FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Sugar content (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/1566-sugar-content.html)

noelminneci 08-02-2010 07:48 AM

Sugar = carbohydrates. There you go! The closer to unrefined, the better the fiber and fiber keeps you full longer.

byrnebarb 08-02-2010 08:46 AM

Any idea why tracking sugar content is only allowed with a paid membership?

Darlahobson 08-02-2010 01:08 PM

I was actually thinking that sugar is the alcohol because years ago when I did Atkins, they refer to sugar alcohols, and I know that most foods don't actually contain alcohol. Conversely, alcohols metabolize into sugars. I put my sugars in the alcohol section because I know that's what it is, and I like to track it.

mblaise5 08-03-2010 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by noelminneci (Post 17435)
Sugar = carbohydrates. There you go! The closer to unrefined, the better the fiber and fiber keeps you full longer.

I'm thinking that's not the answer because the FitDay values are so detailed (i.e it allows you to input % of magnesium, etc for example). I am more interested in getting a read on my daily/weekly intake of sugar than my Vitamin C or E.

mblaise5 08-03-2010 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Darlahobson (Post 17461)
I was actually thinking that sugar is the alcohol because years ago when I did Atkins, they refer to sugar alcohols, and I know that most foods don't actually contain alcohol. Conversely, alcohols metabolize into sugars. I put my sugars in the alcohol section because I know that's what it is, and I like to track it.

I don't think that FitDay is doing that because you're not instructed anywhere to do so. But yes, I was thinking the same thing, just substitute sugar in another nutrients spot. Good idea, alcohol=sugar on my labeling now.

Also, I just glanced through another post and read that Sugar is counted in the premium-you-pay-for-it journal. Nothing wrong with that, everyone needs to make a living. For me, right now, free is good and I'll improvise.

Darlahobson 08-03-2010 07:44 AM

It does seem to work. I use a mac most of the time, and I think the pay for it version is for PC only anyway, but I sure do agree that right now free is good. What is the alcohol then? Is it actual alchohol content in a drink? or is it a reference to sugar alcohols?

getfitwithcheryl 08-06-2010 12:00 AM

sugar content

I agree! Do you think that the sugar should be listed under that alcohol section?????????/

meranaam 08-07-2010 08:01 PM

Yes, I would like to watch the sugar, too. Is this just a trap by Fitday.com to force people to pay? What do they have to say about not including sugar which is a standard part of the food label?

snafuken 08-10-2010 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by meranaam (Post 18037)
Yes, I would like to watch the sugar, too. Is this just a trap by Fitday.com to force people to pay? What do they have to say about not including sugar which is a standard part of the food label?

I agree !!! "What's up with that" :confused:

dalekskittles 08-11-2010 02:59 PM

For those foods that I want to track the sugar content, I've been customizing them and calling 'alcohol' the sugar content. I agree, that is ridiculous. :mad: