Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by biggerbones
I stopped smoking 7 years ago and started eating instead. But figured if I could stop smoking, I should be able to control my eating as well. It's not been as easy as I thought. Everything tasted so good and I am an outstanding cook! LOL! I'm up to 268 and I feel awful. I need to lose 120 pounds to get into the BMI for my age and height. I want to be able to take a walk with my grandkids without gasping for breath. I'm going to do this one day at a time but my goal is 120 pounds gone by my youngest child's graduation from college..May 2013.
I've always felt that an addiction to food or overeating is probably the worst addiction one can have. One can quit tobacco, one can quit drugs, one can quit alcohol, but one cannot quit eating. Us folks with food addictions are sort of living like alcoholics who must have one drink daily, yet not go off the wagon--not an easy task!

But, with logging one's food and a desire to drop the weight (and maintain thereafter) it can be done and there are lots of folks here who have done it. Please stick around and let us know how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-13-2012, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Michael. You're absolutely right. Food is my addiction and my escape. I'm going to do this one day at a time and I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tentively putting my toe back in the water...

Hello.. I've been gone for far too long again and failing miserably too. *Hangs head in shame.*

It pains me to admit that starting from 298lbs, getting down to 223.5lbs, and then going back up to 290lbs. But I need to get it all out so I can get over it, put my chin up and start over.

I started over 4 weeks ago, and my current weight is 283lbs. I've set myself a very realistic goal of reaching 250lbs by my holiday abroad in September.

I think I did it all too fast the first time around and my head never really got a chance to catch up with my body. I was hungry all the time, and burnt myself out in the gym, going too often and getting bored of it prematurely. It's frustrating as I want to lose it quickly but I'm starting to believe that 'slow and steady wins the race'.

Can't promise I'll be here to post every day but I'm going to record my weight and measurements on here and celebrate any little success stories with you. I've already gotten over my fear of going back to the gym and letting my former trainers see me very heavy again, so that was part of the battle!

Have a nice, healthy day everyone.

Boo. <3
Old 02-23-2012, 06:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome back! A back-slide is NOTHING to be ashamed about--this is a life-long battle for some of us and the fact that you've come back is proof that you're serious about getting control of this problem. You are better than me--the last time I got out of control it took me eight years almost 300 pounds to finally make the committment again.

Now, I, too have struggled a bit this winter. The losses sort of stalled out and I hear ya' about being hungry--don't know that that's all about! Eating more, coupled with little to no exercise and too many spirits is not good.

Anyway, we both know what we need to do so let's get a handle on it on do it!

Regards,
Michael

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Hello.. I've been gone for far too long again and failing miserably too. *Hangs head in shame.*

It pains me to admit that starting from 298lbs, getting down to 223.5lbs, and then going back up to 290lbs. But I need to get it all out so I can get over it, put my chin up and start over.

I started over 4 weeks ago, and my current weight is 283lbs. I've set myself a very realistic goal of reaching 250lbs by my holiday abroad in September.

I think I did it all too fast the first time around and my head never really got a chance to catch up with my body. I was hungry all the time, and burnt myself out in the gym, going too often and getting bored of it prematurely. It's frustrating as I want to lose it quickly but I'm starting to believe that 'slow and steady wins the race'.

Can't promise I'll be here to post every day but I'm going to record my weight and measurements on here and celebrate any little success stories with you. I've already gotten over my fear of going back to the gym and letting my former trainers see me very heavy again, so that was part of the battle!

Have a nice, healthy day everyone.

Boo. <3
Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

I posted a return thread the other day but thought I would do the same here. Just to pop in and say hi. Glad to see some new faces, as well as some familiar ones since I stopped coming around the forums.

Just to reiterate on my current situation, I haven't lost any more weight since I've been gone, unfortunately. However I haven't really gained much either. I put on around ten pounds over about six months or so, but thankfully I'm back down now to about where I was when I left. I finally made the transition to a vegan, or at least mostly vegan, lifestyle, and I've been going strong with that for almost three months now. I feel healthier, and more energetic than I've felt in a long time.

It's good to be back.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default I finally got on the scale... It's official

I gained a ton of weight and I need to get my life back.

I just went through the break up of my life, stopped exercising and eating right, fell into a deep depression and gained 55 pounds in 5 months.

I'm in therapy, on anti-depressants and I quit drinking. And I am getting over the guy who shall remain nameless although not shameless.

I'm coming back and I'm gonna get my mojo on! I once weighed in at 275 and I lost it all and kept it off for the most part. But this latest dip... I dipped all the way. I haven't been 100 lbs. overweight for almost 2 decades.

I can do this.

I'm not giving up. I still have a lot of life to live and good days ahead!!!
Attached Images
Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by beautifultemple

I just went through the break up of my life, stopped exercising and eating right, fell into a deep depression and gained 55 pounds in 5 months.

I'm in therapy, on anti-depressants and I quit drinking. And I am getting over the guy who shall remain nameless although not shameless.

I'm coming back and I'm gonna get my mojo on! I once weighed in at 275 and I lost it all and kept it off for the most part. But this latest dip... I dipped all the way. I haven't been 100 lbs. overweight for almost 2 decades.

I can do this.

Cecila, welcome! Kudos to you for taking control before the problem got totally out of hand. I know you can get this extra 100 off fast--you know what you need to do, so let's do it!

Do let us know how things go and post up if you have any questions or problems.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-28-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by beautifultemple

I can do this.

Welcome Cecelia! It seems like you know what you need to do! So....Do It!! Easier said than done, I know. But you have a nice positive energy about you in the way you write. This site is a great place for accountability. I know if I post that I am going to do something, I really try my hardest to do it so that I can tell everyone that I achieved my goal.

Not to steal you from this thread but there is a great motivational thread in the women's only section too that you might want to check out.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Well sad to say I gained 2lbs last week and know exactly where too...
Good thing is that I'm starting my outdoor running again tomorrow. Out of all the exercise I do it's the one that really lifts my spirit.

Michael, it really is awful when you've worked so hard and find yourself almost back at the beginning again, isn't it? I've spent far too many hours crying and feeling sorry for myself since gaining the weight back, and also lying to myself that I'm happy in my current skin. I feel really stupid now!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Well sad to say I gained 2lbs last week and know exactly where too...
Good thing is that I'm starting my outdoor running again tomorrow. Out of all the exercise I do it's the one that really lifts my spirit.

Michael, it really is awful when you've worked so hard and find yourself almost back at the beginning again, isn't it? I've spent far too many hours crying and feeling sorry for myself since gaining the weight back, and also lying to myself that I'm happy in my current skin. I feel really stupid now!
Oh, it is, indeed! Having gone from well under 200 to well over 400 twice in my life, when I backslide, I BACKSLIDE!

And it is SO easy to do. After 10 days of vacaction, I am scared to step on the scale myself. I've been good all week, we'll see if that undoes the damage. It's very easy to eat/drink two, three, four or more times your calorie burn in one day but there's only so much of a deficit you can run per day. And getting back in control is hard, isn't it? At least I've logged (as much as I can remember) every miserable calorie and I think that is helpful. It's when we just throw in the towel, stop logging and slip back into our old habits that the major backslides happen.

But, we CAN do this! The alternative is not acceptable. If there is one lesson I've learned, it is that "all or nothing thinking" is the road to ruin. Just because we've put on a few (or more) pounds, eaten something that's not on our plan or got totally off the exercise regime (guilty!) is NO reason to pack it in and give up. We just need to start right back up and do what we need to do.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.