Notices

Body building diet... any tips

Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Body building diet... any tips

Hey everyone, i just joined the site to keep track of my calories and such because its a pain to do it with paper and pencil. I am training for a body buidling competition coming here in september in pittsburgh, I need to lose another 15 lbs to get down to 180 for the competition. I currently weight 195lbs. Does anyone have anytips on a good body building diet with high protien, low low carbs, and low fat. Also I have to keep it around 1800 calories which is the tough part.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhansen6
Hey everyone, i just joined the site to keep track of my calories and such because its a pain to do it with paper and pencil. I am training for a body buidling competition coming here in september in pittsburgh, I need to lose another 15 lbs to get down to 180 for the competition. I currently weight 195lbs. Does anyone have anytips on a good body building diet with high protien, low low carbs, and low fat. Also I have to keep it around 1800 calories which is the tough part.
This may sound crazy... but if you are traning for a competition that's next month souldn't you already have your diet hashed out? You may want to try Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. they have good diet and contest prep information over there. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

The basics:

The Leangains Guide | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

It's not the easiest site to dig info from, but it's all there. Start with the guide and then search under "Categories".

Far and away, the easiest diet I've used.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

My advice: Don't do it.

I have heard countless stories of body builders who have gone hardcore and have been nothing but sick afterwards. Sick as in thyroid issues, kidney issues, etc, etc. They are they mucked up about food in general and develop an aversion and a misguided view of food and working out.

Check out the competitors from the CrossFit games and tell me that they aren't ripped--the do CrossFit and mostly eat a Paleo diet. Very doable and they are ripped, strong AND healthy.