The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Xoey
Hi everybody! I decided to get my feet wet and attempt a post. A little about me: I was thin until I got chronically ill at 32. I was put on steroids and antidepressants and gained over 100lbs in a year. Losing weight has always been ellusive to me. Having begun my life as a thin person I have spent a large amount of time hating myself and how I look since I got sick. I also wasn't accustomed to "watching what I ate". I resented it and became rebellious, only hurting myself and gaining more weight because of it. I've finally calmed down and I actually realize it will take me almost a year and a half to lose my weight and that I will be fighting this battle for the rest of my life. That is a tough pill to swallow for me. But here I am for better or worse. I have to admit I do need support...also hard for me to admit. So I came here because counting calories is the only way Ive had success in the past and it's cheap. Look forward to getting to know a few of you. I like the saying 1+1 eventually leads to one hundred or in my case 127.

Welcome! Come right in and stay awhile.

I know you can lose that weight, but you're going to have to commit to it. And, it sounds like you have--congratulations!

If there's anything we can do to help, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all, a couple a folks suggested I check out this thread. I am a 37 y/o female, 5'3" 229lbs.
I originally started over on this weight loss journey because I am going to be maid of honer in October. And I am just sick of being the biggest person in the room. I realize I probably won't reach my goal by then, but just to be a whole lot smaller would be awesome. My food goal is 1200-1400 calories a day, and 30 minutes exercise a day. As far as what I eat, if it does not have a nutritional value, then I don't eat it. No empty calories. And nothing white: sugar, potatoes, bread, pasta, rice. Only whole grains.

This seems to be a great place for that extra boost of motivation, when times get rough.

Start date: 1/3/11
Start weight: 240
Current weight: 229
Goal: 120 by 1/1/12

Last edited by williamscouple; 01-14-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

You will look great by Oct.! That's a great thing to use as a goal and it sounds like you have made all the right adjustments to your diet.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by williamscouple
Hi all, a couple a folks suggested I check out this thread. I am a 37 y/o female, 5'3" 229lbs.
I originally started over on this weight loss journey because I am going to be maid of honer in October. And I am just sick of being the biggest person in the room. I realize I probably won't reach my goal by then, but just to be a whole lot smaller would be awesome. My food goal is 1200-1400 calories a day, and 30 minutes exercise a day. As far as what I eat, if it does not have a nutritional value, then I don't eat it. No empty calories. And nothing white: sugar, potatoes, bread, pasta, rice. Only whole grains.

This seems to be a great place for that extra boost of motivation, when times get rough.

Start date: 1/3/11
Start weight: 240
Current weight: 229
Goal: 120 by 1/1/12
Welcome! Yes, that sounds like a great plan. I suspect you may have to stay on the low side of your calorie count eventually but at first you ought to lose pretty quickly. Especially if you kick up the exercise as best you can.

Right now after about 9 months on my plan I'm down to averaging about 10 pounds a month loss. Of course, I'm male, so we do tend to lose faster so YMMV considerably.

Drink your water, keep your simple carbs to a minimum, and go for it!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you. And yes you are right about the calories, I will have to drop them. But it's amazing how hard it is to eat a whole bunch of calories when you are eating the right stuff.
Most days I find myself lighter on calories than I allowed for. And Michael, you are doing fantastic!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jen, good to hear from you. Hey, all you can do is to do your best, and it sounds like you are. The church group sounds great--keep the faith!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Welcome! And yes, you've come to the right place. When I started back in May I was well over 400 pounds--last Saturday I was at 293. And if I can do that, I know you can too. So there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel!

You need to come up with an eating plan that you can stick to that provides you with a decent calorie deficeit per day. In other words, you need to burn more calories than you eat.

Eventually, when you're physically able, some form of exercise will help keep the weight coming off and help increase your metabolism.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael! I am working on my eating plan right now. I did my first workout today and I am exhausted but it also felt great. Congrats to you to for your current and future success. Take Care.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

SisterJen, I felt the same way about resolutions so I decided I would pick a few words that I would tell myself each day. This year is be "organized & disciplined" I figure if I do those two words in all aspects of my life that would take care of weight, work, and life in general. So far it's working. I chose Fitday to organize my food & activities (log feature), I write what I want to accomplish at work down on a piece of paper each morning and check it off as I do it, ( love those check marks) and try to be prepared for Sunday ( I'm the children's church leader) I have a plan of subjects and crafts almost for the whole year! ( with the help of a 12 yr old in the class) I made sure I just logged in Saturday's foods which I was afraid I was going to skip because on the weekends I probably won't get to be on the computer too much. Even though I'm not down as many pounds as I would like to be I am accomplishing other goals, so that's an improvement I can look at as well.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default a journey starts with a single step....

Good day my fitday friends,

Everyone seems do be doing great with their commitments to themselves this month. Congrats....I have purchased Fitday PC as an investment in me and love the program. The ability to put recipes in the custom foods is fabulous. My hubby and I are both now on the road to healthier people.

I am doing well with my mini-goals for January:
- Track food (15 days now and still going)
- Daily Activity ( 12/15 days)
- 8h sleep (14/15 days)
- Plan meals (actually doing this with my DH 15/15 days)

My challenge is in eating enough calories. I am aiming for about a 1000 daily calorie deficiet but averaging 1200-1400. I am eating lots of cabbage soup, and salads on weekends...fruits, yogurt and veggies during the week with a 500-600 cal dinner weeknights.

Well....one step at a time....clothes are fitting better, I can put my own socks on and I have more energy...

As I am using Fitday PC, I will be on-line less, but will check-in from time to time. Be kind to yourself, remember even an athlete takes a break in training...but they always go back...
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

Last night was my first real tempting day. We had company and I made one of my favorite desserts - first mistake! After dinner the drinks came out and I thought, I already really blew it with dessert, why not?? I ended up going over my calorie count hugely, but for the first time in a long time I let the day go and started over again.

Usually if I go 'off' and eating plan it is so hard to get back on track. That all or nothing thinking that I seem to have a tough time conquering. I'm happy to report that today I was back on track and all was good. Weigh in tomorrow... wish me luck!

Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263 lbs Jan 3/11Current weight 256 Jan 10/11
Pounds lost 7Next mini goal 249lbs by Feb 14/11
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k (5min run/2min walk intervals)
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.