Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

TORI vs. MIKE GOALS:

1-post starting weight and make log public: (181.4) ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal
2-log everything: yes, yes, yes , no, yes
3-most amount of water: 67.6, 67.6, 16.9, 50.7, 67.6
4-most amount of fruits/veggies: 6, 4, 0, 0, 3
5-least amount of bread: 1, 0, 2.5, 5.5, 0
6-most miles walked: 0, 0, 3, 0, 0
7-lose 1.5% of starting weight: (-2.7#)

Tori Specific:
1-do NOT slack on paperwork: yes, yes, off, yes, no
DONE!2-get car taxes reduced for high mileage: wednesday
3-plan ahead all meals: yes, yes, yes, no,, yes
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Not in NOLA...in Charlotte!

I really want to go! Crossing my fingers we don't have a HS tourney that day.

Of course, Pam is going to blow the curve .

Today I worked at home, with a healthy dose of domesticity thrown in. The boy and I made healthy muffins with fresh blueberries, tried a new recipe for dinner and did some clothes shopping for school (tax free weekend here). I bought healthy groceries and generally just got caught up. I love days like this. Still gotta get my exercise in, though!

I'll probably put my weekend goals up as well tonight or in the AM. Hope you all are enjoying your Friday!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry - Charlotte is a wee bit closer than NOLA, but it'd still take a couple gallons more to get to than my gastank presently holds!

Numbers:
Calories: 1,351 Fats: 91.5 Carbs: 78.1 Proteins: 66.1

1) Post #'s daily Friday: yes
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week - keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K - Friday NO* but...
3) Keep calories under 1500 Friday: yes
4) Keep carbs under 90g Friday: yes
5) Take supplements Friday: yes

*Due to my back and walking with my friend and her dog, there was no running/sprinting - but we did add an additional good half mile to the 3.2m. :shrugs:

Well, got a retirement dinner tomorrow night, and a visit Sunday with my parents, which means food and wine both days. Who knows WHAT that'll do to my numbers come Monday (scale-wise)

Will try to pop in over the weekend when I get a minute (with Dh home, that means we'll be working most of tomorrow - can't always get online when he's cracking the whip!)

Good weekend all!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, I'm here. Exhausted, barely hanging on, but I'm here for a quick check in before bed.

1) Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 665
2) Get 3 workouts done. M-Y. T-N. W-Y. Th-Y. F-Y.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%. Yes, 32%. Just barely, but I made it.
4) Get to bed by 10:30. Its 10:30 right now. But its Friday right?

Other:
1) Finish cleaning out and scrubbing house. I didn't even see my house today, much less clean it. But John picked up the slack for me. Such a sweetie.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING! I got a sonic drink during happy hour today. Did everyone know that Unsweetened Peach tea has no calories? Unless you get a Route 44, then its 5 calories. I just found that out today.

Mern, thank you for all the low carb info/advice. I will definitely be using it!

Ok, I burned 805 calories walking today shopping with my sister and then RUNNING my butt off at work for 6 hours. I am DONE. Going to bed. Goodnight everyone! I hope to see you all in here this weekend, I don't wanna be all alone!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Hey T-dizzle, I thought you were putting my updates next to yours?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Had an "all green" day until after dinner, then blew it. Red due to overindulging on chicken thighs, sugar free imitation honey, and a mini tortilla shell snack my son made.

Exercise five days YES, YES, day off, YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, Maybe 48 oz. YES
Calorie limit 1500 1485, 1685, 1140, 1349, 1711
Eat clean YES, YES, YES, YES, mini tortilla shell snack
Total carbs less fiber limit 25g 21.2g, 22.8g, 24.8g, 22.6g, 28g
Fiber target average 25g 39g, 37g, 46g, 32.6g, 25g
Cholesterol average 250mg or less only 24mg, 129mg, 158g, 195mg, 369mg Average 175mg
Sat fat average 11% or less of total calories 4%, 9%. 3%, 18% 18g Average 10.4%
Protein average 120g 138g, 155g, 141g, almost at 118g BUT average is 138g, 141g

Last edited by Mern; 08-10-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for your encouragement on my exercise. So glad that after I exercise today I can take tomorrow off. You're doing great on your calories. What about your protein grams--is that high enough for you or is it just that low due to carb loading?

Edinburghgirl, your report this week is fantastic! I don't have the willpower to do just 1200 calories per day. I chose 1600 calories per day originally to make it a lifestyle, but then I decided I could make 1500 a lifestyle because of cutting my meat intake in half due to rising prices in the USA. (I can still reach my protein goal through egg substitute, my low carb whey protein shakes, Naturally More Peanut Butter, and black soy beans.) My weight loss will be slower than I want, but my doctor is OK with that--as long as I'm losing. I agree it's easy to get stuck in a rut in low carb. I saw a tip yesterday to try two new recipes or new foods per week to help avoid that. I've never tried the Atkins pasta. Does it taste like regular pasta? Do you have any low carb subs to share?

Tori, kudos on your logging lately. It's a pain in the butt to do that, I know. Also, congrats on eating more veggies and less bread yesterday.

Cassie, what a great day you had with "the boy." I love cooking with the kids. Wow, also great that you have a tax free weekend! So did you get YOUR exercise in yesterday?

Judi, great job yesterday! Hope your back is better soon. Great job on the additional 1/2 mile. Best wishes this weekend with your food in view of the retirement dinner and visit with your parents. I'm dreading the family reunion feast with my husband's family next week. I can be sure to take stuff that I can eat to stay on track, but it's so hard to stay on track because it's a reunion picnic with everyone bringing food to share at the buffet tables. Soooo much temptation. Wishing you a good weekend with minimal whip cracking.

Kayla, I have a 16 year old granddaughter named Kayla. Are your calories that low just to jumpstart your weight loss for a short time? You're doing great on your carb target and you're welcome for the low carb tips. I'm sure several here can add to those. Major kudos on all those calories burned! I totally suck compared to you--I only burn around 200 on average. Nice to have help with your housework. I didn't know that about the zero calorie Peach Tea. I was surprised that Burger King's Minutemaid lemonade is ZERO PERCENT JUICE so it's no better than soda pop! I'll be here throughout the weekend.

OK, I'm promising to be a Weekend Warrior. I'm off to eat breakfast and then can't get back on FitDay until I exercise. UGH--but then I will have reached my exercise goal for the week, so can take a day off tomorrow.

Last edited by Mern; 08-11-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, sadly, no. I started feeling bad after dinner and I kept thinking I'd get a second wind, but it never came so I...wait for it...went to bed early!

Kayla, I'll be here this weekend, too, in and out as usual; will be glad to chat with all of you who are here.

1. Calories below 1300. 1109, 1306-close enough, 1295, 1387, 1228
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes, Yes, Fair, Yes, Yes
3. 72 oz. fluid daily. 78, 76, 56, 56, 52
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes, I logged and posted, just didn't post what I logged till today, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, Pretty Good, Fair, Yes
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). 4, 3, 4.5, 3, 3.5
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Forgot the calcium, Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. 5.5 7, 6, 6, 6
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 30 min., 60 min., 30 min., 30 min.

More red than I want, but at least the food aspect is generally looking good and it's still better than I've been doing. Baby steps . Next week looks like a little bit of a work slowdown and the boy is back in school, so hopefully the sleep and exercise will fall into place slowly but surely.

Tennis tournament for my son starts at noon, but here are my specific weekend goals:

1. Re-pot new plant.
2. Scrub cat boxes.
3. Revise vita.
4. Prep for deposition Monday.
5. Go pick up the camera that flew out of my son's pocket on a roller coaster!
6. Exchange sizes on a few back to school items.

Would-like-to-but-dk-if-time goals:

a. Finish SK report.
b. Proof one postdoc report.
c. Parallel parking session with the boy.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey T-dizzle, I thought you were putting my updates next to yours?
have you done your update for Friday yet? When you get that done I will combine them into one report later today. I've barely remembered to do my own updates, much less take the time to combine them.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Exercise done! After I'm done posting I'm gonna shower, shave my legs, straighten the house, and then I don't know what after that.

Hi, Tori.

Cassie, I hope you're feeling better today. Sometimes our bodies are in more need of rest than exercise. You made a wise decision to listen to your body. You did a really good job all around this past week! Doesn't it suck, though, going to bed early and still getting only 6 hours of sleep? Sometimes I swear my body is just telling me I don't need as much sleep as most people, but then my big belly screams CORTISOL!!!! I love it when the kids are out of school for the summer, but am also looking forward to getting back to normal routine. Are you picking up the camera from lost and found or from a repair shop? Golly, you surely have a busy weekend planned! Looks like a lot of additional lifestyle calories will be burned.

Last edited by Mern; 08-11-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.