Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
80-90 ounces of wine, beer, what?
Not telling...
Old 01-04-2012, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Quinn, have fun with the paperwork...don't forget to take notes for my tutorial in three years, lol.
After submitting all of my financials, the news was not what I had hoped for. It seems that I'm too rich to be poor and too poor to be rich. Taking tonight off and will have to come up with a new strategy tomorrow. But for tonight, there is wine... and lots of it.

I have 4 notebooks of handwritten notes, so far. I'll keep them for you. lol

Doesn't Georgia have a system regarding college tuition for kids over a certain GPA? I think they were rated as one of the best states for assistance, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
After submitting all of my financials, the news was not what I had hoped for. It seems that I'm too rich to be poor and too poor to be rich. Taking tonight off and will have to come up with a new strategy tomorrow. But for tonight, there is wine... and lots of it.

I have 4 notebooks of handwritten notes, so far. I'll keep them for you. lol

Doesn't Georgia have a system regarding college tuition for kids over a certain GPA? I think they were rated as one of the best states for assistance, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm sorry, Quinn. I remember my dad going through that every year also, spending grueling hours with the forms only to be told that we weren't eligible for assistance. I'm sure she'll get good news on the scholarship front, though.

We have the HOPE scholarship here in GA for in-state schools. It's lottery-funded and I believe it used to be a full ride if you kept above a 3.0, but it has been cut in stages over the years and it's pretty tough to get a full tuition paid anymore. Who knows what it will be when we need it? Eek...pass the wine; I'm getting hives just thinking about it!

More catching up later; have to do the Mom taxi run to tennis .
Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Terri. I have everything crossed for your BF, I know so well what it's like waiting to hear about jobs for someone I care about, you feel so helpless.

Deana. Welcome and kudos to you for your weight loss so far. Many of us have suffered personal tragedies in recent years and my heart goes out to you. There is an amazing amount of support and good advice and even humour on this site. I hope it helps you.

Quinn. Falling between two stools... That sucks. It's the same for my mum, she paid into a small pension fund for years which gives her a tiny extra income every month But because of this she has to pay for many of the things her friends get for free, and when she compared it all with her best friend who never worked she is actually several pounds worse off per week, it doesn't seem fair.

Not a great day, have been completing mid year appraisals and some of them were difficult, I have a couple of guys who aren't performing their duties satisfactorily and they just didn't want to hear my criticisms. After work I was so wound up that I gorged on the last remaining cake, some bread and pâté, olives and cheese. I also had my chocolate kiss, the only thing I didn't reach for was the wine. Now I'm wide awake when I should be asleep and am so annoyed at my lack of control. Roll on tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone, things are slow here on the partycat front. For some reason (I think dehydration) a muscle is my back start cramping suddenly a couple days ago and hasn't stopped hurting since. I missed my training yesterday, kept a hot compress on it, and tried to stretch it out, but it is still nagging me. Going to try a light go on the ski-machine before the Clemson game. Any advice from you guys on how to treat this?

Mike: Yep, tots heard a scream all the way here in Charleston, but I had just assumed that it was the wind :P
Old 01-04-2012, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
You might want to revise your opinion on that sister, it burns calories like mad and it's good for your frustration level, plus way cheaper than therapy. Lol.
I generaly throw things when frustrated. Staplers, printer covers, salesmen.....

Originally Posted by Lizards13
MF ( my fiancé ) gave me 365 chocolate kisses as part of my Xmas gifts, one each evening before bed as he can't be with me to kiss me goodnight...... All together now..... Awwwwwww sweet.
Good Golly that's sweet!! Kinda made me throw up a lil bit in my mouth

It's been really cold (last week it was 70*),
That's cold???? Geez, come on up to the 36* high we had yesterday. And back up to the 60s by this weekend.......

Can you hear me???? I'm yelling!!!! I dropped for a 3rd time in less than 2.5 hours.
That was you??? I thought it was the salesman I threw....

mh--here's hoping Clemson's game turns out like Carolina's. A win-win for the state would be AWEsome
Old 01-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
That's cold???? Geez, come on up to the 36* high we had yesterday. And back up to the 60s by this weekend.......

no, last week it was 70*. I haven't walked this week b/c it's been cold. I think it got down to 24* last night. 24* is too damn cold for this southern boy!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie* Yup, should know better than to compare Congrats on the hydrostatic bodyfat results--18% is great! You'll be back where you want in no time.

Mern* Thanks for sharing your first journal entry...speaks volumes as to how far you've come.

Thank both you ladies for reminding me why this is such a great forum--respect for different goals and methods for reaching them!

Dar n* I went raw one summer and loved it...felt energetic and healthy. Family wasn't so pleased when I made spaghetti & meatballs out of zucchini, pecans & sundried tomatoes (room temp of course). I still love juicing and swear by it when I get sick.

Deanna* Welcome! It's rough dealing with aging parents, not to mention loss of a job. Prayers going out to you! At least logging food is one thing we can control...hang in there.

Quinn* Same boat as you when it comes to financial aid. Ouch.

Mike* Gotta say I love your random kindness goal! Being healthy doesn't count for much if we don't make the world a nice place to live.

Gotta post before my screen freezes up! Have a great night all!

Last edited by Built; 01-04-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

no, last week it was 70*. I haven't walked this week b/c it's been cold. I think it got down to 24* last night. 24* is too damn cold for this southern boy!
oohhh hahaha, my retarded self thought you were saying 70 was cold, and I was like HUH??? It's what I get for working today, it screws me all up
Old 01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Oh man, you guys - my morning was a comedy of errors! Talk about screaming in frustration...

So, I flew into Pittsburgh last night around 12 and got the shuttle to my hotel where my car has been parked for a couple weeks. I get up and leave the hotel around 8:45 this morning, go to start my car... doesn't start. I was like, "This is stupid, but oh well." I go back into the hotel and thankfully the guy who drives the shuttle was able to jump my car (with the shuttle bus, no less) using my jumper cables. So I'm off, then I decide to get Starbucks before I drive home (about a 3 hour drive.) I wasn't sure if it was safe to turn off the engine, but I didn't want someone to steal my car, so I figured it had been long enough and turned it off. When I come back out - doesn't start. Well, crap. So the Starbucks manager was parked next to me, and she offers to help me out, but no dice - car won't jump. By this point, I'm like - I don't know what to do. So I see an auto store across the street, wander over, and the guy behind the counter is kind of a d**k. He says it'll be an hour. I walk back to my car, and guess what - I've locked my keys in my car! At this point, I burst into tears - I'm in Pittsburgh, familiar with nothing, and my keys AND my phone are in the car. Anyway, the people in Starbucks were very helpful and finally went to another car place across the other street - they were able to both open the car, jump it, and replace the battery... Finally made it home around 2 PM. How ridiculous is that?!

Anyway, I'll probably go a tad over my pseudo-goal of 1400 calories today, but not by too much.

In other news, my cat insists on being within 5 feet of me at all times - can't blame him after leaving him with a pet sitter visiting every other day for 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.