FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-2-0-feedback-support/)
-   -   Please delete my FitDay account (Moderated thread) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-2-0-feedback-support/6238-please-delete-my-fitday-account-moderated-thread.html)

Nat...x 03-19-2010 11:58 PM

Please delete my FitDay account (Moderated thread)

I am no longer in need of my account but don't know how do delete it, can anyone help? Thanks :)

smarge117 04-02-2011 08:50 AM

How do I cancel/close my account?

Hope this is the correct place for this. I am in the process of streamlining my online presence and I no longer use fitday.com, but I can't find where online I can close/cancel my account so that it is no longer active.

any help??

caliban511 07-13-2011 01:28 AM

I also want my account deleted please, for several reasons. I don't want to get the newsletter and can't unsubscribe because the e-mailing service you're using has been flagged by Trend and AVG, so my AntiVirus software won't let me get to the site where I need to go to unsubscribe, and there's no place on fitday.com to change my e-mailing preferences (not that I can find anyway).

Please delete my account.

01gt4.6 07-13-2011 02:53 AM

we have been told that the only accounts that can be deleted are premium accounts, non paying members can just stop using the site at any time.

rcnguyen 09-09-2011 05:07 PM

Yes, I want to delete my account as well. It's not just about not wanting to use it anymore. Often times people use the same username across many sites and it is a matter of security!

ibobi 11-28-2011 10:41 AM

Send an account disable request through the Contact FitDay link below.

cm0s 01-06-2012 02:01 PM

Vito Moderated Post

Please delete my account as well

kem.psyche 01-07-2012 05:49 PM

Vito Moderated Post

The contact fitday link does not work. I too would like my account deleted. I don't feel comfortable having an account with a site that does not allow its users to delete their own accounts.

VitoVino 01-09-2012 01:28 AM

Here is what you need to do

Here's what to do:

To disable/delete your account, send an "Account Disable" request via E mail:

[email protected]

VitoVino 01-31-2012 01:36 PM

Vito Moderated Post: Note to Moderators/Admin

Once a person posts the request, the post is moderated, and a PM then sent informing the person to

[email protected]
Whoever moderates the post should send the PM.

By doing it this way, requests are hidden from public view which is better. Thank you.

clintonsfrenchfries 02-21-2012 01:03 PM

delete my account please. i don't want to belong to a sight that shuns it's android users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

robgolbeck 02-23-2012 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 67704)

[email protected]

Will this DELETE the account, or just DISABLE it (while keeping my info on FitDay's servers....)? I signed up for the site years ago, but I don't use it so now I just want to delete it. I'm sure it's a great site and helps a lot of people, but it's just not for me.

It's very frustrating that there's no simple way to automatically delete an account.... It's frankly ridiculous to give paid members the option, but not anyone else. Plenty of other sites let ALL their users delete their account if they choose, so why can't FitDay? I'm a web developer, so I know that it's not too difficult to implement.... It's a matter of privacy.

dcmatt 04-02-2012 04:49 AM

I too am concerned about my data security. I do not want my account "disabled". I want my data destroyed.

VitoVino 04-03-2012 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by dcmatt (Post 78017)
I too am concerned about my data security. I do not want my account "disabled". I want my data destroyed.

Well that ain't gonna happen. They gave you a free account. Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Bottomgun 04-17-2012 12:20 PM

I had the original fit day program for 3 years, it worked. Bought a new computer and tried to get fit day again, purchased "premium account" thinking that was going to give me the new fit day program that would run on my pc. Thought it was awful expensive at $50. Then I find the fit day 2 program download page and ended up paying $30 for the pc version. Now I'm trying to find a way to cancel the "premium" thing but can't find any navigation to any of my account information to do any cancellation. Then there is the issue of just contacting fit day, nothing but "feedback" report? Well I've given up on the feedback route with all the bugs I found in their program. I can't cut & paste without crashing fit day 2 so I just want all my money back. I've crashed the program 6 times first day. I give up.

I'm running widows 7/64bit and the issue I have is the view/current view/Group foods by meal does not save for me so when the program is started up, after it was shut down, has to be selected again. Then when I highlight more then one food log entry and transfer it to a different meal time, (like lunch to dinner), it crashes every time. Had the old program running just before I updated it and it worked ok.

Now all I want is to get all my money back and get this off my computer.

cynthi6 05-22-2012 06:16 AM

cancel

How do you cancel?

01gt4.6 05-22-2012 09:04 AM

What are you trying to cancel? Are you trying to go from 2.0 to classic?

cynthi6 05-22-2012 02:27 PM

Cancel my account

danielcarter 05-23-2012 02:42 AM

Delete my account

Originally Posted by robgolbeck (Post 73849)
Will this DELETE the account, or just DISABLE it (while keeping my info on FitDay's servers....)? I signed up for the site years ago, but I don't use it so now I just want to delete it. I'm sure it's a great site and helps a lot of people, but it's just not for me.

It's very frustrating that there's no simple way to automatically delete an account.... It's frankly ridiculous to give paid members the option, but not anyone else. Plenty of other sites let ALL their users delete their account if they choose, so why can't FitDay? I'm a web developer, so I know that it's not too difficult to implement.... It's a matter of privacy.

I'm in the exact same boat. I signed up years ago and still get annoying nag emails. I also can't find any way to make it stop.

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 78114)
Well that ain't gonna happen. They gave you a free account. Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

I am also a software developer, and I don't want to hear that crap about "you want them to take time to remove you from X or Y database". Yes, if you take people's personal information, even for a free service, ESPECIALLY something like personal health, I believe you have an obligation to allow users to remove or redact that personal information.

I'm not saying that I want you to dig into your DB by hand and personally write the delete statement, I'm saying you should have designed a methodology for me to do it.

And don't get snide about "tech people's time" with my personal information. Obviously if the "premium accounts" have the ability to do it that methodology exists; they should have exposed the function to their free clients as well. I see this as holding my information hostage.

You won't remove my HEALTH INFORMATION until I pay for an account? That's the very definition of "hostage".

VitoVino 05-23-2012 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by danielcarter (Post 81808)
I am also a software developer, and I don't want to hear that crap about "you want them to take time to remove you from X or Y database".

Well too bad. I've said it. And I'll say it again: "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about." :p

Yes, if you take people's personal information, even for a free service, ESPECIALLY something like personal health, I believe you have an obligation to allow users to remove or redact that personal information.

I'm not saying that I want you to dig into your DB by hand and personally write the delete statement, I'm saying you should have designed a methodology for me to do it.

That capability was NOT built into FitDay to begin with. So I stand behind my "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about." :p

And don't get snide about "tech people's time" with my personal information. Obviously if the "premium accounts" have the ability to do it that methodology exists; they should have exposed the function to their free clients as well.

Not getting snide, stating FACTS. And your facts are **wrong**. There it NO CAPABILITY built in; only with the Premium accounts will a tech go in and delete the data. Get it? Good! :p

Take that, software developer! :p

By the way... "exposed the function"??? Do you mean GIVEN PERMISSIONS??? You don't even talk like a developer so I call you on this as well.

01gt4.6 05-23-2012 04:01 AM

I'm in the exact same boat. I signed up years ago and still get annoying nag emails. I also can't find any way to make it stop.

What emails are you referring to and how often do you get them? I don't know if I've ever received an email from FitDay.

I am also a software developer, and I don't want to hear that crap about "you want them to take time to remove you from X or Y database". Yes, if you take people's personal information, even for a free service, ESPECIALLY something like personal health, I believe you have an obligation to allow users to remove or redact that personal information.

And don't get snide about "tech people's time" with my personal information. Obviously if the "premium accounts" have the ability to do it that methodology exists; they should have exposed the function to their free clients as well. I see this as holding my information hostage.

You won't remove my HEALTH INFORMATION until I pay for an account? That's the very definition of "hostage".

I'm sorry that you feel that FitDay is holding your information "hostage". Any information that FitDay gets on a user was freely given by that user, FitDay doesn't go out and "take" information.

Did you try contacting FitDay directly, via the link provided below about your concerns?

VitoVino 05-23-2012 04:24 AM

@ danielcarter

Also, being a software developer, you are familiar with Terms of Service. Here is FitDay's regarding your "hostage data"

Intellectual Property

You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and (ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.

By displaying or posting content on the Site, you hereby grant us a nonexclusive global license to publish the content submitted by you to the Site. You also grant us global nonexclusive adaptation and resale rights over any content and material submitted to the Site. These nonexclusive publishing license and resale/adaptation rights extend to any materials submitted "for publication" within the Site, including both message board postings and content submitted for uploading and subsequent publishing within non-message board portions of the Site. Neither we nor our staff will be responsible for any misleading, false or otherwise injurious information and advice communicated on the Site or for any results obtained from the use of such information or advice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a user through the user's reliance on information and advice gained on the Site.

Did you read the TOS when you signed up? Your data is located on the "non-message board portion of the site", so you are out of luck.

Kohsamui 05-23-2012 11:15 PM

Now, that's what I would call a "spirited" response!... At this point, I'd say there should be no further need to get all roused up about this topic...

VitoVino 05-24-2012 01:19 AM

I'm probably just talking to a one post wonder anyway. OPW's abound on FD. ;)

danelledawnc 06-08-2012 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 81811)
Well too bad. I've said it. And I'll say it again: "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about." :p

That capability was NOT built into FitDay to begin with. So I stand behind my "Now you want a tech to take the time to go in and delete all your data from 2 separate databases, on an anonymous account that nobody but you will ever know about." :p

Not getting snide, stating FACTS. And your facts are **wrong**. There it NO CAPABILITY built in; only with the Premium accounts will a tech go in and delete the data. Get it? Good! :p

Take that, software developer! :p

By the way... "exposed the function"??? Do you mean GIVEN PERMISSIONS??? You don't even talk like a developer so I call you on this as well.

Wow! The way you talk to people VitoVino... Rude. Think I will go use another site - Thanks for the inspiration. No need to be part of a community with people like you who are so very condescending. A little smiley face at the end of your very rude sentences is like spit in the face. Try reading "Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ" by Daniel Goleman and maybe you can learn how you can use psychology to help relieve people's aggravations rather than making it worse.

danielcarter 06-11-2012 05:34 AM

Thanks anyway

My information may be wrong, but I got that information directly from this very thread.

01gt4.6 said:
we have been told that the only accounts that can be deleted are premium accounts, non paying members can just stop using the site at any time.

Also, by the way, you were getting snide. You still are. This next statement is snide.

VitoVino said:
Not getting snide, stating FACTS. And your facts are **wrong**. There it NO CAPABILITY built in; only with the Premium accounts will a tech go in and delete the data. Get it? Good!
Your statement actually confirmed exactly what I said before. You said, in that very statement, that you won't remove my health information until I pay for an account. I consider that a problem.

VitoVino said:
My choice of wording in relation to "giving permissions" was a more general way to reference functions that are available to end users. Whether it involves "giving permission", exposing another final endpoint to a service, or WHATEVER the idea is the same. And irrelevant to the argument. Not all developers walk and talk the same, develop in the same languages, or use the same technologies.

VitoVino said:
There it NO CAPABILITY built in; only with the Premium accounts will a tech go in and delete the data.
If the capability wasn't built in, that isn't an argument for why you're right. It's actually shows that this is either poorly designed system, was built specifically to retain info even after users leave, or they simply missed something that we (as users) feel was necessary.

VitoVino said:
I'm probably just talking to a one post wonder anyway. OPW's abound on FD.
Does this give you some sort of psycological upper-hand? Make you feel better about ripping someone open for asking such a simple request?

I have no desire to hear from you again, although I'm sure I will. I will be ignoring any further "advice" or "help" that you provide.

Now, to acknowledge a more reasonable post:

01gt4.6
What emails are you referring to and how often do you get them? I don't know if I've ever received an email from FitDay.
I don't get them terribly often, but once in a while I get a "Sign up for FitDay Premium!" solicitation. I could deal with the emails (just delete them when I get them), but I literally do not use the service at all, so I have to wonder if the emails will ever end.

And for me, the concern over my personal health data is of more important. People's fitness is a very personal matter.

01gt4.6 06-11-2012 09:29 AM

danielcarter, as far as emails I must not get them because I'm already a premium member. Does your email service let you block an email address or report at spam? Have you tried to change your email address under the profile tab?

VitoVino 06-12-2012 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by danelledawnc (Post 83057)
Wow! The way you talk to people VitoVino... Rude.

Yes, this is very rude of me to state the Terms of Service, PROVING that you don't have a leg to stand on regarding "hostage" data:

Intellectual Property

You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and (ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.

By displaying or posting content on the Site, you hereby grant us a nonexclusive global license to publish the content submitted by you to the Site. You also grant us global nonexclusive adaptation and resale rights over any content and material submitted to the Site. These nonexclusive publishing license and resale/adaptation rights extend to any materials submitted "for publication" within the Site, including both message board postings and content submitted for uploading and subsequent publishing within non-message board portions of the Site. Neither we nor our staff will be responsible for any misleading, false or otherwise injurious information and advice communicated on the Site or for any results obtained from the use of such information or advice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a user through the user's reliance on information and advice gained on the Site.

Did you read the TOS when you signed up? Your data is located on the "non-message board portion of the site", so you are out of luck.

Originally Posted by danelledawnc (Post 83057)
Think I will go use another site - Thanks for the inspiration. No need to be part of a community with people like you who are so very condescending.

By the way, this makes no sense. So you want your data deleted because you are leaving the site, but because someone points out to you that it's not going to happen you are threatening to leave... twice? :p

VitoVino 06-12-2012 01:52 AM

@ danelledawnc

AND

@ danielcarter

Complain all you want about your data not getting deleted, and how it's being held "hostage". And since you demand a shoulder to cry on, and tell me I'm "rude" for stating the cold hard facts, I offer you this:

http://www.gad.net/Blog/wp-content/u...sueBox-800.jpg

danielcarter 06-15-2012 08:30 AM

Ha, nice, you found an image of a tissue box, you're so clever VitoVino. Pretty funny too. And much smarter than me, wow.

01gt4.6
I just received another email (Subject "The Guide to Skinny Summer Drinks – June 2012"), so I would say that marks an increase in email activity from the system. I could just mark these emails as spam, and will do so if I must, but the emails are a reminder that I have personal health data sitting in some service that I can't redact or remove.

Marking these as spam would kinda be like taking Advil for a severed limb. It would abate my immediate symptoms, but there's still the underlying problem (that being my perpetual membership on some site I don't use.)

01gt4.6 06-15-2012 01:49 PM

danielcarter, As for now that's all I have to suggest. I'm going to see what I can find out on this. I'll keep you posted.

vabeachgirlNYC 06-16-2012 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by danielcarter (Post 83621)

I just received another email (Subject "The Guide to Skinny Summer Drinks – June 2012"), so I would say that marks an increase in email activity from the system. I could just mark these emails as spam, and will do so if I must, but the emails are a reminder that I have personal health data sitting in some service that I can't redact or remove.

Have you tried this...

Go to User CP

Under Settings and Options choose Edit Options.

Under Messaging & Notification uncheck Receive Emails.

Scroll to bottom of page and choose Save changes.

danielcarter 06-19-2012 03:34 AM

Many thanks to 01gt4.6 for your help. It is really appreciated.

vabeachgirlNYC, thank you very much for the information, but receiving spam emails is not my primary problem; I can stop spam emails in many different ways. My problem is purging my personal health data from a system I no longer use. The emails act as a reminder that I need to remove that personal data.

BelleClarke 08-19-2012 03:24 PM

Piiiiiissed off

Wow, I've been a member of this site for less than an hour and already I desperately want OUT. I'm completely disgusted that you don't have a delete account option for people who haven't forked over money to you.

For some reason this site seems to think I weigh 145kgs, even though I never entered a weight, and it refuses to let me change it. I tried many times but the page is greyed out and I can't click on a single thing or enter a weight. That renders this site USELESS to me.

Also, having read some of the forums this site seems pretty shady (refusing to reply to people asking for refunds is a massive red flag, as is people paying for premium but still being bombarded by ads).

No doubt VitoVino will come along and have a go at me but he'll be wasting his time because I'll never be coming back to a site that I've come to despise so much in such a short amount of time. Especially not just to see what some nasty self-righteous prick has said to me.

First impressions are important and WOW WOW WOW have you made a bad one on me Fitday.

Do what I'm about to do people - change your email addres to a fake one, then never return.

01gt4.6 08-20-2012 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by BelleClarke (Post 87755)
Also, having read some of the forums this site seems pretty shady (refusing to reply to people asking for refunds is a massive red flag, as is people paying for premium but still being bombarded by ads).

FitDay, like many sites have a PM feature. Just because you didn't see a response publicly, don't assume that the situation wasn't taken care of privately. ;)

I belong to many sites and I can't think of any that have a delete account option. If they do, I've never noticed.

As for other members, try not to let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

kvattikuti 09-26-2012 01:22 AM

Deleting my account

Hi guys,

How do I delete my profile on fitday? Cannot find any options under profile.

Thanks.

madcapmonster 09-28-2012 03:47 PM

I'd like to delete my account too. Thanks!

FDJames 10-12-2012 04:18 AM

Wow, I've been a member of this site for less than an hour and already I desperately want OUT.

+1

FitDay, like many sites have a PM feature. Just because you didn't see a response publicly, don't assume that the situation wasn't taken care of privately.
I suggest giving some clear confirmation that it was taken care of privately, in every case. Because right now what people see when they come here is no option to leave the site, a bunch of people asking and getting no clear answer, and some clown ranting on about how they don't have a legal case, and wondering why so many people post once and never come back.

I belong to many sites and I can't think of any that have a delete account option. If they do, I've never noticed.
I have wished to close my account on many sites, and in every case I have been able to do so. Either through an automated process, or a clearly stated cancellations email address.

Not having your process down is one thing. Not even comprehending why people would even care is pretty much an instant do not use this site warning in my eyes.

01gt4.6 10-12-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by FDJames (Post 90395)
+1

I suggest giving some clear confirmation that it was taken care of privately, in every case. Because right now what people see when they come here is no option to leave the site, a bunch of people asking and getting no clear answer, and some clown ranting on about how they don't have a legal case, and wondering why so many people post once and never come back.

I have wished to close my account on many sites, and in every case I have been able to do so. Either through an automated process, or a clearly stated cancellations email address.

Not having your process down is one thing. Not even comprehending why people would even care is pretty much an instant do not use this site warning in my eyes.

FDJames, my response about not everything being posted publicly and is sometimes being PMed was in reference to premium charges and premium accounts. To my knowledge all have been corrected and Admin contacted the members directly. There is no reason for us to always post that an issue was fixed, as long as the member that is concerns knows, that's all that counts. I have yet to see of a member come back after I was told it was fixed and say anything other.

As far as other sites, this is a recent thread another site that I belong to (**be warned before reading** that the members there are not friendly and the moderators and admin allow it)Please delete this account : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com deleting accounts isn't as common as people think. BTW, I'm not a moderator on that site and the way that the mods and admin handles issues is ridiculous.

Here's other sites that I belong to, I use to be a moderator on this one but I stepped down b/c I wasn't active enough and we were never able to delete any members account, only ban >> http://mustangforums.com/forum/forum...e-account.html

... and another (they claim at one point they can but I've never known them to delete an account)
http://forums.corral.net/forums/loun...y-account.html

I've asked to be removed from a couple old sites that I no longer visit and it's yet to happen, so this isn't just a FitDay thing.

I hope this gives some clarity.:)

AJJ76 11-17-2012 12:40 PM

Wow, I've been a member of this site for less than an hour and already I desperately want OUT. I'm completely disgusted that you don't have a delete account option for people who haven't forked over money to you.

For some reason this site seems to think I weigh 145kgs, even though I never entered a weight, and it refuses to let me change it. I tried many times but the page is greyed out and I can't click on a single thing or enter a weight. That renders this site USELESS to me.

No doubt VitoVino will come along and have a go at me but he'll be wasting his time because I'll never be coming back to a site that I've come to despise so much in such a short amount of time. Especially not just to see what some nasty self-righteous prick has said to me.

First impressions are important and WOW WOW WOW have you made a bad one on me Fitday.

Do what I'm about to do people - change your email addres to a fake one, then never return.

I hear ya, I started the account to check it out and see what it has to offer. For some reason this site takes forever to load on my PC, my guess is all the ad's loading. Found this thread to see if I can cancel and seen VitoVino douche bag's reply's and want out ASAP. With members like that I would have left regardless.