FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Cold...is it just me? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/972-cold-just-me.html)

desertmountain 04-29-2010 03:46 AM

Not to scare you, but I'd check with my doc if I were you. Before I got my blood sugar under control I would sometimes have blue tinged feet, blue nails, cold hands and I felt cold all the time. I haven't had it in a year, since I started losing weight, watching my diet, exercising etc & my blood sugar stabilized. I was hypoglycemic for decades. You might also have your doc check your thyroid since a hypothyroidism can cause that as well.

montanacricket 04-29-2010 04:32 AM

Thanks desertmountain, I was actually just recently in for my yearly checkup and bloodwork and all my numbers looked really good. I could only WISH that my weight was tied to thyroid issues!

cjohnson728 04-29-2010 09:17 AM

Another change...

Okay, this sounds really wacky, but my tailbone hurts frequently now! Did I lose fat from my tailbone?????

RunbikeSki 04-29-2010 10:40 AM

hmm Cassie, just don't know what to say to that one :p

cjohnson728 04-29-2010 10:50 AM

Maybe one of my exercises puts pressure on it, who knows?

Lizzycritter 04-29-2010 11:05 AM

Lack of padding in the rear would put more pressure on it too....:p

montanacricket 04-30-2010 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 9699)
Okay, this sounds really wacky, but my tailbone hurts frequently now! Did I lose fat from my tailbone?????

Okay, if that's wacky, then we'll be wacky together, because my tailbone has been bothering me the past couple of weeks too.

The only thing I can figure is that the exercises are putting pressure in that area, or that maybe the padding is starting to go away.

almeeker 04-30-2010 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 9699)

Years ago I lost 40 pounds going to one of those "centers", anyway one of the reasons that I quit going (besides the astronomical cost) was that I got bruises on my behind from sitting. Yes, that's right from sitting, I was a design student so I had to sit for hours at a time on a hard uncomfortable wooden stool. This time around I'm hoping to avoid that problem by working out in such a fashion as to build-up some good solid muscle on my fanny and to never ever sit on one of those horrible stools again. So IMO it could be from losing weight, all the same you might want to have it checked by your doctor. Are you doing any stretches? Whenever my back hurts I stretch 20-30min/day and do lots of sit ups, that seems to iron it out in a day or two.