Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
amylee, kick kick boot to the butt. Now get your lazy butt out of bed 30 minutes early and let Jillian M. kick your fat fanny into shape. There, did that help? The other thing I would say is that working out first thing in the morning wakes me up better than espresso. It also helps me feel more evened out all day long, I'm not quite so prone to mood swings and stress.

I've done the first workout on that DVD 5-6 times now. At first my legs hurt, but the last couple of times it's been my arms. I'm not someone that does push-ups if I can help it. But I just keep thinking that the less I weigh the easier it should be to do them. I'm still doing the "easy" girly version, but maybe tomorrow morning I'll attempt a full one. We'll see.

I have a ton of advice on chocolate. In the morning I put 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein powder in my coffee along with a splash of skim milk (DH and I call it "muscle mocha"). It's a nice fat boost of protein first thing in the morning and it's perfect after a workout. For me it takes the bite out of the all day chocolate craving. For really bad days I have a stash of individually wrapped chocolates, Kisses, Dove squares, etc. I let myself have just one, and let it melt very slowly. I also make myself drink 24 ounces of water at the same time, hoping to get that "full" feeling. Other sources of chocolate I use when the need arises: chocolate pudding cups 60 calories, Fudgesicles 60 calories, homemade fudgesicles (using milk & chocolate protein powder) 80 calories tons of protein, individually wrapped peppermint patties, chocolate protein bars and sugar-free hot chocolate.

Great job on the weight loss, 39 pounds is about the same as my 3 year old weighs, and she's a chunk.

Speedyfair, sooooo pumped for you girlfriend!!!! Maybe by the end of the week you'll be looking at that new decade. Awesome!
Do tell more about this coffee and protein power? how much do you use for those homemade protein fudgicles? that sounds great frot he choloclate advice. I am addicted to chocloate. I always say that I am allergic to chocolcate because it makes my hips and butt bigger lmao.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is having a successful and fun week.

Sorry that I've been MIA ever since the dreadful weekend - record lows along with hail, snow, storms & hard freezes kept me busy 3 days trying to invent ways to protect my plants. Fortunately I still have quite a few in the 'greenhouse' & others hardening off to replace the dead ones. The weird thing is that now we're breaking records for all time highs, back to back record breaking weather. Global warming and El Nino, jeez give a girl a break. Anyways I've been trying to get everything back into shape and re-planted. I should be done by the end of the weekend if the weather stays nice. I'm totally wiped out---beat to the point of being a walking zombie.
We went out for dinner & I caved when I saw the gourmet cookies -I ate 5. Found out afterward that they were 250 cal EACH - holy guano batman! I'm still Zig zagging & making up for it with lean protein (I still see more, lots more, steamed fish with veggies in my future...gag me with a fish fork). Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles over my way.
I'm going back to catch up on all the posts now - cu later.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for the welcome!

Wow, the first week is always the hardest for me. I have walked a mile the past four days after not really moving much except for maybe one trip to Walmart a week for the past year. My feet are covered in blisters but I hobbled up and down the hills anyway and hope to see it continue paying off. I have lost 7 pounds this week but I have lost over a hundred pounds 3x in my life (I'm 38) and I know it's pretty much just water weight...but I plan to hang in there and this time it's strictly eating right (salad only at the moment) and exercise. No shakes, no pills, no nothing. It helps that me and my daughter are working out together and also that we eat together. Helps to have someone to be accountable to I think.

As far as exercise videos, I enjoy the Just My Size yoga video and it makes you stretch out and work up a sweat with no impact. It makes you feel good and relaxed.

Tara
Start Weight: 326 326
End Weight: 199 318.8
Total Weight Loss: 127 7.2
Weight Loss Per Week: 3.64 0.21
Old 05-06-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by andbeyond
New today. I've been watching the site for a few days, getting myself in the mindset to start. I watched Parenthood last night (love the show). A mother told her adult daughter "You can't succeed if you never start." That hit home for me. I planned out my meals last night and followed them to a tea today. I even took my kids for ice cream (red flag food for me) and resisted! I didn't get in any exercise and am feeling guilty about it. Did I really not have time or did I make up excuses? I'll figure that out in time.

Just want to say that you are all inspiring. I'm excited to start the journey with you all. If anyone can recommend some good exercise DVD's for beginners I'd love to hear from you!
That took me time too...With 2 kids, a huge yard (dh doesn't do much yardwork) and a full time job, I've always felt that MY exercise takes a back seat.

I finally bit the bullet and decided that since I can't seem to do it in the evening and can't sleep if I do it too late in the evening anyway, I have to--simply HAVE to--get up earlier.

I'm almost done with week 4 of getting up between 4:30 and 4:45 a.m. and walking and lifting weights for a total of an hour.

You CAN find a time that works for you! You CAN!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Do tell more about this coffee and protein power? how much do you use for those homemade protein fudgicles? that sounds great frot he choloclate advice. I am addicted to chocloate. I always say that I am allergic to chocolcate because it makes my hips and butt bigger lmao.
I wish I was allergic to chocolate, but nope I'm allergic to lemons. Do you know how many diet recipes start or end with lemon? Most of them, which is why I'm a fat girl.

Okay on to the muscle mocha: 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, stir, top off cup with coffee (I think my cup is like 16 ounces), you can add a packet or two of artificial sweetener, but I'm trying to wean myself off that part. I use a product called Spiru-Tein. It comes in a ton of flavors, I'm going to try vanilla next. I buy it at the local health food grocery, but I think you can get protein powder almost anywhere this time of year. I like that particular brand because it's only 96 calories for an entire scoop, it's sugar-free and it actually tastes okay. When I make my own fudgesicles, I just make the recipe like it's written, 1 scoop + 1 cup of skim milk, stir and then pour it into a freezer pop mold I bought at the dollar store.

Originally Posted by desertmountain
Sorry that I've been MIA ever since the dreadful weekend - record lows along with hail, snow, storms & hard freezes kept me busy 3 days trying to invent ways to protect my plants. Fortunately I still have quite a few in the 'greenhouse' & others hardening off to replace the dead ones. The weird thing is that now we're breaking records for all time highs, back to back record breaking weather. Global warming and El Nino, jeez give a girl a break. Anyways I've been trying to get everything back into shape and re-planted. I should be done by the end of the weekend if the weather stays nice. I'm totally wiped out---beat to the point of being a walking zombie.
We went out for dinner & I caved when I saw the gourmet cookies -I ate 5. Found out afterward that they were 250 cal EACH - holy guano batman! I'm still Zig zagging & making up for it with lean protein (I still see more, lots more, steamed fish with veggies in my future...gag me with a fish fork).
Oh dm, I feel your pain. Yesterday I made 2 pans of cookies, just the ones you make from store bought dough. I ate 1/2 of one, without even realizing that I had put it in my mouth. I swear it was a good thing I had 8 kids here or I would have eaten the whole package. Geez, fresh baked cookies are the worst. So I'll be having salad again for lunch today, yummmmmm (not).

Originally Posted by midnightsmistress71
Wow, the first week is always the hardest for me. I have walked a mile the past four days after not really moving much except for maybe one trip to Walmart a week for the past year. My feet are covered in blisters but I hobbled up and down the hills anyway and hope to see it continue paying off. I have lost 7 pounds this week but I have lost over a hundred pounds 3x in my life (I'm 38) and I know it's pretty much just water weight...but I plan to hang in there and this time it's strictly eating right (salad only at the moment) and exercise. No shakes, no pills, no nothing. It helps that me and my daughter are working out together and also that we eat together. Helps to have someone to be accountable to I think.

As far as exercise videos, I enjoy the Just My Size yoga video and it makes you stretch out and work up a sweat with no impact. It makes you feel good and relaxed.
Sorry to hear your feet are taking such a beating. Last night I watched this thing about some aboriginal South American runners. Apparently the entire tribe runs, and they have endurance like the Energizer Bunny. Get this, they run barefoot or in homemade shoes. So this morning I ran in my socks on the elliptical to see if I could go further. Um nope. Congrats on the 7 pounds, what I wouldn't give to have a week like that again!!! Having a diet buddy would be great. I have a couple of friends that are dieting too, but we're all doing something different and so far we don't work out together or anything. We just get together every now and then and eat salad. I'll have to check out that video, it sounds about my speed.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

TGIF Ladies!

Almeeker - your fudgesicles sound awesome! I'm going to have to try that. Has anyone here tried Jillian's whey protein - is it any good?

Midnight - 7 pounds is awesome, water weight or not! Just think of it this way..it's 7 pounds you'll never have to lose again, right?

Montana - I envy your morning exercise. It sounds like our schedules are about the same (work, kids, house) and I can't ever seem to find the time. I need to think about you when the alarm goes off at 4:45 and stop resetting it for 5:30!

I had an ok day yesterday. I had an evening meeting that was about 90 minutes away, so I knew that if I wanted dinner, I'd have to eat in the car. So I planned to stop at a Subway along the way, but I never saw one where I was going. I ended up stopping at Jimmy John's, which isn't the healthiest but better than McDonald's. I had them go light on the mayo, pile on the veggies, and no cheese. I got a bag of "skinny chips", noticed that there were 2 servings in the bag, and only ate half the bag - wow, I DO have self-control after all! When I got home and went onto their website to look up nutrition info, they have a really cool "meal planner" on their website that allows you to build your sandwich and your meal and then it spits out the nutrition info. The meal only ended up being about 700 calories, which still put me within my calorie intake for the day (on the higher end of the range, but still!). Felt awesome that I could make healthy choices. But no movement on scale yet this week.... Gotta make sure to stay on track this weekend!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

No I haven't tried Jillian's whey powder. The Spiru-Tein is soy and seaweed based, my dd uses it too, and she has cow's milk issues so I specifically looked for dairy-free product. She used to have wheat issues and the Spiru-Tein is also gluten-free so it appealed to me on both fronts.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

The end of Week 4 for me. I successfully got my 5 days in this week, with 2 days being 30 minute walks and 30 minutes of weight training, the other three days were 60 minute walks. My speed is improving (I have short legs, 3 mph is moving really fast for me!).

Best news is even with my period getting ready to start, I got on the scale AFTER my morning shake, and after my water during my 60 minutes on the treadmill and with a full head of wet hair after my shower, and I finally lost my 10th pound!!! I'm at 270 this morning, and will weigh again tomorrow to see what the real loss has been. *sigh* This was the hardest pound so far. I was so HUNGRY and COLD all week and just couldn't seem to feel satisfied. I stayed below 1800 calories every day, and most were at 1300-1400 calories, but I was just miserable (ask my kids and spouse, they'll tell you...).

[QUOTE=egmdobbs;10250]
Montana - I envy your morning exercise. It sounds like our schedules are about the same (work, kids, house) and I can't ever seem to find the time. I need to think about you when the alarm goes off at 4:45 and stop resetting it for 5:30!

QUOTE]

Thanks...it's take me this long to get it going, but at 4 weeks, I really hope that I'm now on the way to making it a habit. In that 4 weeks, the alarm only went off once, it's set for 4:45. But I have usually woken up at 4:30 and just got up. It's a struggle some days, and I'm TIRED today, but I do get to sleep in (probably til 6 since my body clock is resetting) tomorrow!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

TGIF everyone,,,
Dh left today for a two week trip so I havnt been on here much getting him ready. I will be back either tonight or tomrrow to catch up!!
Waving hi to all the new people!! Glad you could join us@
Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
The end of Week 4 for me. I successfully got my 5 days in this week, with 2 days being 30 minute walks and 30 minutes of weight training, the other three days were 60 minute walks. My speed is improving (I have short legs, 3 mph is moving really fast for me!).

Best news is even with my period getting ready to start, I got on the scale AFTER my morning shake, and after my water during my 60 minutes on the treadmill and with a full head of wet hair after my shower, and I finally lost my 10th pound!!! I'm at 270 this morning, and will weigh again tomorrow to see what the real loss has been. *sigh* This was the hardest pound so far. I was so HUNGRY and COLD all week and just couldn't seem to feel satisfied. I stayed below 1800 calories every day, and most were at 1300-1400 calories, but I was just miserable (ask my kids and spouse, they'll tell you...).
You go girlfriend!!! Very very proud of you today. I can't wait to see how you do next week after Aunt Flo visits, you'll probably drop like a stone for a week straight! I think hungry and cold go with the territory. I'm so pumped for summer to get rolling so that I don't have to wear layer upon layer anymore. Grouchy is also part and parcel of this journey, but I have to say I've been at this 4 months and I'm less grouchy than I was in the beginning. For the first 6-8 weeks I had to end every other sentence with "please forgive me, I'm dieting". But I'm less grouchy now, or maybe I'm just so used to being grouchy that I don't give it a second thought. I hear you on the short legs too. I mean seriously how many people do you know that have to run full out when the tread reads 4.0 mph?

Keep it up, you're on the right track. None of it's easy, but you're worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.