Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya? >

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Community
Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
where at on the SC coast? if you say Myrtle Beach I may gag. it's "the" beach in SC, and being a SC native I hate it. It's way too touristy. I prefer Charleston and the islands.
Charleston (Chawlstun ) is one of my favorite places in the entire country! The food is incredible! The people were so nice but it was a nail-biter to drive to the Market area! Still haven't been back to see the new bridge, but it looks amazing.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

My situation in white: I now weigh 141. Yup I gained 8 pounds. Got up at 7 but could not go to the outdoor yoga due to bad back/fibro and the effects of the meds I'm taking. I wish I could exercise; I REALLY miss it but every time I do, I seem to have a fibro flare. DD is leaving in 3 weeks and I am a nervous wreck. This is not a rant, not sure what it is. A report from the frontlines maybe. I keep trying to fight but it gets hard. I'm tired.

And you?

Last edited by canary52; 07-22-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

1) Explore gentle yoga or mellow exercise class (new goal!) or walk or gym (old goal) at least 3x:M: went to the gym and actually worked up a sweat, been researching gently yoga classes in my area, T: no -fibro, W: no- bad back,Th: No, fibro bad back, F: went for acupuncture, can't do it
2) meditate 20 minutes per day (newish) and one hour on Sat (new goal): outside on my porch, so good, no, yes, no, no, one hour
3) avoid sugar, it is NOT your friend: despite temptation yes, yes, chips with some sugar in em, yes, no -drank some lemonade; little lemonade oh and a donut and a cookie, oops
4) write 500 "real" work daily: yes, yes, yes, yes, no, not "real" stuff - tried
5) one hour writing daily: yes and I rejoined the writing class I had dropped, no but I was in class so I did writing related stuff for 3 hours, [color="seagreen"]yes[/COLOR, yes] meh 6) fruits and veg: 6 or more, no, no, yes, yes, yes
7) water yourself : 9 cups, yes 10 cups at least, yes 8, yes, yes, yes
8) if you cannot do it with a giving heart, don't do it: hmmmmmm, working on it, yes, yes I gave up my writing day and an acupuncture appointment to spend time with DD - gladly (though now my back does hurt, it was worth it.) yes, meh, did OK I guess
9) take supplements: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
10) stretch: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
The food is incredible!
Really? When are you going to pay me a visit?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

where at on the SC coast? if you say Myrtle Beach I may gag.
That's so funny, Tori! Actually, yes it was Myrtle Beach - but we spent more time inland. We went to an amazing horticultural park one day, headed in to Santee-Cooper lakes another day to get some fishing done...we had a boat and guide reserved, but never made it - we hit a deer in the middle of butt-f*ck nowhere, doing close to 60 mph (the truck, not the deer)! We limped to a tiny gas station/convenience store at the next intersection - 5 miles down! No houses, nothing for miles! We managed to get a tow 50 miles to the closest Nissan dealer to get it fixed. Let's just say, it was a trip to SC I will never forget!

Now, onto Saturday's #'s:

Cals: 1,586 Fats: 87.8g Carbs: 77.3g Protein: 126.8g

Spent the day getting chores done, moving more mulch, picking *more* beans (another 5#) and cukes. Did get some meditation time in - on the rope hammock - where one of the cats jumped up and spent some time trying to untie the knots...guess everybody's gotta have a hobby!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

where at on the SC coast? if you say Myrtle Beach I may gag. it's "the" beach in SC, and being a SC native I hate it. It's way too touristy. I prefer Charleston and the islands.
We've done Myrtle twice, going with friends both times. I loved the ocean and that was about it. Growing up going to MD beaches, Destin and the gulf coast didn't have enough wave action for me, but the water up north was too chilly. Been to the Pacific, too, and could take or leave it.

We just did Hilton Head for the first time ever last week and it was gorgeous (and also the boy's first try driving on the interstate!!). I would like to try Kiawah, too. We tacked on a few days in Savannah; next time we head that way, Charleston is going to be the add-on . Hubby loves, loves, loves history, so we always throw in a little of that on our vacations. Unfortunately we usually find that a few days aren't enough and have to go back .

Mike, your pictures are amazing...thank you for sharing them. Do you ever print them and use them in your home or office?

Hope, hang in there lady. I am also fighting a battle to scramble back to the gains (or losses, as the case may be) I had made over the past couple years and I am tired of not being able to sustain good habits; things have been so erratic. Take care of yourself, do what you can, and keep coming back.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hope, hang in there lady. I am also fighting a battle to scramble back to the gains (or losses, as the case may be) I had made over the past couple years and I am tired of not being able to sustain good habits; things have been so erratic. Take care of yourself, do what you can, and keep coming back.
Thank you. I appreciate your encouragement. I can relate to what you are saying; it sucks not being able to sustain the good stuff.

And I certainly don't want to be a Debbie Downer. I'm not even depressed exactly, just kind of tired.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by judipurple
Let's just say, it was a trip to SC I will never forget!
hahaha, yeah, you get outside of any "main" road and you're in the middle of nowhere. Whenever me and my friends would go down there (I live in the area of SC known as the "upstate"..upstate ain't just for New York) we always took the back roads through all the little towns. I have many of those "a trip we'll never forget" moments. Most of the involve underage drinking

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
We've done Myrtle twice, going with friends both times. I loved the ocean and that was about it. Growing up going to MD beaches, Destin and the gulf coast didn't have enough wave action for me, but the water up north was too chilly. Been to the Pacific, too, and could take or leave it.

We just did Hilton Head for the first time ever last week and it was gorgeous (and also the boy's first try driving on the interstate!!). I would like to try Kiawah, too. We tacked on a few days in Savannah; next time we head that way, Charleston is going to be the add-on . Hubby loves, loves, loves history, so we always throw in a little of that on our vacations. Unfortunately we usually find that a few days aren't enough and have to go back
Myrtle is very much for the young and stupid. If you choose to go toward that area again, stay in one of the "campgrounds". There are a lot of really nice houses for rent (that I could NEVER afford, we always stay in the "trailers" at the campground). North Myrtle is really nice (sepreate city from MB) and isn't as busy, yet close enough to all the "action" that is MB.

I've never been to HH, but hear the golf is AMAZING! I've been to Kiawah once, but my absolute FAVE of the islands is Seabrook. I felt like a Clampett when we were driving onto the island. It's absolutely stunning!! There are no houses or lights on the beach. My favorite time to go down to the beach was at night, especially during a New Moon, there are more stars than you can imagine. And if you happen to go to the beach at night and the moon is full, the water is unbelievably beautiful. The first time I went down there, I walked the 1/4 mile from the house, hit the sand and thought 'well, I hear the ocean but don't see it. I'll walk over this dune and it'll be right there.' (it was night, so I didn't know exactly how far it would be). I walked over that dune and....NO WATER. Again, I could hear it, but not see it. I walked over another dune, and then what seemed like ages before my toes ever hit the water. MB doesn't have "beach" like that. It's super quiet and not busy there either. Last trip down there we went for Labor Day Weekend and there may have been 4 other families on the beach that Saturday around noon. There were sea turtles nesting, people riding horses, and just undeniable BEAUTY! If you ever get the chance, DEF hit up Seabrook!! It's also close enough to Charleston that you could make the trip to the mainland for a day of sight seeing, or two days. I'm also a big history buff, so that's my favorite part of the trip. See the sights of Charleston, go to the market, sample LOTS of food, and make sure you take lots of pics! Even plan a trip to Fort Sumter, you know us Southerners, we gotta keep our relics from the War of Northern Aggression for all to see
Originally Posted by quinnesec
Charleston (Chawlstun ) is one of my favorite places in the entire country! The food is incredible! The people were so nice but it was a nail-biter to drive to the Market area!
Chahhhhhlstun (as said by those who live there, the R is most definitely silent) is gorgeous! Too much history and beauty to take in. The food is devine, and there's just never enough time to take it all in. The city, not the food....haha! The new bridge is pretty cool!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Really? When are you going to pay me a visit?
I miss NOLA. Haven't been there in years. It's definitely on my list of places that I want to return to. I also had to cancel a backpacking trip to Costa Rica last year and that is on my list, as well. The Smokies trip is a mini version of that trip because I'm worried about leaving the country and having something break loose here and having to quickly return. I'll be in Tennessee soon and I'll wave from the top of The Smokies... maybe you'll see me! lol
Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Cate, so sorry to hear you are a fellow sufferer. What crap do you cut out of your diet? What kind of diet? Low carb? Also are you on any meds or special treatments? Sorry for the third degree but I am curious.
Hope, I am doing the Atkins diet. Low carb all the way. I have discovered if I go over about 40 net carbs/day I may or may not gain, but I definitely maintain at that level (need to be <25 to lose). I have cut out all wheat, yeast, pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, corn, and while on induction not even any fruit (which I miss big time). I have to say though, after only about 24 hours I started to feel so much better and my blood sugar stabilized at a near-normal 6.0 for the first time in years. The diabetes was the main reason for doing low carb, but I think my fibro has improved a little. I used to go swimming in a warm pool - special aqua fit for fibro with lots of walking and stretching exercises in the water. Can't afford it anymore and the classes are during the day when I am working, but if you can find a warm pool (the one I went to was about 82F) you should think about giving it a try. I tried a couple of other pools but they were too cold and would cause flare ups so I stay away from them now.

Other fibro stuff in white: I also have chronic pain from an injury - the fibro came after. I do take meds - hydromorphine contin (slow release) for the pain and amytriptylene (Elavil) for the nerve pain in my leg. I don't want to go on anything else - these meds don't get rid of the pain, but they do make it so I can function, at least most days. I know there are drugs like Lyrica which are supposed to be good for fibro but IMO they are 'designer' drugs and very expensive even with a plan, and as I said the two I have already I need so another one for me, probably not good.
Here's my stats for today:
<1400 calories: M: 1523; T: 1455; W: 1412; T: 1519; F: 1299; S: 1384; 1451
Net Carbs < 20: M: 57.3; T: 31.6; W: 28.9; T: 18.0; F: 15.8; S: 19.7; S: 18.7
Water >64(oz): M: +50; T: +50; W: 50; T: 45; F: 60; S: 50; S: 70
exercise: M: 1st day back @ work after holidays; T: yes walking!; W: no, busy busy day @ work; T: no; F: no; S: some gardening; S: no, too hot, sick dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.