Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-21-2011, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
SW: shoot what?
Making holes in paper targets
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

I did 3 miles today. quite rough. The sun shine right in my face and the win go against me. I gave up and walked at 1/4 to finish.
Mai
Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
FitDay Premium Member

yes I did, and feeling a little pooped!
I've got quite an ambitious week ahead... we'll see if I can actually do all that I've set out to do.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wants2loseFAT
Hi there lovely people! I am new to this site and still not done reading threads. LoL.

Anyway, with the question above. Yes, I did some exercise today. Walked for 1.5 hours with my dear Roxy. (my brown lab)

Oh, doggy walking, one of the all time greatest exercises! An hour and a half is quite a walk.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Natalie, welcome! I had a friend who called his black lab "my fuzzy treadmill" - they force you out when you'd rather not!

I did 15 minutes on a treadmill, first 10 fast (7 MPH), last five slow (4-6 MPH) - I didn't want to be all tuckered out for Zumba, but found that class was cancelled, however the fitness director offered a TRX demo instead, which was fun, I was suspending and pushing, and working interesting muscles. I don't know if I'll keep with TRX - the Y has an additonal fee for it, and I can get as good a workout with weights - maybe I'll buy a card (it's 8 classes for $70) as a reward for hitting my next weight number.

Abby
Old 08-23-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't yet today, but will definitely do a workout at lunch. Yesterday I increased speed and distance on my outside walk -- 2.5 miles in 40 mins (16.5 avg/3.7) I know that probably doesn't sound like much to those of you who are superfit, but for me, it's a real improvement.

Today it's elliptical/treadmill with some core work first. 40 minutes is about all the time I have. I hope tonight I'll get the chance to do some weightlifting. Haven't done enough this time around.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, 70 min on the elliptical.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jmacleve
I know that probably doesn't sound like much to those of you who are superfit, but for me, it's a real improvement.
Hi JMA - I think we all do what you are doing - consider the "superfit", but, this is the place to celebrate that you are doing a little more than you could do before - that's superfit in my book. One year ago running for 15 minutes was a vain dream, and now. Getting better every day feels great!

Abby
Old 08-23-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Did an easy pre-work run of 3.25 miles this morning, keeping it light all week, I've got a 5k race this Saturday.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck SW !

Today was a pretty good 3.5 mile run on the treadmill, 35 minutes nice and slow to cool down at the end, which I love - feeling my heart slow down. Then 25 crunches on the decline bench, and a wonderful stretch.

Yesterday I went for a walk with an old friend to catch up (a year ago we would have gone out for a beer, I suggested a walk instead), it was beautiful, and she walks fast, so I'll count that as extra.

Be strong !

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.