Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I have the same reason for being MIA.

Today In a little bit I'll get to go process a death claim for a poor old lady. Many agents HATE death claims, it's not like I like them but I handle them pretty efficiently while showing compassion.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene. Keep positive while waiting, still holding you in my thoughts.

April. New bras, excellent. I hope they weren't all practical, tell me one was frilly and lacey. I need to be re measured, I know the back size has gone down but the puppies themselves are pretty much the same size. I do have a couple which still sort of fit on the last set of hooks. I'm finding it hard to clear out my old ones as pretty lingerie was the one thing I loved to buy, but they've got to go otherwise my boobs will be sitting on my knees.

Tori. He sounds like a guy who knows you pretty well and who doesn't want to spook you by expecting too much too soon. I like how he could watch and wait and not jump in when you were vulnerable. Enjoy every minute and then just go with the flow while he is away. My BF was in the Army when we met and the first time he was posted away we didn't make any promises, I had a few dates but they only served to make me realise what a nice guy BF was. We've been together ever since despite him now living in another country, it's hard but he's worth it.

Didn't post my goals this week as I've been feeling miserable with this stinking cold and I knew it was highly unlikely I would do my exercise or stick to my cals, but it hasn't been too bad so far. Unfortunately BF is coming over to work here this weekend, arrives tomorrow and I am attending a course dinner with him tomorrow eve and then we are taking a couple of the instructors out for dinner on Sunday before they all head home again.
I will try my best to be as good as I can be.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default My weigh in wednesday

Hi everyone- thankyou for all my messages- everyone means alot and really helps me to stay motivated.
I lost 3lbs this week and i was soooo happy- it wasnt a perfect week but compared to the weeks i was having it was much better. I even had things that werent healthy but because i stayed within my calories i was in control and didnt over do it.
Ive enjoyed eating the same meals as my family but making them healthier and lower cal / lower fat which has its benefits to their bodies too.
Id never like to feed my kids meals i wouldnt eat- theyve really had fun eating the new meals ive made and ive felt proud they enjoyed it.
I love cooking which is great because i can control the amount of fat etc that goes in.
I even had a slice of pizza, doughnut and 3 small slices of garlic bread and still lost weight. This is good news for me because theres nothing worse than feeling deprived or having something infront of me that as soon as i say i shouldnt have it i want it all the more!!!
Feeling positive that i can do this and hopefully by 2013 i will be happy with my body. Sure i said this last year lol but i WILL make it!
So glad to have you lot here to chat to along the way
Tracey x
Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Sorry for MIA; work got CRAZY last week and I thought this week would be catch up time...nope, slammed again. Although I am thankful for the work; it was very slow this summer and I got a bit worried.

Read through the posts; I just have to quickly say great job everyone, thank goodness, Darlene...and if you all have Betty and Wilma, I suppose I have Pebbles .

Be well!
I soooo want to make a Bam-Bam joke, but I won't.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Um nope, speaking from personal experience here, I've lost several dress sizes but have consistently stayed a DD cup. Although dmittedly there is a distinct cup size difference between a 42DD and a 36DD. You named your boobs "Betty and Wilma"? So are they hanging around waiting for Fred or Barney? LOL, mine used to be named after famous hookers, but ever since the first baby was born (she ended up having a favorite side), hubs and I jokingly refer to them as "chocolate" and "vanilla". I suppose I could make a good chocolate sauce and whip cream joke here, but I'll refrain.
haha, yeah they go by many different names. Normally I refer to them as Betty and Wilma but occasionally when they're getting into trouble (I'm a good girl, that NEVER happens) I refer to them as Thelma and Louise. And when just causing a little mischief they go by Laverne and Shirley. I wish that I could say that I named them, but didin't
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I have always had the toughest time choosing a bra. My largest was a 50DD (DDD if I could find them) but I am so happy to say that I just bought 5 new bras in size 44DDD! Yeehaw! I haven't lost "Betty and Wilma" but they do have a good view of my feet if I stand nekkid
I also have problems with purchasing new bras, cause I WANT THEM ALL!!! My exroommate said she was going to find a self help program for me. And you know you A)have too many bras and B)your boobs are too big when all your bras won't fit in your dresser drawer. I wound up having to turn a closet tie rack into a bra rack
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
...and if you all have Betty and Wilma, I suppose I have Pebbles
hahaha They're over rated.
Originally Posted by almeeker
I soooo want to make a Bam-Bam joke, but I won't.
*wicked laugh* I think I want to make the same joke.....

Dinner was aMAZing! Now I have to run by my brother's and take them some food. SIL is sick and hasn't felt like cooking, and well Bro. isn't that great of a cook and I'm afraid the kids will starve. I kinda like those young'uns, don't want anything to happen to 'em
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, I just realized that today I hit the halfway to goal mark! So, to celebrate(?) I took a photo of myself. I'm wearing almost the same clothes as the one I took when I started back in June, except instead of size 14 shorts, they're size 10. Truthfully, they're both awful pictures of me (I look like a dweeb) but that's hardly the point I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
halfway1.jpg (95.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Joanna, awesome job!!! You look terrific . Give yourself a big ol' pat on the back and keep up the great work!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey ~ You've come a long way on your fitness journey. And you've worked so hard to get where you are today. Thanks for sharing - it encourages me.

To all others - I enjoy reading through this thread. Oh the things we learn. I'll be back later to post my FIT Challenge.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna! You look AMAZING! Congratulations! 4 sizes down??? That's quite an accomplishment!

Had another great day, food-wise. My mind seems to be back in the game. Had some great news on the university front today as well, so maybe things are starting to pay off.

Wednesday:

1. Log EVERYTHING! Yes, Yes
2. Calories around 1200 during the week; 1500 on weekends. 1187, 989 (one snack left for tonight)
3. Drink, drink, drink. Yes, Yes
4. Re-eliminate bread... a big problem lately. 0, 0
5. 2-3 fruits and veggies a day; no excuses. 2, 3
Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all for your congrats on my new great-granddaughter. You all are so thoughtful.

I'm still way behind in my day--only have time to skim through the posts. DH was on the computer so much today that I haven't logged my food and just had to guess at what I could eat. I'll log my food as soon as I get done--positive I can remember all I ate--at least I did weigh and measure.

Cassie, are you feeling better today? I never thought about journaling AT THE TIME I decide to cheat why I caved in. I know mine isn't stress and most days I've eaten plenty and have plenty of low carb options and alternatives. Maybe it's that the thing tempting me at the time doesn't have a low carb, ready-made clone. For instance, I can always enjoy my sugar free Hershey Special Dark Chocolate miniatures, because they taste just like, or maybe even more delicious than the full sugar version. But some things don't have a substitute--like a banana which is stricty off limits for me or the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream I ate last weekend. Aha! There it is--instant gratification--the least valid reason for cheating. Thanks for your encouragement. I decided this morning to just not sweat over my next blood test--it's just a number representing my PAST, not a life sentence for the future.

Tori, no, you're not the least bit chatty and I'm not 65 years old. LOL I posted the Chocolate Mocha Flaxmeal Recipe on 1/16, 11:11 AM Eastern Time, post #9. I think I might have a pecan muffin recipe. If I do, I'll post that for you, too.

Originally Posted by dar n
Mern My interview was at 3:30 I think it went really well, or should I say I was really myself so if I don’t get the job I will know that I represented myself with integrity and was true to my style of management and to be honest it’s not everyone’s style so either I am a fit for their brand or I am not I have to wait until next week to hear anything more.
Darlene, Wow! What a great post! You are right--integrity is NOT everyone's style and you DO have it. Kudos to you! I'm proud to know you! Good for you for finding a way to wait for your test results without resorting to eating. A new game is a great way to do that.

Mike, I'm continuing to send cyberhugs your way as you work on your issues with GF. Wishing you nothing but happiness.

Lizzie, you seem to appreciate the national insurance you get, so that's wonderful. Thanks for explaining that. I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy your time with BF and instructors Thursday through Sunday.

mhibdon, hooray for your hipbones showing.

Joanna! Great job! Congratulations!

Last edited by Mern; 01-18-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.