Notices

Cauliflower Pizza

Old 03-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default Cauliflower Pizza

The original recipe came out way too mushy for me, more like a casserole type dish. I played around with it until I could actually get a crust that you could slice and pick up just like regular pizza.

Original Recipe
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley Toppings

pizza or alfredo sauce
mozzarella cheese
cooked meats

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).
Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.
Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted

***These are my versions and a pic of recipe 1 & 2 of the results***

Recipe 1
Oven at 450. Cooked on a pizza stone
Crust
1/2 cup egg white
1 cup cheese
1 cup plus another 1/2 cup (approx) riced cauliflower (barely cooked)
Italian spice

Toppings
2 serv. black olives
1/4 boca crumbles
Handful of diced onion

I did not add cheese to the top, It tasted cheesy enough to me.
I mixed everything together and just kept adding cauliflower until it was firm enough to form a crust on my pizza stone without any liquid.
When it looked done I flipped it over to cook the other side. When that side was done I added toppings and cooked for about 2 more minutes.

The whole pizza with the toppings came to
597 cals
19 carbs
25 fat
66 protein

It was firm enough to eat just like a regular pizza.

Recipe 2
Oven 450. Cooked in a pie dish
Crust
1 cup riced cauliflower
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup cheese
Spices

I riced the fresh, dry, raw cauliflower and did NOT cook it before I mixed it with the rest of the ingredients.

Recipe 3
2 packed cups raw riced cauliflower
1/2 cup cheese
1/8 cup "riced" onion
Spices
egg whites

I mixed everything except for the egg whites together. Then I added the egg little by little until I could kind of form a dough.

Another pic (I think this was one that I froze and cooked later)

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 03-23-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

yummy. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Your welcome.

It really does taste like pizza. I didn't expect it to.

It has been interesting when I have experimented by adding other ingredients to the crust such as cottage cheese, fresh "riced" garlic, sun dried tomatoes, etc.

I have also made bread sticks out of it.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Can not wait to try this!!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Alright, you've convinced me. Next time cauliflower goes on sale I'm going to get some and give this a whack. Actually, there might be a bag of cauliflower in the freezer from last summer's garden. Are you ricing it with a food processor or by hand with a grater?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

You're my hero. I LOVE Pizza, and my husband ordered some today. I felt totally guilty having to sit there and weigh ot my pizza just to eat this tiny little piece while he gorged himself on the whole thing. Cauliflower is so inexpensive here so I'll deffinently have to try this! I already made mashed califlower as a sub for potatoes. So, if I can pull this off I'll be totally fine on pizza night with him ordering his own pizza while I eat my healthy substitute guilt free ^_^ Thanks for sharing! It looks delicous!!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

vabeachgirlNYC, this sounds freaking awesome... Is it crunchy?... Please say it's crunchy.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 PM
FitDay Member

I tried this recipe out! I made a few adjustments though, because I'm vegan.

I substituted the egg whites for tofu. (100 grams = 47 calories, and I put in 60 grams, so less than 40 calories...maybe). Also diary free cheese.

I made the mistake of accidentally not flipping and cooking both sides before I put the toppings on. So the other the side didn't cook as well because the moisture from the tomato sauce leaked through, but it still held together. The crust was crunchy, but the middle was a little mushy, but like I said if I had left it to cook thoroughly on both sides I think it would have come out perfect. Overall great recipe and I definitely will be making this again!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can't wait to try this

It is on the docket for Sunday supper. I'll report back!

Abby
Old 05-10-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Can you make it without the cheese do you think?

I'm mostly dairy free ... wouldn't mind the cheese on the top but having cheese in the crust makes it something I'm less likely wanting to have in my diet, even for a splurge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.