Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya? >

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Community
Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
April, kudos on your report for yesterday. And a huge ouchie! on your sciatic nerve and bent over ankle! Is it sprained? So sorry you're having such a hard time and are still in the funk. Life just isn't easy sometimes, but tomorrow may be a brighter day. Big hug to ya!
Nope, it's not sprained. Doesn't even hurt. It just gave out...twice! I do have a nice scrape on my right knee and a knot with a bruise on my right wrist. I don't want to file a report at work about it so I'm waiting until tomorrow to see how everything feels. My ego is more bruised than anything! I just hate the thought of wearing skirts or shorts with a banged up knee!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

April, glad your ankle is not sprained. Sorry about your scrape and bruise, though.

Judi, picking 5 lbs. of beans is a lot of work. I've never made yogurt but I hear it's easy. Your jicama hash browns sound yummy. I think people make hash browns with zucchini, too. I never could eat potatoes for breakfast--just not appealing to me, but this morning for breakfast I ate cold leftover fish with Old Bay seasoning and chili powder. I can't imagine those being appealing to anyone besides me, though.

Nobe, your report yesterday was great.

I'm headed for the thrift store. Somehow a screw (maybe one of DH's that was loose. ) got into the washer and tore holes in three of my "around the house and gym" T-shirts. I don't want to invest in brand new ones since I'm trying to lose weight. Hope to catch you all later tonight.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec

I'm actually postponing my birthday because I have to be in Mackinaw to drop off my daughter early the next day.

POSTPONING?

Last edited by Mern; 07-18-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

POSTPONING?

Haha! Now, I said postponing... not cancelling!! We are going to have lunch with daughter, new roommate and new roommate's parents and then, after we get her unloaded and situated, we may have dinner on the island. Just kind of playing it by ear.

It's not unusual for us to postpone things because of scheduling issues. My husband and I postponed our 20th anniversary for a year because of a family emergency! lol
Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Well, Quinn, whenever and however you celebrate

Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, when's your birthday? My memory isn't all that great--I have a list. See the post below yours. I was posting it as you were typing your post.

Great job on all the green in your report. rejoining that class drinking all that water, avoiding sugar So glad the meditation is helping you. It's horribly muggy here, tooour thermometer says only 83 right now but it feels more like 90.

I haven't been able to keep up with our group. I'm going to log everything but just post my reports in words this week.

Tuesday:
Calories, fiber, dietary cholesterol, and water all GREEN
Sat Fat 12% instead of 11
Net carbs 27g instead of 25
Protein 102g instead of 120
No exercise
April 26th; when is yours?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Hope. I added you to my list

My month is July: birthday on the 6th, anniversary of the day DH and I met on the 18th (43 years today) and our 41st wedding anniversary on the 24th.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'm doing well today but no exercise again. It's so freakin' hot here--again over 100 with the heat index--that I can't stand the thought of breaking into a sweat even from just exercising in my air conditioned living room. Yeah, I know it's an excuse, but I just can't bring myself to do it when the weather is hot and humid. Went out to the store and felt half sick just from walking to and from the car a couple hundred feet.

Last edited by Mern; 07-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tuesday

Health/Fitness
1: Log everything-yes, yes
2: No more than 1400 calories/day-2122, 1276
3: At least 64 oz water daily, more is better!-67.6, 33.8
4: P90X daily (except rest day on Sunday)-Kenpo, no..left DVDs at WHN's house with laptop
5: Don't stress about the scale!-eeehhhhh, yes
6: 4000 deficit-(650), (721)

Home/Life
DONE!1: DISHES!! There are lots of them, they need washing
DONE!2: Dr's appointment Tuesday
3: Eye appointment Wednesday
4: Take trash to the trash dump (silly I know, but I HATE doing it and it piles up on me)
5: Destress as much as possible!-yes, yes

Tuesday was decent, much better than Monday. Gonna have to change my 7000 deficit to 4000, I CAN do 7000 when food and exercise is on point, this week it hasn't been though. Will update Wednesday later
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mern--I'm going to let you take a guess at my birfday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.