

Yum!! :-)

Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Yum!! :-)

Remember that dessert when you were a kid with the graham crackers, pudding and banana slices? Oh yeah, that stuff is a staple at picnics in my hubby's family. I haven't had any in quite a while.

Today I was running late for work and I grabbed my banana & greek yogurt for breakfast. I was making PB&J for the boy to take to school and I figured heck I'll just make a PB sandwich for me too.

Multi-grain thin bun, 1/2 Tbsp of PB and oh hey...1/2 a banana sliced up in it. OMG I am in lunchtime heaven right now and only wish I had two of them to eat! For 192 calories this little indulgence could become a weekly thing. And it tastes so similar to the graham cracker dessert I described above. Yum!!

I ended up with 1/2 a banana with my yogurt this morning but this is so worth it!
Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds very yummy!

I wonder if there is a way to make a pudding-like thing using the Greek yogurt (maybe vanilla) and banana? Crushed graham cracker on top?

Thanks for the idea, April. I love PB on a banana, too.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a great idea! For indulgence, at times I'll put PB on banana. I just didn't think to add yogurt into the mix.

Thanks for the wonderful idea.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Yum! One of my favourite treats is to take a Weight Watcher's whole wheat tortilla, spread a bit of natural almond butter on it and wrap it around half a banana. Delicious!