Optifast - giving it a try >

Optifast - giving it a try

Community
Notices

Optifast - giving it a try

Old 10-29-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kelly and Marienita -

Another week has past and I dropped another 2 lbs. I've noticed I'm not drinking my water like I should so I'm kicking it up and really going to down it. I've also been sneaking in some cheats - which I need to stop! So today is Monday and with a new week I'm going to get back on track. I want to lose some serious weight by the holidays. If I do then I would have reached my first goal. So for now I'm just focusing on the next 2 months - 8 weeks. Let's see how much I can lose if I really put my mind to it.

It sounds like you both are doing well and congratulations! Keep up the good work. Kelly, a trip to the Cabo sounds so wonderful. I'm sure you'll do fine. Bottom line, enjoy the trip and you can get back on track when you get home. Marienita.. keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. The three of us will get through this and we will look and feel better for it.

I'll check back soon,

Liz
Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Had my weigh-in today...I'vs been pretty good. I've been on this weight loss journey( this time) since August 3, 2012, so it's been 3 months. I am down a total of 28 pounds!!! I feel great but I still need to loose another 20. So I am proud of myself but I still have way more to loose and then keeo it off.
Liz, I've noticed I have not been drinking emough water either. It seems like when it was hot out it was a lot easier to drink water and now since it's not so hot I don't want to drink it. Maybe I will start drinking more tea and more water.
Hope all is well with you Liz....And Marienita are you still out there too? Ihave to go but talk to you soon!!!

Kelly

It
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
FitDay Member

Question Kaiser member

Hi Liz! first of all, congratulations on your success. i can imagine how amazing you must feel. I just have a quick question if you dont mind. Today i went to my dr. at Kaiser, Also in california, and she recommended to me the optifast program and said it would work best for me. I am so excited about it, and would love to start right away, but i see how pricey it can be. My question is, Does our insurance cover any of it? and how much out of pocket should i be expecting? this is the scary part for me. If you can please email me any info you can offer on this program through kaiser, mostly cost information. since im never on this sight im worried i wont get your response. Keep up the great work!!! and thanks in advance for your helpful information.
[email protected]
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Post Just starting Opti Fast...

I just started OptiFast, I appreciated reading your experiences here so I thought I would add my own in case anyone is interested.

I started Optifast 800 on 11/14 so today is my day 7 and I am really excited that I have been able to stick with the plan. My only cheat was 4oz of wine. So I am only eating shakes, bars, and soup. Tomorrow I will have my first weigh-in and I really hope it is motivating. I have never really dieted before so I am really trying to do this right.

Height:5'5
Starting Weight: 204
Goal Weight:160
Old 11-20-2012, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not in CA but I can give you a reference for the cost where I am. Insurance does pick up my weekly appointments and I only pay a $20 co-pay, insurance doesnt typically pay for food. Where I am on the OptiFast 800 food is $15.00 a day so $3.00 per supplement. I buy all my supplies a week at a time. Its not cheap, but I'm also saving money by not eating out or drinking.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Beginning optifast

Hi there I starting optifast 1200calories including one meal a day tomorrow. I wanted straight optifast but that doesn't start until the end of Feb. I'm so excited any helpful tips
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Started today

on modified optifast.. one sensible meal a day.. I think this is going to work for me. I am sick of being fat.. sick of being tired, sick of having my body hurt from all the weight.. I look forward to summer with a new me.. a better healthier me.. Im so excited today.. I love the shakes.. yummy.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Im on kaiser in So Cal as well, they don't cover the food only the lab work.. The kaiser in woodland hills has a modified ( one meal a day) optifast which I started and it is 90 a week..
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey I'm finally back and it has been since my vacation since I've posted. O.k. so I pretty much went off my new way of eating but I have my appointment back with my dr. on Thursday. I know I have gained in the last 1 month (YES THAT IS HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN!) but I have to get back on the horse so to speak!!!
Liz where are you I hope you post soon!!!!

TTYL
Kelly
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all ... I'm back!!! I've been very busy with work and haven't gotten on here to post. Regarding Optifast ... I did the 12 weeks and I was doing well when I attended the meetings but when the meetings ended it was much harder for me.

I ended up losing 19 lbs. I have more to go so will do the best I can to get back on track. I can't afford another run on the program so I'll have to do it on my own. I found as long as I stuck to close to 1200 calories per day I lost weight.

Good luck to all those joining in. I'm sure you'll lose weight and feel better.

Kelly .. thanks for your encouraging emails to get me back in here. That was very sweet of you.

Best to all of you!!
Liz