Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/5/12

Old 11-08-2012, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here, I'm here, I promise!

So, goals:
1.) Drink 64 oz water/day: Okay, so... not doing great in the water department. Isn't that silly? It's like, how difficult is it to drink some water?! Apparently, REALLY, REALLY DIFFICULT!

2.) Go for 3 walks (or something more strenuous, but at least that): I have been forcing myself to walk to my car after work - it's about a mile, and I've done it every day this week so far, so I'm counting those as walks. Given the temperatures have been hovering in the upper 30's, it's quite invigorating!

3.) Start working on ASTRO 550 proposal: Not yet - needs to happen

4.) Write something (anything!) and decide plots for ASTRO 597 project: Had a good meeting with my research advisor, decided on what data/plots to include. I'm going to try to have an outline together by the end of the week.

Even though calories haven't been a goal this week, I'm not doing so hot. I'm trying not to stress about it. I mean, I just want to start back in small - drinking water, etc.

Sorry for the lack of replies to you all, I just wanted to get in a post before I went AWOL entirely...again.

Thinking of you, Hope!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Work has been feast or famine, and at the moment it is famine... such is the life of a contractor. So I have a couple of days off this week. Yesterday did lots of laundry. Today plan to hit the gym early and take the dog for a good walk. Go through the piles of stuff on the counter, and maybe take a nap

DS (age 3) was looking through the cupboards this morning and said he wanted a V8 for breakfast... uh sure! He drank 1/2 down at one time, then followed up with about 5 cherry tomatoes from the garden, half a tortilla and some cheese. I think we are headed for a big growth spurt!

I have a confession to make - I found a bag of mini marshmallows in the cupboard last night and had waaaay to many! I'll blame it on TOTM... needed some comfort food. I need to restock up on chocolate squares as it usually only takes just one of those to kick the after dinner sweet craving.

Plan to review my goals later this morning and get caught up!

Happy Thursday everyone! Ama
Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Wishing Hope, April(?), Lisa's mother and everyone else who has fibro, another illness or heartache a good day.

I started out really crabby this morning, having had only 3 1/2 hours sleep and then couldn't get back to sleep after a potty trip in the middle of the night. But then the contractor we hired to do some repair/remodeling/insulation work on the walls and ceilings in our kitchen called early this morning and asked if he could start the job a few days earlier than he promised. That made my day.

Haven't eaten breakfast and they're removing wallpaper, so I think I'll just quickly grab some low carb tortilla wrap fillings from the fridge and a cup of coffee from McDonald's.

I'll just eat the rest of the day as best I can.

Lisa, kudos on doing well with your meds!

Frenchhen, your power salad sounds yummy!

Joanna! Special huge cyberhug to ya! Glad to see you back.

Ama, kudos on your young son eating so healthfully at such a young age. Your story reminded me of when my daughter (now 35) was four years old and I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she replied "pork & beans and marshmallows!"
Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Tori--no using the 4 letter word. We've all gone off the bandwagon at one time just get back on and try again!
Joanna, I have the same problem. I even have water bottles in the fridge 500ml. How hard could it be to drink 4 of them during the course of the day. Oh yeah, I actually have to get them out!!
dmartz, good job!!

I love that Mike called us a dysfunctional family. Not feeling really supported by my Mom. Yesterday we had 2 different meals for dinner.
I was starving when I woke up this morning and realized most of my foods were veggies yesterday and I could've eaten more protein. Cereal and toast for breakfast, homemade chicken noodle soup and half a pita with hummus for lunch and stirfry for dinner. Hard to balance out low carb and protein!

Jenn
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes and then lots more!,
2. Exercise min 30 min M-F (weekend may involve staining the deck if it's warm & dry enough) M: 30min of cardio kickboxing followed by pilates stretching Woohoo!, T: Repeat of M , W: Ditto M&T,
3. Walk on lunch (remember this goal that I have abandoned) 3 times this week M: No, T: Yes, W: No, Th: No,
4. List everything here that I shouldn't have eaten but did anyway M: In white for those who don't want to see it...homemade brownies w/chocolate chips sprinkled on top topped off with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup....and shared a plate of cheese & crackers with hubby and ate way too manyT: repeat of M without the brownies & chocolate syrup but with cream cheese instead of cubed, W: pizzaburgers for dinner and ate too many but was good the rest of the night,
5. Weigh and post it M: Forgot to weigh, T: Forgot again, W: 240.6 , Th: 238.8?,

Life Goals ...
1. Be nice M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Listen M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Finish folding laundry before starting it again next weekend M: Not yet, T: Nope, W: all but the socks,

Again, not much time to post but I am trying to read along and did have to say Mern, I don't have fibro or anything else going on really. But thanks for thinking of me
Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

April - Nice life goals!

Jenn - Nice idea with the water bottles! I just went and filled up a 16oz bottle - goal is to refill it 3x more today to meet my goal!

Mern - Men removing wallpaper? Now that would make my day also!!! Cute story about your DD

Joanna - I think it is harder to drink lots of water when it is cold out… I have had trouble lately also. Yes, I would say that your walking to and from the car definitely counts!

Frenchhen - Yummy salad! Definitely gonna try the dressing recipe!

Lisa - Great job keeping up with the logging! I know you'll get those numbers to where you want them to be - keep up the great work!

Tori - You don't suck! You're awesome and you know it!

Hope - So glad you are feeling better today! I hope that respiratory thing does not take hold…!

Mike - Normal can be boring - It is more fun being dysfunctional!

Donna - Nice veggie intake - throw some nuts in and there ya go! I like the little bit of workout at a time philosophy. Time for me to go do some wall pushups!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 AM

April, great job on the water and exercise!

Ama, I remember those times. I knew it sure enough when the kids were about to shoot up by the amount they suddenly were eating. Nice that he's eating healthy things! Hoping your work picks up for you.

boji, curious to know what are the ASTRO project/proposal?

Hope, it looks like you did really good with your goals yesterday. Keep it up!

Mern, someone actually called and asked to start early rather that postpone? That's pretty amazing! Hope you get caught up on your sleep tonight and get well rested.

Someone said (sorry...can't find it again to see what said it) that dysfunctional families are more fun. I agree! Normal families are so boring. I'd much rather be dysfunctional. Never a dull moment!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, is that you? Welcome back!

Ama, thanks. I am taking Cold Eze (homeopathic zinc lozenges available in supermarkets and drug stores); I swear by them. And no I do not have stock in `em, not trying to spam you, just my remedy. That and tea and soup and trying to avoid the dairy.

Lisa, thanks for your encouragement. I am trying. But so are you, girl! And you're doing great.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

I've spent the day cleaning, web-surfing, making broccoli slaw, and home-made hamburger buns to go with the grass-fed beef patties I found at the store. I've never made burger buns before, and even though they have all that flour in them at least there are no preservatives - what is all that stuff in bread for anyway? It sure is fun just hanging out by myself for a few days while DH and DS are at work and school. Maybe I could start making bread for a living and do this more often .

Hope - I'll keep a look out for ColdEze. I'm sure we'll need them soon enough this cold n flu season. We have a really good natural foods store here, I bet they carry it if the groceries don't. Thanks!

Ama
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
Someone said (sorry...can't find it again to see what said it) that dysfunctional families are more fun. I agree! Normal families are so boring. I'd much rather be dysfunctional. Never a dull moment!
Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Mike - Normal can be boring - It is more fun being dysfunctional!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.