Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
you just had to put in the extra 0.12 miles to pull into the lead huh???
What's wrong, the rain have you cooped up? What happened to...
It's just now started to rain, but dammit, I won't let anyone get the best of me.

I guess we can say that mine is .12 bigger.

BTW I posted the route on FB, I'm sure Cassie will vouch for me.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--under 1300 calories--the year Columbus sailed the ocean blue....1492, 1098, 1302 I'm countin it!, 1015
2--drink more water--not setting an actual goal for oz, seems to get me frazzled if I don't make it. So I'm just gonna say, drink more water.--almost through with 48 oz. Might not make it tonight, but closer than last week, pretty much the same. downed a liter while walking though, another liter while walking. Maybe tomorrow I'll carry 2 bottles with me!not sure if I even DRANK water today...oh yeah I did. At lunch and at my bro's, not sure how much though
3--walk at least 10 miles--now that I've strapped on my "walking shoes" I'm kinda liking it. Gives me time to think (scary huh??? )--rained. all. day., 2.06, 3.01 which is a cool 5.07 so far for the week! I SSOOO got this one!--I saw some animals pairing up and looking for the ark
4--work out 4 times--I'm gonna hit this goal this week if it KILLS ME!!!--took the day off, nooooo, ummmmmmm I'm gonna knock this one out the next 4 days! sometimes even the best laid plans don't work. by the time I got the DVD player hooked up it was 11:00 and I HAVE to get some sleep tonight. If I work out now I'll be up til 3!! I'll get up early in the morning and knock one out
5--another 2??? Starting weight Monday morning--215.6, up exactly a pound this morning at 216.6, back down *yay* weighed in at 214.2 this morning **WHOOP WHOOP**, 214.6 so a little up from yesterday but still down for the week

Life/Home
1--clean out home office--EEEEHHHHH who needs a cleaned and straightened home office??
DONE!!2--get by WalMart and buy cables to hook up DVD player--DONE
3--stop worrying about it. It's gonna happen whether I want it to or not--eeehhhh, I took a 2 hour nap where I didn't think about or worry about it at all, tried my best, thought about then went walking and thought about it some more. finally made a decision about it, second guessing my decision (sometimes I hate being a Libra)
4--call Dr. about blood work and asthma meds--MUST. DO. THIS. BEFORE MEDS RUN OUT!!!
5--scout out a new eye dr.--don't ya love when the insurance stops paying for you to see the same dr. you've seen for 7 years!!! And he was cute....sigh, stupid insurance--I don't WANNA new doctor!!!
6--research hotels for Mardi Gras.....otherwise we might be asking if we can sleep in someone's recently cleaned out garage , really started to look haven't settled on anything yet, looked at a few today (thanks for the info Mike) and one is ruled out because they don't have any rooms with 2 double beds, the other two are up for consideration, settling on something this weekend
7--4 random acts of kindness. I like this goal, had to steal it--does being polite to the worthless manager count? no?? well, still 4 more to go then., I didn't kill the grouchy old man who was wandering through my stock room yelling at ME because he couldn't find the squash. THAT'S an act of kindness, I cooked for my Momma and Daddy, I so totally held the door open for this little old couple at Subway

Had a good time at my brother's. Spent some quality time with my SIL and the kiddos, and their poor little epileptic doggie. He's the UGLIEST dog ever, but he's a sweetheart!!! Going to TRY and get some sleep tonight. Maybe it'll work, who knows!!

Mike-good job on the miles!! I swear I had planned on walking and was even on the porch when the Heavens opened up and the Lord said "LET IT RAIN!!!" And it did! And still is......

NIGHT ALL!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

The rain DOES have me cooped up. I can walk in a light shower, but I couldn't see the road!! There's wind and rain, and possibilities of tornadic activity tonight!! I ain't walkin in that!!

And where are you posting this crap to FB? Am I missin sumthin?

And no vouching Cassie! I have to see it to believe it

G'night!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

So need to get some more mile done tonight, but then again I could always walk tomorrow. It's not supposed to rain until next week, so I'll just wait. For now I'm gonna enjoy some time with the nieces and nephew. SIL's bday was yesterday. (oops I forgot)
6--research hotels for Mardi Gras.....otherwise we might be asking if we can sleep in someone's recently cleaned out garage , really started to look haven't settled on anything yet, looked at a few today (thanks for the info Mike) and one is ruled out because they don't have any rooms with 2 double beds, the other two are up for consideration, settling on something this weekend

Mike-good job on the miles!! I swear I had planned on walking and was even on the porch when the Heavens opened up and the Lord said "LET IT RAIN!!!" And it did! And still is......

NIGHT ALL!!!!!!
I missed your #6 goal until now. LOL

The rain DOES have me cooped up. I can walk in a light shower, but I couldn't see the road!! There's wind and rain, and possibilities of tornadic activity tonight!! I ain't walkin in that!!
Oh wait, what was it again that you said??
It's not supposed to rain until next week, so I'll just wait.
Ahh yeah, that's it.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

He most certainly did. And if I can please get the mental picture of calipers measuring to a degree of hundredths out of my head, that would be lovely, thanks.

My report today is poor. I had a back to back day at work, didn't have lunch till 2, and by the time I got home for dinner, I had eaten less than 400 calories for the day, and getting too hungry is an old trap for me. Had a quick dinner, bolted out the door for open house at school, and came back absolutely starving. The bad news? I ate more than I should have. The good news? I logged everything and stopped before a complete and total disaster. Both of those things are different for me, so I'm trying to take the positive out of it and I'll go lighter the next few days to compensate. Really, I'll be as good as gold .

1. 1350 calories max. 896, 1368, 1326, 1772
2. Exercise 6 times. One, Two
3. At least 2 sports bottles water. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, but lots of herbal tea
4. Log everything and post that number! Yes, Pretty sure I left out some cough drops,, Yes, Yes
5. No treats masquerading as snacks, even if they fit the numbers (thanks, Mern!). None, 2 peppermints and some (organic ) cinnamon cereal, None, homemade granola bar and Annie's Organic Bunnies

Life:
1. Organize/put away items in guest room. Put away but I may rearrange
2. Stay on schedule with work reports. Yes, Nope, but beyond my control, Still catching up
3. Research and order faucets. Not yet
4. Write card for pediatrician. Not yet
5. Be patient, be patient, be patient. So far, so good! Immensely, don't know where it came from, Yes, One teensy, weensy bit of frustration right before sending the boy off to bed; his OCD was showing...AGAIN

Night, all. Tomorrow will be better!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-26-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

it WASN'T supposed to rain!!! But God does what God does. I have no control over tornadic activity! Lord help me, I live in a double wide. I may have to walk tonight after all, but it'll be to a ditch somewhere with Jas in her carrier!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry Cassie.

Tori, don't blame it on Him. Blame it on her, it was Mother Nature.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Pam I hope you managed to stay awake in your seminar.

Tori and Mike Love the competition should we place wagers.

Tori Lol at the animals pairing up and looking for the ark.

Mike I have 18k(11m) logged you are really letting the girls win this week huh. Great to hear about your brother.

Kay Glad to hear you feel better.

Kim I share your rant one of the things I love about my new gym is the women’s only floor everything is put back and the equipment is always wiped clean I really notice the difference.

Mern Sleep well it’s so great that your day off was wonderful.

Cassie Great job on stopping instead of saying oh well may as well eat this too! Are Annie's Organic Bunnies chocolate I am craving chocolate something fierce today and as soon as I seen that name I could picture Easter chocolate, yum.

Have a great night everyone!

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.2k, T=4.8k, W=0, T=7k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill, W=0, T=Walk
Squats 5 days: M=50, T=50, W=75, T=50
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1281, T=1123, W=1266, T=1231
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1002, T=-894, W=-840, T=-845
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Old 01-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene, I'm not taking on everyone one but if you need that big of a head start, I'm cool with it.

Tori, If you don't want to blame it on her, there's only one other place that the blame lies. Any Guesses?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n

Tori and Mike Love the competition should we place wagers.
I have a good one. We all know she's not going to be able to control herself when she comes down and faced with REAL food. How about we both weigh in the day she heads down and when she gets back and see who held their own?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.