Carbs vs Fiber?

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 05:35 AM
  #1  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Default Carbs vs Fiber?

I just had a quick question...

Does the carbohydrates listed on the food Log subtract the number of fiber in the food?

For example:
I just listed 2 cups of romaine lettuce in the food log, and the total carbohydrate came around 3g, but the actual package of the lettuce was 5g of carbs and 2g of fiber.


If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated
purplepuff is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 11:16 AM
  #2  
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by purplepuff View Post
I just had a quick question...

Does the carbohydrates listed on the food Log subtract the number of fiber in the food?

For example:
I just listed 2 cups of romaine lettuce in the food log, and the total carbohydrate came around 3g, but the actual package of the lettuce was 5g of carbs and 2g of fiber.


If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated
I'm pretty sure, at this point in time, that FitDay does not subtract fiber, so it counts total carbs, not net carbs.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
  #3  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Thank you so much for your reply, I had a little freak out last night with my total carb intake.

Congratulations on your amazing loss.

thanks again
purplepuff is offline  
Old 02-13-2011, 06:39 PM
  #4  
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by purplepuff View Post
Thank you so much for your reply, I had a little freak out last night with my total carb intake.

Congratulations on your amazing loss.

thanks again
You're welcome, and thanks. FitDay has worked really well for me. BTW, welcome to FitDay and the forums. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 02:03 AM
  #5  
FitDay Premium Member
 
Jennybeeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HI
Posts: 81
Default

FitDay PC actually will show you Net Carbs.

If you have the PC version you can do the following:
On the left, click on Reports, then Nutrient Stats. In the drop down there is a "Carbs - Fiber" which is Carbs less the Fiber, which would show you Net Carbs. (however you want to see it, daily, monthly, weekly, etc.)

If you want to see this on your Food Log, click on arrow next to "View" at the top, click "Choose Food Log Columns" then select "Carbs - Fiber"
Jennybeeb is offline  
Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 AM
  #6  
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb View Post
FitDay PC actually will show you Net Carbs.

If you have the PC version you can do the following:
On the left, click on Reports, then Nutrient Stats. In the drop down there is a "Carbs - Fiber" which is Carbs less the Fiber, which would show you Net Carbs. (however you want to see it, daily, monthly, weekly, etc.)

If you want to see this on your Food Log, click on arrow next to "View" at the top, click "Choose Food Log Columns" then select "Carbs - Fiber"
Thanks for the info, Jen. Sounds like your're the FitDay PC guru!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service