Windows Antivirus 2012 (is a virus itself!) in fitday

Reply

Old 08-25-2012, 05:16 PM
  #1  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Kathy13118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,994
Default Windows Antivirus 2012 (is a virus itself!) in fitday

I have noticed that it is only in fitday that I have been plagued by 'Windows Antivirus 2012.' It is a virus, not an anti-virus as it purports to be. If you google the term 'Windows antivirus 2012', you will see how pesky this annoying virus can be - and I believe near-impossible to eradicate. I always simply leave fitday when it appears. You cannot- should not- respond to any prompt in this stupid virus! Just leave.

But, perhaps the website administrators can address this from their position. I have 2 effective anti-virus tools active on my computer already. Effective but not in eradicating this. I notice that if I start a scan right before entering fitday, I have less chance of encountering the virus, which pretty much takes over the session. But that's cumbersome. I have real-time protection from both of my AV tools, yet this virus flies under the radar.

There are a few suggestions for attacking this, from discussion on the web from disgruntled victims like myself. However, this virus is only popping up in fitday for me, so I thought I'd let you know!
Kathy13118 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:41 PM
  #2  
IBswilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
I have noticed that it is only in fitday that I have been plagued by 'Windows Antivirus 2012.' It is a virus, not an anti-virus as it purports to be. If you google the term 'Windows antivirus 2012', you will see how pesky this annoying virus can be - and I believe near-impossible to eradicate. I always simply leave fitday when it appears. You cannot- should not- respond to any prompt in this stupid virus! Just leave.

But, perhaps the website administrators can address this from their position. I have 2 effective anti-virus tools active on my computer already. Effective but not in eradicating this. I notice that if I start a scan right before entering fitday, I have less chance of encountering the virus, which pretty much takes over the session. But that's cumbersome. I have real-time protection from both of my AV tools, yet this virus flies under the radar.

There are a few suggestions for attacking this, from discussion on the web from disgruntled victims like myself. However, this virus is only popping up in fitday for me, so I thought I'd let you know!
Can you please take a few screenshots of FitDay when this happens?
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 PM
  #3  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 965
Default

I am actually on Fitday Classic but I are screen shots of this 'Windows Antivirus'. First the 'Prompt' pops up then no matter what you select the URL is redirected to the second Screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WindowsAntiVirusScreen.jpg (19.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg
WindowsAntiVirusPrompt.jpg (20.7 KB, 7 views)
rpmcduff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 PM
  #4  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 965
Default

Sorry for the double screens, I'm working from dual monitors and thought I had cropped these before saving them as .png files.
rpmcduff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM
  #5  
Super Moderator
 
vabeachgirlNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,118
Default

Originally Posted by rpmcduff View Post
I am actually on Fitday Classic but I are screen shots of this 'Windows Antivirus'. First the 'Prompt' pops up then no matter what you select the URL is redirected to the second Screen shot.
Thank you for posting the screen shots. Unfortunately they are too small to see the details even when clicking on the thumbnail. I tried enlarging them manually but it just makes them blurry. Is there anyway you can post them as full size or PM them?
vabeachgirlNYC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
  #6  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 965
Default

I will try to capture them again then next time they pop up on me.
rpmcduff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:17 PM
  #7  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 965
Default

Here is another Screen shot of the Anti-virus. Hopefully this one is better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Anti-Virus ScreenSHot.jpg (88.6 KB, 7 views)
rpmcduff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM
  #8  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Unhappy Anti Virus -2012

I had this happen last week several times, so I stopped using the site. It seems to have gone away. At least it hasn't cropped up yesterday and today.

When I logged on the AM, however, I got a warning message that there was a problem with the security certificate

Sounds like something/someone is messing with the site.

Cheers,

Paul
nanandpc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 PM
  #9  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by rpmcduff View Post
Here is another Screen shot of the Anti-virus. Hopefully this one is better.
I just had this happen to me. What is going on? When I run my Anti virus program it tells me my computer is fine?
LMB2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:07 PM
  #10  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 965
Default

This is looks to be a redirect to another webpage. It looks kind of like Windows Explorer but if you look at the top you will see it actually is a URL that it has hijacked you off to.
rpmcduff is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service