Simple yummy raw candies >

Simple yummy raw candies

Community
Notices

Simple yummy raw candies

Old 01-12-2015, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Simple yummy raw candies

I make these every once in a while. They are quite simple after a few tries. You should always experiment here

This is not exact recipe and you can decide what to include and how much. It's up to your own taste.
  1. Get 3 types of raw nuts: almonds, cashew and hazelnuts (about equal amounts).
  2. Let them soak in water for about 10 hours (cashew needs about 4 hours).
  3. Grind them into a consistent mess.
That is your base!

Now we need a sweetener. That can be a creased fresh dates or a honey. Sometimes I use both.

If you want to create more melting taste it will be a good idea to add some coconut oil or if you don't have - coconut milk / cocoa fat.

And the last thing will be up to your creativity and taste.
You can roll them into carob flour / cocoa / coconut filings or something of that sort. You can also add vanilla or other flavoring

I'm attaching some photo of my experiments. I assure you what ever you try you will get very tasty candies that are extremely healthy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140914_115454.jpg (95.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-13-2015, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

The picture is much better than the title lol. This is certainly a healthy candy consisting of three types of dry fruits, plus you are using dates and honey as sweeter which is healthy as well, everyone knows the countless benefits of dates.

I would like to witness a debate on this, if someone thinks this is not healthy please add to my knowledge.