Some help for a troubled guy?

Old 03-10-2015, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CameronPoe View Post
Hi everyone, I am Cameron, 21 and in university. I weigh about 79/80 KG and am 5" 11. For about 2-3 weeks I've been keeping to under 1000 calories a day (1-2 meals a day, no snacks, bar 3/4 exceptions), drinking lots of water and in the past 10 days have started walking 8-10 kilometres daily.

The problem is, I don't appear to be losing any weight whatsoever, every time I weigh myself it is on the 79/80 KG figure. I've followed pretty much all the advice the NHS and others recommend but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

I am desperate to lose weight as being overweight has a real impact on my self confidence and I just want to look good for myself. I feel once I see the weight coming off it will be much easier to keep up the momentum, as it stands I feel I am putting myself through all this( eating substantially less and far less enjoyable food than everyone around me) for little tangible gain.

Any advice/explanations you guys could give would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Cameron
Definitely not enough food! Not even close -- especially for your body type. Try lean meats, lots of veggies, tons of water, and eating 3-5 smaller meals per day.