Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya? >

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Community
Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1600 calories or less - 1124
2) move - walking
3) 64oz water + - ?
4) 20% protein - 19%
5) vitamins - yes
6) take deep breaths, step away when needed - yes

7) post one good thing that happened every day - had a nice walk with the kiddo getting groceries
Old 07-17-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Whew - what a miserable day! The temps got into the mid to upper 90's, and the humidity was sick. Really didn't accomplish much - got 5 lbs of beans picked & bagged in the fridge, and made up 3+ quarts of yogurt. Probably sweated out several pints just sitting here at the computer.

Did manage to get some meditation/quiet time in - sitting in a/c . Numbers were ok - tried something different for breakfast. I made hash browns with jicama - 10g carbs, 43 cals in 4 ounces. I fried it in a bit of butter with a couple tablespoons grated onion. Fried egg topper - yum!

Cals: 1,326 Fat: 74.4g Carbs: 73.5g Protein: 97.7g

Back on the road tomorrow - hope the temps stay cool 'til I get home!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, you certainly do deserve time off for R&R--you EARNED it for SURE! Kudos on your goal achievements today. I love zucchini bread but zucchini is borderline high carb for me and I would not be able to resist eating half a loaf one one sitting. So what are you going to do to celebrate your birthday on the 19th? Is part of your birthday celebration the trip to Mackinaw or is that just regular vacation?
How did you remember that my birthday was the 19th?? LOL

I LOVE zucchini bread and I'm with you... I can eat half a loaf in one sitting! Luckily, I avoided temptation and resisted baking tonight. (Maybe tomorrow though... )

I'm actually postponing my birthday because I have to be in Mackinaw to drop off my daughter early the next day. It was just coincidence that the race is going to be the same weekend as well, so I'd really enjoy seeing my nephew as he sails into port. It's kind of a beautiful thing to see that my dad's love of racing schooners is being passed on to the next generation. (My daughter spent a few weeks last summer as a crew member on one, as well.) No, it's not a vacation... that will be my backpacking/climbing trip this fall in The Smokies. I use to go every year in June and rent a cabin in the mountains, but have been unable to do so for the past 3 years because of my mom's situation. Trying to convince myself that it's "ok" to resume, as the area that I enjoy is remote and electronic communication is limited (...very much on purpose). It's kind of a "Walden" week for me; turning off the electronics and taking in the mountains. I have always promised myself that I would make the trip in the fall to hike the range during fall colors and this just might be my year.

Last edited by quinnesec; 07-17-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, that trip sounds like heaven! The Smokies in the fall ! Just be sure to bring a camera with lots of space for lots of pix, and bear repellent spray!

::sighs with a tinge of envy::
Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by judipurple
Quinn, that trip sounds like heaven! The Smokies in the fall ! Just be sure to bring a camera with lots of space for lots of pix, and bear repellent spray!

::sighs with a tinge of envy::
Lol.... No bear don't bother me. Last summer, a mom and two cubs took my bird feeder 5 feet away from my kitchen window. In fact, I think I was posting my day on here when it happened! Spring is a lot more dangerous when cubs are toddling around. As long as I don't pack my backpack full of food, or hang doughnuts around my neck, (...as tempting as that sounds!) I should be fine.

Cougar (Mountain Lions) actually scare me more. There was an incident at a waterfall a few weeks after I left last time (...exactly where I had hiked into). But the woman was kind of dumb and was there just before dark when cats like to hunt and their prey go to the falls to drink. People stop at the falls to take pictures, cool off and rest before the last 4 miles out to the road. I had been there two weeks prior, and foolishly just before dark as well, because the hike back out took much longer than we anticipated. I had an awful feeling, like we were being watched, and we ran a lot of the way out to avoid being caught in the dark. It was really thickly wooded and we were only equipped for daylight. When I returned home, we saw the report on CNN about the woman being attacked. It was kind of creepy so I usually try to end my hikes much earlier now.

Last edited by quinnesec; 07-18-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, oh, that backpacking trip in the Smokies does sound lovely, especially in the fall colors! But Mackinaw even for a day sounds great, too.

Last year when someone in this group mentioned his/her birthday I wrote it down on a list.

Anyone on my list: please correct me if I have your date wrong
Anyone NOT: I'd welcome your posting your birthday

FitDay Motivational group birthdays I have:

Mai (lastri) March 15
Nobe March 19
WeightlossBoo March 23
Darlene (Darn) March 28
Mike May 9
April May 23
Terri (Taubele)July 15
Quinn July 19
Pam (Run/Bike/Ski) July 28
Mary Kumochi is in August but I don't know the day
Cassie October 11
Zyxst (hasn't post with us for quite a while) also Oct 11
Joanna (bojibridge) October 19
Amy (Almeeker) October 25
Old 07-18-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

OK I will start:
1) Explore gentle yoga or mellow exercise class (new goal!) or walk or gym (old goal) at least 3x: went to the gym and actually worked up a sweat, been researching gently yoga classes in my area, no
2) meditate 20 minutes per day (newish) and one hour on Sat (new goal): outside on my porch, so good, no
3) avoid sugar, it is NOT your friend: despite temptation yes, yes4) write 500 "real" work daily: yes, yes
5) one hour writing daily: yes and I rejoined the writing class I had dropped, no but I was in class so I did writing related stuff for 3 hours
6) fruits and veg: 6 or more, no
7) water yourself : 9 cups, yes 10 cups at least
8) if you cannot do it with a giving heart, don't do it: hmmmmmm, working on it, yes
9) take supplements: yes, yes
10) stretch: yes, yes

97degress out and a bad fibro flare yesterday. Was supposed ot meet a friend down by the river by we had a phone convo instead. Rejoined my writing group, was very welcomed, got a lot of support and encouragement, almost like being here.

Quinn, happy birthday in advance. Your trip sounds so exciting.

Mern, you are amazing at remembering birthdays. Those muffins sound soooo good.

Judi, you are a canning/picking/food prep wonder. So great to have healthy food like that.

I have not been able to keep on a healthy diet plan lately. But the meditating (did it this morning) is amazing. And I do just feel calmer and more centered. I love to exercise and am hoping that it is not what is bringing on the fibro flare.

It's so muggy today, wanted to take a walk but yeeech. Maybe will do a mellow gym/ stretch thing.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. Gallon of water M-F and 100oz S&S M: 144oz, T: 160oz,
2. Walk on lunch 4 out of 5 days unless raining M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Exercise before work 3 times minimum M: No, T: No, W: Yes,
4. 5 fruits & veggies (maybe not servings just 5 different ones) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. Weigh and post it starting Sunday to show my sodium gain for Monday Sunday: 234.0, M: 236.4lbs, T: 235.2lbs, W: 236.6lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Laundry M: No, T: No, W: Yes,
2. Ummmm IDK

I'm still kind of in a funk today. A little better but feel like a fool now. This morning I walked down to the other building at work. Wearing about 3-1/2 inch heels. Well until I got down there my sciatic nerve was starting to tingle down my left leg. I ignored it and kept going. Did what I needed to (wasn't work related hehe) and started back up through the parking lot. About 2/3 of the way back to my office I started noticing my left foot feeling weak and wobbly when I would step on it and next thing I knew I was on hands & knees in the parking lot. Scurried back up quickly and within about 5 steps did it again. My left ankle just laid over to the side and wouldn't support me. I have never had this happen before and I guess the moral of the story is that I shouldn't try to walk 1/4 mile in 3-1/2" heels anymore.

Sorry that I haven't kept up with the thread this week guys. I will try to do better the rest of the week.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, when's your birthday? My memory isn't all that great--I have a list. See the post below yours. I was posting it as you were typing your post.

Great job on all the green in your report. rejoining that class drinking all that water, avoiding sugar So glad the meditation is helping you. It's horribly muggy here, tooour thermometer says only 83 right now but it feels more like 90.

I haven't been able to keep up with our group. I'm going to log everything but just post my reports in words this week.

Tuesday:
Calories, fiber, dietary cholesterol, and water all GREEN
Sat Fat 12% instead of 11
Net carbs 27g instead of 25
Protein 102g instead of 120
No exercise
Old 07-18-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

April, kudos on your report for yesterday. And a huge ouchie! on your sciatic nerve and bent over ankle! Is it sprained? So sorry you're having such a hard time and are still in the funk. Life just isn't easy sometimes, but tomorrow may be a brighter day. Big hug to ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.