Notices

Eat to Live diet by Joel Fuhrman

Old 01-08-2015, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in the same boat. Started Jan 1st and honestly have been doing well - no cravings, satiated, and I enjoy beans, greens and fruit. The salad dressings, however, are killing me. I've tried to make 3 different types - all pretty bad. It's not the oil for me, it's the salt. Everything tastes bland and flat. If you find anything useful , post it. I'll do the same.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Is ETL low-salt or no-salt?

I read the book a while ago, and I like the diet. I just don't remember it being 'no-salt.'
Old 01-09-2015, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Is ETL low-salt or no-salt?

I read the book a while ago, and I like the diet. I just don't remember it being 'no-salt.'
It's no added salt - the idea being that there's enough salt in the food itself to meet requirements. According to JF, we are addi cted to salt, and it is causing major health issues. Bloody tough to cut out completely, though.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default aging of skin

I am reading the Eat to Live book. I have 10 pounds of excess weight that I lost and regained many times. So I am more into health and a long-term diet I can stay with.

I think I will have little problem staying with Eat to Live diet IF it works with me. However, a main concern of mine is that a very-low-fat diet is said to lead to accelerated aging of skin. I checked out Dr. Fuhrman's images online. He surely has a lot of wrinkles on his face. On the other hand, whether the diet ages his skin depends on his present age. If he is really advanced in years, then it cannot be said that the diet has accelerated his skin-aging. Does anyone know how old he is? Anyone recently saw him face-to-face? Does anyone have any comment on this issue?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by coolrain
I am reading the Eat to Live book. I have 10 pounds of excess weight that I lost and regained many times. So I am more into health and a long-term diet I can stay with.

I think I will have little problem staying with Eat to Live diet IF it works with me. However, a main concern of mine is that a very-low-fat diet is said to lead to accelerated aging of skin. I checked out Dr. Fuhrman's images online. He surely has a lot of wrinkles on his face. On the other hand, whether the diet ages his skin depends on his present age. If he is really advanced in years, then it cannot be said that the diet has accelerated his skin-aging. Does anyone know how old he is? Anyone recently saw him face-to-face? Does anyone have any comment on this issue?
I think that a skin aging will be your least problem if you don't deliver the amount of fat to your body. You should not be concerned that much of the quantity of fat, but make sure you get quality fats. For example - coconut oil and virgin vegetable oils. They wont get you any excess weight!

Last edited by cerberpeter; 01-12-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, except that we are discussing Eat to Live, which basically discourages any added fat/oil.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

His wrinkles could be the result of sun exposure - I don't know what his skin should look like.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I don't know what his skin should look like.
I assume a genuinely healthful diet should produce a youthful skin relative to the person's age.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

I think the key phrase there is 'relative to a person's age.' I'm skeptical that one can grow old without acquiring wrinkles!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

I have been following a nutritarian diet for a week now, and I am loving it!!

My biggest problem is not being able to eat a full 2 pounds of veggies/day. I get filled up quick, on less. I think this is ok as it should indicate that I am receiving what is needed?

I'm also breastfeeding a 9-month old baby. I haven't noticed any changes in her behavior or feeding habits. However, I add more nuts to my salads than recommended.

Being 5'8" and 124, I don't want to lose any weight - I am doing this for the benefits and lifestyle diet change.

The dressings are my favorite part about this plan!! They are what makes it doable for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.