Notices

Is adding occupation cheating?

Old 12-14-2010, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Question Is adding occupation cheating?

Hello everyone. I just started and am so excited. So far I love the site. I do not want to cheat though. I want to do this right. Does anyone else add their occupation to their activity log? I work at a candy store standing a lot and do move back and forth alot but i don't know if that is enough to be called "burning calories". If any1 has any comments or suggestions on this it would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-15-2010, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

oh yeah i didnt even think to put sleep...ok thanks bunches
Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

I don't b/c I have it entered under "lifestyle" which is under profile. There is an option for Standing Working.

I only account for sleep and physical activities such as working out or doing cardio.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-15-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Logging your occupation is not cheating. A hospital nurse is gonna burn a lot more calories than someone with a desk job. You'll fall somewhere in between.

FWIW, I don't do the activity log right now, but when I did, I had my lifestyle as "seated, some movement" which is how I am at home, logged the hours I worked b/c being on my feet and working with animals definitely is more activity than I get at home, and I logged sleep. Seemed pretty accurate at the time compared to the movement I saw on the scale. I probably should get back to it, but in all honesty time and discipline are in short supply right now.