FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Sugar content (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/1566-sugar-content.html)

pkhcl 04-20-2010 03:03 PM

No word from FitDay?

Has there been any word from FitDay about adding sugars?

Lizzycritter 04-21-2010 08:09 AM

Unfortunately, FitDay does not separate sugars from other carbs :mad: Alcohol is alcoholic beverages (beer wine etc).

AaronAg 04-21-2010 11:56 PM

I just wanted to add my support for a sugar category. I would say monitoring sugar intake as a special category (even a broad one that might not get at the whole "net carbs" thing) would be as useful a feature as fiber and alcohol.

redhotamy 04-22-2010 05:00 AM

Tracking suger

Yes I think it would be important to track the amount of suger per day, I think that would be useful. All I know is that work had a huge party and I passed up on the the cake. You know the one... lots of icing 2 layers. Cake was my weekness so... I am happy to say I am not missing that suger rush from that cake!!!:)

JN146 04-29-2010 02:05 AM

Use Alcohol to track Sugar...

I use the Alcohol section to track my sugars, because in reality it is the sugar that makes you fat, not the fat...
I agree they should have a separate entry for sugar.

tandoorichicken 04-29-2010 03:37 AM

Sugars falls under the carbs section. After accounting for fiber, all carbs, regardless of whether they come from starch, plain sugar, or more complex starchy chains eventually turn into glucose in the blood stream. I think this is why tracking sugar separately in FD would be redundant. Your sugar intake is just your total carbs - fiber.

-Nik

Kwontor 06-21-2010 03:00 AM

Glad I browsed the board first...

I was gonna post this very question!! I just started using this site today and was shocked that there was no spot to track sugar!!! I would love to see this added :)

Starrific 07-06-2010 01:38 PM

Help w/ custom foods - no sugar tracking

When I create a custom food there's no where to enter the sugar of the food. I sure would like to see how much sugar is in my diet! And why is there a spot for alcohols - is that supposed to be sugars or something. I'm so confused! Thanks for help.:confused:

heytred 07-13-2010 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken (Post 9657)
Sugars falls under the carbs section. After accounting for fiber, all carbs, regardless of whether they come from starch, plain sugar, or more complex starchy chains eventually turn into glucose in the blood stream. I think this is why tracking sugar separately in FD would be redundant. Your sugar intake is just your total carbs - fiber.

-Nik

This.

I can understand wanting to track your sugar, but in the end it's all accounted for within in your carbs. If it's an important factor in your diet to track sugar intake, simply use the above "formula" (carbs - fiber) a there ya go. =]]

nestafett 07-17-2010 07:38 PM

If its just carbs-fiber=sugars then how come on the food labels it almost never adds up like that?