Notices

Moringa Health Benefits

Old 05-06-2015, 10:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Moringa Health Benefits

Native to regions of Asian and Africa, Moringa is a truly excellent addition to your superfood regimen.

Moringa, generally known as the Miracle Tree, the Drumstick Tree and Moringai has been found to contain massive amounts of nutrition. Moringa is recognized in over 82 countries and was valued by the Romans, Egyptians and Greeks as early as 2000 B.C. It also has medicinal purposes that have been written about since 150 A.C. This plant contains:

Seven times the level of Vitamin C in oranges
Four times the amount of calcium in milk
Four times the amount of Vitamin A in carrots
Three times the level of Vitamin E in almonds
Three times the level of potassium in bananas
Three times the amount of iron in spinach
Twice the amount of protein in milk

Moringa Health Benefits: The Verdict

These statistics show that hardly any other plant, fruit, vegetable, nut, meat, dairy or grain can beat the nutritional value of moringa.Exactly what is “Moringa”?

It is a small shrub that can reach 36ft high at maturity and can live for up to 20 years. It is the fastest growing tree in existence. The shrub has deep roots, that makes it able to survive in the dry season and has only a single stem. Moringa survives well in extreme temperatures and sunlight. It is really a remarkable plant.

The green pods it contains, known as drumsticks, are the most widely used and valued of all components of the plant. Moringa is most frequently consumed in Sri Lanka and India and is prepared like green beans and has an asparagus-like taste. The flowers it grows are edible when they are cooked and taste like mushrooms. The seeds are also edible and are eaten like peas or roasted like nuts. The leaves are also cooked and are used like spinach and can be used in curries.

Moringa has been growing in popularity recently amongst vegetarians since it is nutritious and 100% natural. The most amazing feature of this plant is that every part of it can be utilized in some way to help benefit your overall health. It also has the strength to help cure several diseases!

First of all, the seeds of the plant contain 40% of Ben oil. It is clear, sweet and odorless and is akin to olive oil. Ben oil is rich in antioxidants that help or even delay cell damage. Moringa itself contains each of the amino acids that are required by the body, which are necessary to growing, repairing and maintaining cells. The leaves help boost stamina, heal ulcers, reduce arthritis pain, control blood pressure, and restrict tumors.

Other Uses:

Moringa also acts as a weapon against blindness and is extremely beneficial to diabetics. It assists to to balance the cholesterol levels in the body. The plant also has antibacterial properties and can be utilized as a detoxifier. The leaves also help to stimulate metabolism.

Moringa seeds are used in perfumes and aromatherapy oils while the flowers are used in herbal tea. The supplements that have been made have been proven to quickly heal minor injuries, for example cuts and bruises. The roots have been shown to stimulate appetite and enhance the functioning of digestion. Also, they can treat many sexual dysfunctions. The roots have also shown an improvement in those with arthritis.

According to research and many clinical studies, certain elements that can be found in moringa have the ability to cure ovarian cancer! It also has the capacity to help pass kidney stones faster, and help to boost overall kidney function. It enables the body to flush out calcium and phosphates from the kidneys extremely efficiently.

I prefer Green-Fu. Its all natural with its Moringa and Organic Green Bean Coffee Extracts.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing. I am also doing some research on Moringa and you are correct. There is really a lot of benefits.

I am actually looking for a capsule type moringa. Is there anyone who know where I can actually buy it?
Old 05-16-2015, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Ask your doctor. Supplements are not regulated the way food is in the U.S. If there are benefits to taking this herb, your doctor will be the best source of information.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Uhmmm .... I don't see possible side effects on the article. What are the possible side effects?
Old 06-01-2015, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Here is an article that includes possible side effects of Moringa.

africamoringa.co.za

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-01-2015 at 03:44 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-03-2015, 06:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MarjorieHemingway
Thanks for sharing. I am also doing some research on Moringa and you are correct. There is really a lot of benefits.

I am actually looking for a capsule type moringa. Is there anyone who know where I can actually buy it?
@MarjorieHemingway, please see:
Amazon.com: Green-Fu ★ Moringa Green Coffee Bean Extract

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-03-2015 at 09:36 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-08-2015, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by larry512
@MarjorieHemingway, please see:
Amazon.com: Green-Fu ★ Moringa Green Coffee Bean Extract
Thanks, Larry.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

breakfast is the most important .....
Old 06-16-2015, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Although I was thoroughly convinced by the amazing health benefits of Moringa but i was also wondering if this plant is all safe !
So I dig a little deeper and found these possible side effects of Moringa :

Moringa is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth and used appropriately. The leaves, fruit, and seeds might be safe when eaten as food. However, it’s important to avoid eating the root and its extracts. These parts of the plant may contain a toxic substance that can cause paralysis and death. Moringa has been used safely in doses up to 6 grams daily for up to 3 weeks.

There isn’t enough information to know if moringa is safe when used in medicinal amounts.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It’s LIKELY UNSAFE to use the root, bark or flowers of moringa if you are pregnant. Chemicals in the root, bark, and flowers can make the uterus contract, and this might cause a miscarriage. There is not enough information available about the safety of using other parts of moringa during pregnancy. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Moringa is sometimes used to increase breast milk production. Some research suggests it might do this, however, there isn’t enough information to know if it is safe for the nursing infant. Therefore, it is best to avoid moringa if you are breast-feeding.

Hope this helps
Old 06-18-2015, 06:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by greenzone
Although I was thoroughly convinced by the amazing health benefits of Moringa but i was also wondering if this plant is all safe !
So I dig a little deeper and found these possible side effects of Moringa :

Moringa is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth and used appropriately. The leaves, fruit, and seeds might be safe when eaten as food. However, it’s important to avoid eating the root and its extracts. These parts of the plant may contain a toxic substance that can cause paralysis and death. Moringa has been used safely in doses up to 6 grams daily for up to 3 weeks.

There isn’t enough information to know if moringa is safe when used in medicinal amounts.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It’s LIKELY UNSAFE to use the root, bark or flowers of moringa if you are pregnant. Chemicals in the root, bark, and flowers can make the uterus contract, and this might cause a miscarriage. There is not enough information available about the safety of using other parts of moringa during pregnancy. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Moringa is sometimes used to increase breast milk production. Some research suggests it might do this, however, there isn’t enough information to know if it is safe for the nursing infant. Therefore, it is best to avoid moringa if you are breast-feeding.

Hope this helps
Thanks greenzone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.