Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene...yup, Junior's department at Target, in a pinch for cheapies . On the down side, when I want something nice, Victoria's Secret doesn't really go down to my size for much.

Tori...omg. I have a 15 year old boy and the thought of him understanding that totally makes me need brain bleach.

Amy, GREAT week so far!

Will jump back with goals later. Our router is acting up again; network is down, so any internet has to be on the desktop; I'm coming up in between matches (Aussie Open) and checking on various things.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
what kid of practice causes burises? Maybe they weren't hipbones... maybe it was a callous?
Crew. Rowing. Erging. When you do it wrong, you get bruises on the backs of your calves from slamming your legs into the metal base, as well as on your breasts and stomach if you are pulling the handle in too hard and/or in at the wrong height. My first semester, I looked like I'd been gangbeat. It was funny.

1/18 - 1/22 Goals:
3L: 1.5
STRETCH: Yes
Keep blood sugar regular: 1 spike
Vitamins: Yes
Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie--unless your boy has spent the past 15 years under a rock, he understands it. I understand the need for brain bleach though, I had to give the talk to my youngest cousin a few years ago. All she has are older brothers and her mom pretty much refused to tell her anything. So, she came to me.....NOT something I wanted to do, but wanted her to be informed too. Of course, I told her that if she EVER did anything I'd kill her.

Wednesday Progress Report.....

Health/Fitness
1---under 1300--1290, 1018, 1122
2---water--UGGGGH cubed
3---workout 3 1/2 times--still haven't been motivated this week...I may be PMSing
4---2 lb loss--started at 219.6, didn't weigh, 219.2

Life/Home
1--stay on top of paperwork--two days in and so far so good
2--clean cat's bathroom---I swear, I think she purposefully throws the litter out of her box--new litter bought, changing out the whole box tomorrow, didn't get to it today
DONE!3--strip bed and wash linens--back up linens pulled from storage and washed, stripping the bed tomorrow and changin' them out
DONE!4--go to drug store and find new hair color--really need to wash this grey right out--color picked out, actual coloring session prbly tomorrow
5--call dr. and set appointment for complete blood work up. most importantly TSH levels and check about different asthma meds
6--don't let the guys at work get to me--it's a work in progress

Not only did I knock out 2 of the life goals today, I also bought another nightstand and put it together, fixed the bed so it quits falling, cooked an awesome dinner, and set up the new router. So all and all, a really good day. Will catch y'all tomorrow.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-18-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You must really be a level headed mother. I don't do too well with screaming kids. But yeah, I would love to be treated like one of my dogs.
LOL, maybe I should have said, "No if I treated you like a dog you wouldn't have to do chores because you'd be too busy sitting on my lap nibbling imported chocolates".

I don't know that I'm level headed, but I can say that the rules in our house are very clear and when you've crossed a line, chances are you did it on purpose. For example, the kids don't get in trouble for spilling something, they get in trouble for not cleaning it up. Yesterday she got in trouble over the doll house. It's her toy, and it has like 300 pieces and they were spread across about 1/3 of the dining room floor. I had asked the kids to help me clean for 15 minutes, so everybody was doing housework including the 2 year old, so it's not like she was singled out and made to work while everyone else played. Anyway I reminded her several times that she was supposed to "pick" it up, but she was determined to "set" it up, so for like 25-30 minutes she played while everyone else scurried around working. Finally I sent her to her room and proceeded to clean it up for her. She went upstairs and had a ROYAL screaming, pounding on the floor, door slamming fit, and that's what she got in trouble for. This mama don't do temper tantrums.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-18-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Crew. Rowing. Erging. When you do it wrong, you get bruises on the backs of your calves from slamming your legs into the metal base, as well as on your breasts and stomach if you are pulling the handle in too hard and/or in at the wrong height. My first semester, I looked like I'd been gangbeat. It was funny.
That's so awesome that you're on the crew team. I had some rowing classmates my freshman year, and it looked like a ton of fun, so I went down to the river every morning at 6:00am for practice and loved it. Anyway after about 2 weeks the coach says that he likes my game, but my real strength lies in sitting backwards and screaming my head off at everyone else, and oh could I lose like 40-45lbs? Seriously? He thinks to pull me off the daily workout at the oar and simultaneously have me drop weight? Dude it soooo doesn't work like that. So ended my short foray as an oarswoman.

I agree with the bruising business, rowing is hard on the body, even the rowing machine made me want to hurl. But I get bruises all over from pretty much any sort of team sport. Volleyball was bad too, my arms and hands looked like I'd been run over, and I don't even want to talk about the beatings my knee caps have been through.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report:

- 1700 Cals M=1574, T=1601, W=1466
- 30 minutes of free weights daily M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
- balance carbs/fat/protein to 40/30/30 M=36/40/23 T=35/38/26, W=42/41/17
- a stable 289 lbs M=293, T=293, W=291.5

Carbs and fat went way over due to supper. Hubby was tired of us eating seperate foods*, so we ate long macaroni pasta with pesto sauce and garlic bread. I felt bad for eating it because I'd checked to see how much it would all add to my percentage breakdown, but, strangely, I didn't want/need a mid-evening snack after supper.

A friend recommended I try doing squats, taking time to explain the proper way. I had no idea how much effort it took to "sit down"! I'm going to add them to my exercise routine tonight along with a bit of running in place. I may get up to 45 minutes - almost as much as I had in school. :P

On a side note, I'm having a great hair day.

*Hubby tends to eat all of his "share" of multiple meal foods, like pizza. I've been restricting myself to the portion serving which means there's leftover. I'll eat my "share" over how many days it takes to get rid of it and he either fends for himself or I make him something else.

Last edited by zyxst; 01-18-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: forgot my footnote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Cassie--unless your boy has spent the past 15 years under a rock, he understands it. I understand the need for brain bleach though, I had to give the talk to my youngest cousin a few years ago. All she has are older brothers and her mom pretty much refused to tell her anything. So, she came to me.....NOT something I wanted to do, but wanted her to be informed too. Of course, I told her that if she EVER did anything I'd kill her.
Agreed, he knows or at least has heard most of it, even if all the details aren't precisely clear. My chosen profession is male dominated, and I've overheard enough conversations, that I can say with absolute certainty that when there aren't any women around (or at least when they think there aren't any), male conversation often descends instantaneously to the X-rated variety.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zyxst
On a side note, I'm having a great hair day.
NICE! I'm soooo jealous. Mine looks horrible lately, I need me some hair therapy in the worst way.

Don't feel too bad about the pasta. I switched our family over to whole grain pasta so we can eat it occasionally and it's not quite the empty carb-fest it used to be. The other thing I do is make pasta for the kids and spaghetti squash for me. Okay it's not exactly pasta, but it's filling and tasty so I don't miss the pasta at all.

One of the things I've tried to do in all this is to make one meal for everyone, I hardly have time to cook one meal let alone two, so I figure if it's good for me, it's good for the whole family. So as you go along look for ways to healthy up the old favorites. You might even get hubby to help with that. Although speaking from personal experience, this takes a while and you should brace for some resistance along the way, maybe even a bit of kicking and screaming...
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

Joanna. Looking good girl and great legs.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, well at least your game playing strategy worked in part. That counts for something.

Tori, you had a great Wednesday report! Congrats on successfully knocking off some life goals as well. I hope you enjoy the pecan muffins. They're one of my favorites but I don't make them often because of the cost of pecans. Hint: I can't remember if I tried paper muffin tin liners with the pecan muffins or not. My flaxmeal mocha muffins stick to the muffin tin paper liners if I try to peel away the paper when the muffin is warm. But I solved that problem with any leftover muffins by peeling the paper off before rewarming in the microwave. They also freeze well--freeze separated on a tray before placing in a freezer bag to they won't stick together. I count myself among the chattiest in our group, but I have no problem with that because perfectly OK for our members to skim through the posts and read as much or as little as they desire. LOL on talking to brick walls at work. I often tell people talking to my husband is like talking to a doorknob.

Amy I half-heard (was also on the computer) an old episode of the George Lopez show last night where he was telling his daughter (I guess) that she could be assured she wasn't adopted because he'd have taken her back under their state's lemon laws. This is not advice--just sharing a memory. Your DD's temper tantrum over the dollhouse brought to mind an experience with my oldest step-grandson, now 25. When he was four or five, he threw a screaming, kicking, fist pounding tantrum on the floor of Toys R Us when I wouldn't buy him a video game of which I didn't approve--it was a fighting game. I didn't want people to think I was hitting or spanking him, so I walked half way down the aisle and stood there looking at other toys as if I didn't even notice he was making a scene. When he saw I was ignoring him and strangers were staring at him, he abruptly quit and got up off the floor. LOL

Zyxst, in Ohio USA I can get Dreamfields pasta in the regular pasta section of the grocery store. It's just processed differently so whereas it would normally have 41 grams of carbs per serving, 31 grams are protected from being digested and 5 grams are fiber, leaving a net effective carb of only 5 grams per serving. I manage my blood sugar on only 25 net carbs per day, and I can eat Dreamfields a couple days a week if I want. Even better yet, it tastes EXACTLY like any other regular dried pasta--my DH ate it for months before I told him it was low carb. No one in my family can taste the differrence.

Cassie, you started my day with a great chuckle. "Brain bleach"

Last edited by Mern; 01-19-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.