Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-28-2012, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
I was still in pre-school...
now I feel old. thanks.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Friday Check In

Morning everyone, pretty good day yesterday, and I lost another lb this morning so I'm happy about that! Nothing special going on today, just work, so food is already logged for the day. Here are my stats from yesterday,

1200-1400 cals M-1220, T-1156, W-1230, Th-1246, F-1230
80 oz water M-80 oz, T-80 oz W-64 oz, Th-80 oz F- 64 oz
Treadmill T-W-F-Su M-off day, T-45 min W-No, Th-Off day F-35 min
5000 steps on off days M-4895, W-4189 Th-3186
8000 on TM days T-4989 F-5238
Post here Every Day! M-Done!, T-Done! W-Done Th-Done! F-Done

I forgot my pedometer today, so I won't be able to log steps for today, but I'll still try to get up and move as much as possible. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Julie
Old 01-28-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

I wonder how many calories shivering burns. I did plenty of it last night. I took my daughter to a concert, and we left almost as soon as I got home from work. I didn't have time to eat anything. Once we got there at 6:00, we found out they weren't opening the doors until 7:30. We thought about getting some food then, but we were close enough to the front of a rapidly growing line that we didn't want to chance it by making a food run. So we stood in line shivering for an hour and a half. It was the under 21 line because I was with my daughter. Apparently the 21 and over line started inside the building, but DD and I were in it together.

Eventually we got inside. It was a great show, but very crowded and no opportunity to eat or drink anything. We got back to the car at almost 11:30. We had talked about getting something to eat afterwards, but by then we were both more tired than hungry. My back, my knee, and my feet were aching from all the standing. The good news is that I wasn't one of the girls in the 4 inch spike heels.

So yeah, HUGE calorie deficit yesterday because by the time I drove an hour home, I was ready to just fall into bed. Of course this morning my mother brought my son home and walks in with a box of Dunkin' Donuts. I must have given her dirty look because she said "They are for the kids. I didn't eat one and neither will you."

I think I am going to take the dog for a nice long walk today since it is looking like a very nice day out. I'll try to figure out the app on my phone that is supposed to clock the miles for me.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

This has to serve as my best effort to get caught up with the group. Have to get to the gym and get some other obligations taken care of. If anyone asked me a question or said something to which you are expecting a reply and it's not below, please let me know and I promise to address it.

Darlene, thanks for your congrats on DH's heart testing. We're pretty sure the "irregularities" on the initial EKG was just a glitch on the machine. Aw, sorry you didn't get that job you wanted, but at least it was nice of them to let you know. A lot of companies just leave applicants hanging. Maybe there's something even better just around the corner. Fabulous job on your food and fitness goals all week!

Cassie, thanks for your congrats. I wish you and your DH and son a wonderful weekend, too. Wonderful news on your bookings. That has to eliminate some stress for you. You've done a great job on your food and fitness goals all week.

Mike, kudos on the miles. Sorry, I couldn't help chuckling over your shoe accident. You are having a really great week on goals--best I've seen you have in a long time. "Counting" is serving you well! Oh, there's nothing you have to catch up on with me. No need to go back and read previous posts of mine. Here's all you need to know to catch up with me: I'm just doing well, off my weight loss plateau, and have been busy family and household errands, and the irregularites on DH's routine EKG appear to be just a glitch on the test because he passed further tests with flying colors.

Quinn, OMG, kudos on your DD's winning competitions, competing in more, and being eligible for merit awards. I am so inclined and will continue to send up prayers for help with college expenses. Had to giggle over the things teenagers do to drive us nuts. I don't have any trouble with live-in GD using my stuff--she buys her own toiletries (old fashioned word?) and stuff, but she's going to a local college and before she graduates from high school I need to teach her how to put a new roll of toilet tissue on the dispenser for the next person. Kudos on your staying legal on date night except for the few butter mints. (OMG I love those!) That's wonderful that you've figured out the way to get back on the wagon is in steps instead of trying to do it all at once. Ooh, I hate exercising in the cold. Do you have ways to exercise in the house if necessary--like a treadmill or DVDs or anything if you really don't want to go out? I couldn't help but giggle over your freezing your wet hands to the doorknob, either. If I'd done that myself I probably would have laughed myself silly.

Tori, congrats on your really good day on your goals yesterday.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Julie, congrats on another pound lost and on pre-logging your food. You have so much of which to be proud in your Check In! Way to go!

Kay, I'm glad you and DD enjoyed the concert despite the hunger and cold. Oh, man, Dunkin' Donuts are sooooo hard for me to resist, especially the ones filled with Boston Cream. Lucky there's not one really close to me. Enjoy your walk wit the dog.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'm determined to be a weekend warrior all through the weekend! Sadly, I just made two kinds of banana bread and the smell is soooo tempting . However, they're both on the healthy side, just a bit caloric due to the (monounsaturated) fats, so I logged in the food for the day and compensated in order to have a taste of both. Hubby and I have tickets to a play tonight, so that will be a couple hours at least that I won't be thinking about food, and I'm taking the boy driving today so I will probably be too preoccupied to eat much this afternoon . Enjoy a lovely Saturday, everyone!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Ahhhh I need to get outside and walk, but I'm so sleepy. It's a beautiful day in SC and I'm just not motivated. I think I'll take a nap and then wrestle Jas into her carrier and go get her nails done (finally). When I get back from that I am supposed to call my cousin to see if she wants to log some miles. If so, I'll get some in with her and then finish up on my own tonight. I am DE-TERM-INED to get 10 more in before tomorrow is through. Hope all my other warriors are doing well and staying strong. Will check back in later tonight
Old 01-28-2012, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie Thanks I do know the right job is out there. I think the problem with this one was I truly motivate through positive feedback I believe everyone wants to be successful at work and given the right tools can be and his response was that most people just come to work and want their day over with so they can go home and if you don’t stay on top of people attitudes work won’t get done, so really a different mindset on how we see people.

Tori and Mh In the 90’s I was chasing around kids like you and now I feel old.

Kay Who did you go see in concert?

Mern Thanks for the kudos on the good week I am just trying to keep up with you.

Cassie I am with you on the weekend warrior goal I had 2 glasses of wine last night with my chicken dinner but managed to keep calories under 1500 I really want to keep the loss going and its always the weekends that I get lax with my eating.

I am off to go grocery shopping and after that to get hubby and dd Chinese food for dinner they wanted a treat and I do not like it which makes it a perfect choice I can have the leftover chicken from yesterday and my food should be well in control today. I just ate some yogurt and berries so I won't be tempted by the yummy sweet things in the grocery store. I hope you all have a great Saturday.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Y'all are seriously cracking me up . Busy day here in sunny SoCal so I'll have to add comments later - but whew at least I am caught up as of 1:45 PST.

Keep it up, laughing burns calories!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, thanks for getting me caught up. Glad to here that DH's test turned out okay.

Tori, you should feel old. Oh BTW I just picked up a king cake. I'll post pics later.

Cassie, I'll be a weekend warrior with you. I'm resting today, maybe that'll give Tori a chance to catch up on miles (hey that sounds like a random act of kindness, doesn't it?).

Been super busy but did get to sleep late. It's got back from Walmart, we had to "make groceries" as some (not me) say it down here. I just got through snapping a pot of snap beans and now it's time to chill. Haven't eaten much but didn't log anything.

I'll try to check in later, maybe by then Tori would have put in some miles in her quest to take down Pimp Daddy. Sing it ladies...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.