Notices

Customize own activity?

Old 01-10-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Customize own activity?

Hi, I'm new here and have checked out the FAQ but they don't have it. I go to a gym and write down what calories I burn. Is there a way I can customise my own activity like you can for food? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by trainingmole
Hi, I'm new here and have checked out the FAQ but they don't have it. I go to a gym and write down what calories I burn. Is there a way I can customise my own activity like you can for food? Thanks in advance!
Great job checking the FAQ first. And good question.

The answer actually was in the FAQ thread but you just missed it.

It's good to have a thread like this in Feedback so others will see it so I'm glad you asked this question.

Customizing activities is now available in the Beta form of FitDay 2.0. So if this is a feature you really desire, you should be using the Beta. I see you are using Classic, so you'll need to go to your Profile and select Beta 2.0 for this feature.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-10-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Great, thank you so much for your prompt response! I tried to change to the new Beta 2.0 but it's full at the moment. Not to worry, I found a solution. I went to the 'gym general' button (can't remember the exact name of it) and then just adjusted the time until I got the calories right. Thanks again!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

You're very welcome. Good job figuring out how to customize an activity.

What do you mean by "full"? You couldn't switch over to Beta?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Vito Maybe I am just missing it where in beta can you customize an activity?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

It's under reports, custom, activity from the scroll menu, then after a few choices you can choose running for example.

Although I haven't really tested it because it's a premium feature and I don't have premium.

I assume this is the way to do custom activities. We were told this was coming in FitDay 2.0 here http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post61697
Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Vito I found it but we can't use it as soon as you try to add the activity it says I am unable to use it premium feature upgrade now!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by VitoVino
It's under reports, custom, activity from the scroll menu, then after a few choices you can choose running for example.

Although I haven't really tested it because it's a premium feature and I don't have premium.

I assume this is the way to do custom activities. We were told this was coming in FitDay 2.0 here http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post61697
I don't see how you can create a custom activity. I only see where you can create a report of activities based on calories distance or time.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:19 PM
FitDay Member

Well, thanks for verifying that Mike. Looks like Custom Activities are not implemented yet.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

When you click to join the Beta 2.0 version, you get a message saying it's "full." I guess they only wanted a specific number of Beta testers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.