Notices

Entering CrossFit into Activities

Old 08-12-2014, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Entering CrossFit into Activities

How do you count CrossFit in the Activities Log? Do you break it down by what you did or enter as circuit training?
Old 08-13-2014, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Hey joyhall -

Exercise/activities are always tough, because there are so many that aren't listed. The best thing to do (if you can) is to figure out how many calories you burn doing your crossfit and try to find the closest burn you can. I do this by using a heart rate monitor that calculates calories burned based on my own particular parameters (height, weight, age etc.)

Then I try to find the thing with the closest burn.

For example, when I do my aerobic DVD, I usually burn roughly 13-14 cals/min according to my HRM. If I look under "aerobics" however, it has only a 7 or 8 cal/min burn, which is nowhere near what I achieve. I usually end up recording my aerobic activity as very fast cycling, which has a more appropriate burn that matches what I actually do.

However, heart rate monitors are unfortunately not cheap. The one I bought was $80. If you don't want to invest in one, I'd suggest entering it as circuit training one day and as the individual activities another day and see what "looks" more right to you. Our bodies are all very different and the activity log here is a rough guess at best without knowing your individual burn.

I hope this is at least somewhat helpful!