Notices

Carbs vs Fiber?

Old 02-12-2011, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Carbs vs Fiber?

I just had a quick question...

Does the carbohydrates listed on the food Log subtract the number of fiber in the food?

For example:
I just listed 2 cups of romaine lettuce in the food log, and the total carbohydrate came around 3g, but the actual package of the lettuce was 5g of carbs and 2g of fiber.

If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated
Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by purplepuff
I just had a quick question...

Does the carbohydrates listed on the food Log subtract the number of fiber in the food?

For example:
I just listed 2 cups of romaine lettuce in the food log, and the total carbohydrate came around 3g, but the actual package of the lettuce was 5g of carbs and 2g of fiber.

If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated
I'm pretty sure, at this point in time, that FitDay does not subtract fiber, so it counts total carbs, not net carbs.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for your reply, I had a little freak out last night with my total carb intake.

Congratulations on your amazing loss.

thanks again
Old 02-13-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by purplepuff
Thank you so much for your reply, I had a little freak out last night with my total carb intake.

Congratulations on your amazing loss.

thanks again
You're welcome, and thanks. FitDay has worked really well for me. BTW, welcome to FitDay and the forums. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-19-2011, 02:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

FitDay PC actually will show you Net Carbs.

If you have the PC version you can do the following:
On the left, click on Reports, then Nutrient Stats. In the drop down there is a "Carbs - Fiber" which is Carbs less the Fiber, which would show you Net Carbs. (however you want to see it, daily, monthly, weekly, etc.)

If you want to see this on your Food Log, click on arrow next to "View" at the top, click "Choose Food Log Columns" then select "Carbs - Fiber"
Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb
FitDay PC actually will show you Net Carbs.

If you have the PC version you can do the following:
On the left, click on Reports, then Nutrient Stats. In the drop down there is a "Carbs - Fiber" which is Carbs less the Fiber, which would show you Net Carbs. (however you want to see it, daily, monthly, weekly, etc.)

If you want to see this on your Food Log, click on arrow next to "View" at the top, click "Choose Food Log Columns" then select "Carbs - Fiber"
Thanks for the info, Jen. Sounds like your're the FitDay PC guru!

Regards,
Michael