Notices

When I don't feel like eating?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default When I don't feel like eating?

I have a few days a month in which I have little to know appetite. I have been losing weight since February 14th and have lost 8.6 lbs so far. I wondered if I could just eat what my body asks me for in those low-appetite days and just go with it?? Maybe I might eat only 600 cals or something like that. For those 2-3 days a month - do you think it is okay to do that or does it mess with my system. Thanks for any advice you can pass along.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't think that there is any harm in taking advantage of those days when you just don't feel hungery. 1 or 2 times a month is nothing. There are a number of people here who fast a couple of days a month - in fact some diet regimes recommend it.

So the only potential harm is from those of us who will be jealous 'cuz we're battling the hunger pangs
Old 05-08-2011, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

If you're female and they're linked to your menstrual cycle, there may be days when it's not the best idea to eat too little, especially if you're prone to PMS. Otherwise, I think the signs of not eating enough in a day to cause you immediate problems are fairly obvious, such as headaches and dizziness. Are any of these the case?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I have been plagued with migraines this spring with the weather and many days don't feel like eating either..I keep tins of Ensure in the fridge to make sure I get my vitamins and minerals in. I am doing well, like you, and just make sure I get back on track when things get better. I may not be happy about it but I don't think it does me many harm. It is what it is.