how do I log raw plaintain? >

how do I log raw plaintain?

Community
Notices

how do I log raw plaintain?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default how do I log raw plaintain?

The only option I see on here is for logging boiled plantain.

What I like to do with vegetables even ones I cook, is weigh them raw and then add those to fitday and then add any fat/seasoning separately.

If I wanted to take a plantain and cut it up and bake it in the oven for example, how would I know what to enter? Would a boiled ounce be the same weight as a raw ounce I guess it would... but not sure if that's what I should enter.

Also I heard if you let them go completely black you can actually eat them raw, but fitday has no listing for the calories this way. Should I just log it as one whole "boiled" plantain? Do riper plantains have more calories than less ripe ones?

I want to try these but until fitday lets me log them properly it will be difficult.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

I would Google the nutrition information and make a custom food.

I doubt a boiled one would weigh the same as a raw one, but I'm sure you can find nutrition information for all ways of eating/fixing them if you look around the internet.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I would Google the nutrition information and make a custom food.

I doubt a boiled one would weigh the same as a raw one, but I'm sure you can find nutrition information for all ways of eating/fixing them if you look around the internet.
I've been looking around the internet but it's difficult to find such specific information. I wish fitday would carry more of this information. I was pleased to see they at least had the info on the red bananas I got from Fiesta.

I don't want to get bored with the food I'm eating, so I'm trying as many new fruits and vegetables as I can in order to keep the interest level up and to my dismay some of them don't show up at all in fitday even though they're commonly eaten by a lot of people.

I can make custom foods but I wonder if there's a limit on how many custom foods we can make. I already have a long list of them.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

I would post a link, but it's a competitor site. However, if you Google "plaintain nutrition," you will get several hits.

I don't know if there's a limit, but I have about 450 foods in my custom list and no glitches yet.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I found it thanks, 33 calories per ounce raw. I just needed the right search term