FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Did You Exercise Today??? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/3025-did-you-exercise-today.html)

lastri 04-03-2011 06:51 AM

Run 3 miles this morning. Broke "my world record" 44 second faster.
I used to run 12m/mile. Today I did 11m16s/mile.
Maybe it's not as fast for many people but I did it first time.
Mai

RunbikeSki 04-03-2011 11:05 AM

Hey Mai,
That's great! And what a huge jump in speed. Others may not realize how hard it is to get 44 seconds faster, but most runners (myself included) would do backflips for a 10 second improvement.

Keep up the good work.

Pam

lastri 04-04-2011 06:51 AM

Thanks Pam! Are you a long term runner? I just started to run last summer, at the end of the summer I was be able to run 10 miles. not run much in the winter. Now the weather getting warmer, I will start again. And plan to run 13.1 miles by the end of this summer. I don't like races, just do it for fitness.

It's 80 degree to day.
I did 30minutes strength already. I plan to go walk with 2 kids in a double stroller later.
Mai

Ratsmouth 04-04-2011 08:44 AM

Other than taking my dog back to the vet to have her stitches out, didn't get my exercise in today. I did walk yesterday. Have a split heel that's giving me some problems, so this morning I soaked it and gave it a dose of Vaseline inside a sock. Should be okay tomorrow, at least okay enough to get back on the treadmill/road. AND...I connected with a friend who wants to do a short overnight backpack trip on the Appalachian Trail. (YAY!) I've been wanting to get back to backpacking for a long time. Carpe Diem!

sw07 04-04-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by lastri (Post 42514)
Thanks Pam! Are you a long term runner? I just started to run last summer, at the end of the summer I was be able to run 10 miles. not run much in the winter. Now the weather getting warmer, I will start again. And plan to run 13.1 miles by the end of this summer. I don't like races, just do it for fitness.

It's 80 degree to day.
I did 30minutes strength already. I plan to go walk with 2 kids in a double stroller later.
Mai

That's awesome! I did a 10k yesterday morning and then I did about 4 hours of yardwork- I sure slept good:D

lastri 04-04-2011 12:02 PM

Thanks SW07! I did walk as I plan 1 hour and pushing 2 kids.
10K, That's great!I love to get back there again.
Mai

dear_abby 04-05-2011 12:45 AM

Tuesday Crunch Time

I got in 25 mins on the treadmill (slightly better than ten minute miles, with a 1.5 incline for the first mile), not feeling great stamina. But, had to stop because it was ten of seven, and my friends were gathering for Tuesday Abs, we get together for fifteen minutes of hard ab work on Tuesdays (same group does overall muscle training on Thursdays.

20 sit ups on the decline bench, and used the reverse crunch for the first time.

Every day in every way I'm getting better and better

Abby

kimbur96 04-05-2011 02:22 PM

i got in 30 minutes on the elliptical set on interval training and went from that to 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.3mph.

Northernpt 04-05-2011 05:18 PM

got in 40 minutes of sandbag training for lower body followed by 20 minutes of plyo jumps it was a good time had by ME!! haha

vabeachgirlNYC 04-05-2011 05:51 PM

Yep and I feel great! Since recovering from my injury, I set a new 8min mile PR. Second mile was closer to 9min though. I finally feel like I am getting back to normal! I ran 30 more untimed minutes. I was on a high because last year I broke my heel and spent 2&1/2 months on crutches but today it barely hurt on my (hard surface) run! :D

I also lifted for 30 minutes. :)