Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-27-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hmm, could that be karma for wakin' up mh?
Indeed.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, if it were that could, my ass would be inside by a warm fire.
That's been my problem! I can't get my butt outside on the trails this year. Last year at this time, I was out every day. I just have to pull up my big girl panties and bundle up, that's all!

Winters can be a little hazardous up here. There have been times that I've been doing dishes and run quickly out to the garage with damp hands to take the garbage out and freeze my fingers to the door knob...
Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--under 1300 calories--the year Columbus sailed the ocean blue....1492, 1098, 1302 I'm countin it!, 1015, 1204
2--drink more water--not setting an actual goal for oz, seems to get me frazzled if I don't make it. So I'm just gonna say, drink more water.--almost through with 48 oz. Might not make it tonight, but closer than last week, pretty much the same. downed a liter while walking though, another liter while walking. Maybe tomorrow I'll carry 2 bottles with me!not sure if I even DRANK water today...oh yeah I did. At lunch and at my bro's, not sure how much though--oh yeahhhh, 66 oz today!!!
3--walk at least 10 miles--now that I've strapped on my "walking shoes" I'm kinda liking it. Gives me time to think (scary huh??? )--rained. all. day., 2.06, 3.01 which is a cool 5.07 so far for the week! I SSOOO got this one!--I saw some animals pairing up and looking for the ark--5.04 for the day!
4--work out 4 times--I'm gonna hit this goal this week if it KILLS ME!!!--took the day off, nooooo, ummmmmmm I'm gonna knock this one out the next 4 days! sometimes even the best laid plans don't work. by the time I got the DVD player hooked up it was 11:00 and I HAVE to get some sleep tonight. If I work out now I'll be up til 3!! I'll get up early in the morning and knock one out--SCREW IT, I GOT GOADED INTO EXTRA WALKIN
5--another 2??? Starting weight Monday morning--215.6, up exactly a pound this morning at 216.6, back down *yay* weighed in at 214.2 this morning **WHOOP WHOOP**, 214.6 so a little up from yesterday but still down for the week, 213.2 (is what it said this morning, this evening it was 213.0 but i go by morning numbers)

Life/Home
1--clean out home office--EEEEHHHHH who needs a cleaned and straightened home office??
DONE!!2--get by WalMart and buy cables to hook up DVD player--DONE
3--stop worrying about it. It's gonna happen whether I want it to or not--eeehhhh, I took a 2 hour nap where I didn't think about or worry about it at all, tried my best, thought about then went walking and thought about it some more. finally made a decision about it, second guessing my decision (sometimes I hate being a Libra)--sticking with decision #1 and moving next month
4--call Dr. about blood work and asthma meds--MUST. DO. THIS. BEFORE MEDS RUN OUT!!!
5--scout out a new eye dr.--don't ya love when the insurance stops paying for you to see the same dr. you've seen for 7 years!!! And he was cute....sigh, stupid insurance--I don't WANNA new doctor!!!
6--research hotels for Mardi Gras.....otherwise we might be asking if we can sleep in someone's recently cleaned out garage , really started to look haven't settled on anything yet, looked at a few today (thanks for the info Mike) and one is ruled out because they don't have any rooms with 2 double beds, the other two are up for consideration, settling on something this weekend
7--4 random acts of kindness. I like this goal, had to steal it--does being polite to the worthless manager count? no?? well, still 4 more to go then., I didn't kill the grouchy old man who was wandering through my stock room yelling at ME because he couldn't find the squash. THAT'S an act of kindness, I cooked for my Momma and Daddy, I so totally held the door open for this little old couple at Subway, nuttin today

It was a really good day! Even got an extra walk in today. I looked a fool crawlin under the fence to get that walk in, but I did it!!!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
My rant for the week.

I was heading back from my 5.57 mile walk with Chloe' and I had to pee soooo much it was killing me. I found a little dark spot to duck in to and I started to pee. I had the leash around my wrist. For some crazy reason Chloe' went to walk off and the leash pulled my hand and I ended up pissing all over my shoe! I ended up having to finish my walk with a pissy foot!
hehehehehe reason number 517 to own a cat, they're usually small enough not to overpower you while you're takin a piss break on your walk. Unless you got a bobcat or sumthin, and that would be pretty cool!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

I was just looking up recipes for King Cake and I'm confused. Some are filled with cinnamon and sugar, some with cream cheese and some with almond paste... what's the traditional filling?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Worried you wouldn't be able to keep up?
Not at all, I rarely lose a bet but I won't take a bet unless it's something I can control. If you want to do a week, yes. Just let me know when and what's in it for me.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I was just looking up recipes for King Cake and I'm confused. Some are filled with cinnamon and sugar, some with cream cheese and some with almond paste... what's the traditional filling?
Traditional is cinnamon. The best is a combo of a fruit filling and cream cheese, like strawberry and cream cheese.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012

hehehehehe reason number 517 to own a cat, they're usually small enough not to overpower you while you're takin a piss break on your walk. Unless you got a bobcat or sumthin, and that would be pretty cool!
it's a lot easier to walk a dog than a cat.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Mern I am very happy hubby passed his test with flying colors!

I would really like it if you guys could send some of that good luck my way! I just got news on the job I have been interviewing for and I didn’t get it but they thought my passion for people and positive attitude was refreshing, WHAT so I was too nice and happy for you is that what you are saying, Oh well I guess its back to searching for a job.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I just did a google image search of king cakes and i must say that 99% of them are imposters. Those look like crap. Tori what do you think?king cake - Google Search
Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n
Mern I am very happy hubby passed his test with flying colors!

I would really like it if you guys could send some of that good luck my way! I just got news on the job I have been interviewing for and I didn’t get it but they thought my passion for people and positive attitude was refreshing, WHAT so I was too nice and happy for you is that what you are saying, Oh well I guess its back to searching for a job.
Quinn and Mern, I've been so busy this week, I've missed what's been going on in y'all lives. I'll have to catch up tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.