Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Soooo, I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making homemade wheat bread, which blew 2 of my goals!
Gah, and I pulled a loaf of wheat/rye out of the freezer yesterday and that's what started my path to perdition! There should be a law or something!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Just finished at the gym. Did 1.7 miles.... On a stair master.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

It can't be monday again?! I'll be missing the next 3 weeks. Going to Cuba and will have limited internet access and too many temptations. I promise to swim everyday, eat good foods, walk all over Havana. I may actually do better than I have the past month. I need a change of attitude and motivation. Mary
Old 01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mary, have fun there! We'll be here when you get back.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

I've had a really great day--weather is mild, had good exercise, good food, stuck to my goals, easy dinner and DH did the cleanup, caught up with my posting and immensely enjoyed interacting with you all today. I am not an exercise fan, but I am looking forward to trying the new treadmills at the Y tomorrow with more program options. They were all in use today so I had to use an old one. After this post, I'm logging off, will watch some TV and maybe even go to bed early.

Mary, have a wonderful time. Is this trip a vacation? OMG, I hear the Cuban cuisine is really yummy.

Mike, kudos on 1.7 miles on a stair master! Are your thighs, calves, or back sore? I'd be sweating buckets after a quarter of a mile!

Darlene, on your hike--OMG! That had to be really, really scary! So glad you made it back OK. That wasn't an easy walk at all--I'll bet you burned a whole lot more calories than you suspect, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it again! This group is certainly amazing, attracting people who are truly into motivation and support--and those things aren't restricted to food. It's nice to be able to talk about other things in our lives that are so important to us and to get support (and prayers from those so inclined) there, too. I mostly just bake my chicken with a spritz of PAM or olive oil, salt, and pepper--not very inventive, but I don't really tire of it, either.

Leslie, there are different opinions on water, but a nurse told me our bodies don't care where the water comes from--it can also be in the form of flavored water or decaf tea, water that is added to make protein shakes, etc.

I use Morton Lite Salt and a product called NoSalt--not NuSalt which tastes terrible to me. The NoSalt, is great in recipes and in meats that I cook in the crockpot. But in pasta water or in soups, it takes on sort of a metallic flavor which I intensely dislike. I buy low sodium deli meats whenever possible.

Ladies, I got a chuckle out of your replies, too, about the whip. Thanks for that--nice to end my day on a light note.

Cassie, that crockpot shredded chicken sounds easy and delicious. I may try that soon. Thanks!

Pam, as well as you've been doing, there's certainly wrong with using last week's goals. You don't need to change what works.

Quinn, well congrats on the water, vitamins, and veggies! At least it was more healthful wheat bread--not banana bread or plain white. So give yourself a pat on the back and freeze some of the bread so you don't eat it up all at once. Also, kudos for tightening up your goals when you're just five pounds above maintenance. I wanna be like YOU when I grow up!

fit4luv, "The more I fill up on the good stuff, the less of bad stuff goes in. It helps me to think what MORE can I do/have, then the idea of deprivation does not take as much root." Wow, you've really got a handle on healthful eating! Being a low-carber, I am 100% behind your opinion on filling up with low carb veggies. You can certainly eat a larger volume of food when you cut out all the white veggies (except cauliflower which is fantastic AND low carb). Being a veggie lover really helps. We're lucky when it comes to that--not as easy for picky eaters.

Last edited by Mern; 01-23-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Y'all re some crazy women!

Mern, I wasn't sore at all but I was sweating like a wh... (you know) in church.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I wasn't sore at all
Give it 24-48 hrs. Good job, though.

Mary, have a wonderful trip .
Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

another newbie here. perhaps checking in here will help motivate me and keep me on track since. My job has me on the road all day so i don't drink enough water because then i have to find a restroom and it gets rather inconvenient. But I know the lack of water is hindering my progress.

Fitness/health
1) Drink more water
2) weight training 5 x week
3) cardio 5-7 week
4) 1500 calorie max

Life
1) Positive affirmations and attitude i.e. i want to go to the gym not i have to
2) actually go to my root canal scheduled for tomorrow
3) keep up with the daily paperwork from my job
4) wash the car
Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Give it 24-48 hrs. Good job, though.

Mary, have a wonderful trip .
I'd be shocked of I'm sore, besides I only did it for 30 mins. I do squats every week and walking long and fast is never an issue, besides me being lazy.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm not real sure why I have been so hungry today. But it has been ALL. DAY. LONG. I went over my calories today, but I don't really care. Otherwise it was a really good day. One of the guys at work made the comment that he likes "happy Tori rather than pissy Tori".

Funny story from work this morning--I woke up early and did all the normal things I do before work. I had some time to kill, so I made sure the car was heated up, played with the cat for a few extra minutes and then was out the door. So, I get to work and I'm doing my morning walk through the store when, for the life of me I can't remember if I brushed my teeth. How does one forget to brush their teeth??? I didn't have "stank breath" but thought I should be better safe than sorry so I bought a new TB and some TP (which I've needed anyway). It's a good thing I work in grocery, otherwise I would have had to leave work, find a store, etc etc etc.....

Health/Fitness
1--under 1300 calories--the year Columbus sailed the ocean blue....1492
2--drink more water--not setting an actual goal for oz, seems to get me frazzled if I don't make it. So I'm just gonna say, drink more water.--almost through with 48 oz. Might not make it tonight, but closer than last week.
3--walk at least 10 miles--now that I've strapped on my "walking shoes" I'm kinda liking it. Gives me time to think (scary huh??? )--rained. all. day.
4--work out 4 times--I'm gonna hit this goal this week if it KILLS ME!!!--took the day off
5--another 2??? Starting weight Monday morning--215.6

Life/Home
1--clean out home office--Wednesday
2--get by WalMart and buy cables to hook up DVD player--tomorrow after work
3--stop worrying about it. It's gonna happen whether I want it to or not--eeehhhh, I took a 2 hour nap where I didn't think about or worry about it at all.
4--call Dr. about blood work and asthma meds--Wednesday
5--scout out a new eye dr.--don't ya love when the insurance stops paying for you to see the same dr. you've seen for 7 years!!! And he was cute....sigh, stupid insurance--Wednesday
6--research hotels for Mardi Gras.....otherwise we might be asking if we can sleep in someone's recently cleaned out garage
7--4 random acts of kindness. I like this goal, had to steal it--does being polite to the worthless manager count? no?? well, still 4 more to go then.

I'm going back to bed now. Will check back in in the morning. Nighty Night!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-23-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.