Notices

chicken salad recipe

Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default chicken salad recipe

Does anyone know a good recipe for chicken salad?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Heya, this is what I do when I want chicken salad but don't want 300,000 calories to go with it:

- Bake boneless/skinless chicken breasts, let cool, then shred (I pull it apart with my fingers, but you could cut it up or whatever you'd like)
- Add onion, celery, peas, and/or whatever vegetables you'd like to throw in. Jalapenos can be tasty in there, too, if you like some heat.
- 1/4 C. light mayo (This is approximate; I typically use a less than this; it really does not take much to hold the salad together). The amount will vary, of course, depending on how much chicken you cooked.
- Seasonings to taste. I like paprika, salt, pepper, celery salt, and oregano.

I've never been disappointed when I made this, and it's way better for you than anything you'd find in a deli. Hope this helps.

Last edited by changeisgood29; 08-26-2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Clarified instructions. :)
Old 08-28-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you very much! It is appreciated!