Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-08-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Tori for your encouragement and high fives.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mern! Way to pull it out! THAT is why you are not on a buttload of meds.

Beth, feel better soon. Those stupid bugs!

Tori, hope you're riding on cloud 9...maybe work will be a little more tolerable tomorrow with some happy date memories .
Old 01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Aw, Cassie, thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

How'd you do tonight? How are you feeling? Did you find something to eat to make you feel better/more satisfied?

I hope you get a wonderful night's sleep tonight!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Mern, still a little lightheaded and energy is low, but I am not fighting the impulse to eat a lot of junk tonight. It's 10:00, I still have two planned snacks left to eat, and I do feel more in control. Calories were low, I got the fiber in, but protein was low also. It's amazing how many "healthy" things crossed my mind to eat..pita chips, peanut butter on celery, salsa, a homemade granola bar (it has PB & also rice cereal)...only to think, whoops, processed! It would be an interesting thing to try for a string of days, but as I said, this week will be crazy, so it won't happen soon. I'm not sure what to do with goals tomorrow morning, but I'll see then. I hope you sleep well also . I'm kind of growly now so I'm going to go make some popcorn and share it with my little driving buddy .
Old 01-08-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Golly, Cassie, I wish I knew how to help you, but I'm at a loss--I've never really gotten onto the "no processed foods" wagon--not even for one whole day. Best I have promised to do for myself is to cut down a little. I'd make a lousy pioneer!

Glad you aren't craving junk food, but so sorry you still have the low energy and lightheadedness. Do you think your symptoms are for sure diet related or could it possibly be a cold or sinus problems coming on?

Well, I hope you enjoyed the popcorn with your new driving buddy.

I'm going to bed--almost 11PM. Big hug to ya!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

For those who asked, I'll try my best to give you the scoop on my date with CN. In white below....

So, after my clothing disaster (which would have looked awesome had the top fit across the boobs and the security device hadn't been left on the sweater) I had to improvise. After trying on pretty much everything I own, I settled on a cami and cardigan....can't go wrong, right?! I dropped my car at his place, and after a quick tour of his house, we left to go to dinner. He helped me up into his truck, and before he closed the door he hesitated and then said "screw it, I've got to get this out of the way" and leaned down and kissed me. Who knew I could be struck speechless???

We went to a cute little Italian place, complete with candlelight. But it wasn't too fancy, WHEW, cause I don't do fancy. We ate. We talked. We drank wine. We shared tiramisu. After dinner we went back to his place and watched a movie, snuggled on the couch, and had more wine. We both got texts at pretty much the same time from a mutual friend (who knew we were going out that night) asking us to go bowling. So after the movie we went Midnight Cosmic Bowling.....We bowled until 1:30, went back to his place. He jokingly (?) asked me to stay and I told him that there were things that were worth waiting for....and I was home by 2:15.

It was sweet, it was fun, and it was romantic. Ready for the big bomb??? He goes back to Georgia this week and gets deployed in a little over a month.....STUPID STUPID ARMY! I asked a friend if "I Love Army Boys" was tattooed on my forhead, cause I'm not sure how I keep finding them, or if they keep finding me....but I've GOT to find a man who isn't military LOL!!! I knew he was Army, but it never occurred to me that he would be getting deployed. It's not supposed to be a long deployment, so that's good I guess. I told him that I couldn't say that I wasn't going to go out with anyone while he was gone, but I did want to see him when he gets back.

So, that was pretty much my Saturday night. And if he can get a weekend pass he'll come up again this coming weekend. So we'll just have to wait and see.....
Old 01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday wrap up....

1--under 1400 calories--1380, 1329,1202, 1296, 1350, 1600??? 1257 not too bad considering.
2--exercise 4 times--N, N, Y, Y, N, N, N I've got to start doing a better job at this.
3--relax and enjoy the ride--the week was good. I didn't get overly stressed. One small glitch at work on Tuesday, but I got over it pretty quick.

I'm ready for another week....who's with me???
Old 01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a ton of fun, Tori! Sorry about the deployment, but hey, it'll give you time to find future date clothes sans tightness and tags .

Mern, gotta admit, I am having fantasies about snarfing a granola bar after midnight, but my "day" for food runs from the time I get up till the time I go to sleep, so that would technically be cheating! Sleep well, my friend.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Sounds like a ton of fun, Tori! Sorry about the deployment, but hey, it'll give you time to find future date clothes sans tightness and tags .
It was a lot of fun. Deployment is what it is with Army Boys.....and as many as I've gone through you'd think that I would be used to it by now And not only will it give me time to find future date clothes, I'll also hopefully be a lot closer to my final goal weight when he gets back.....

I'm not going to jump right into any kind of relationship with him, but I will admit, I'm a smitten kitten.....
Old 01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Reporting In . . .

FIT Challenge -- 1/2/12 [Mon-Sat] Sun is "Break Day" within reason. Check-in: M-T-W-R-F-S

~FOCUS: Faith */* Audio Bible Daily ---> Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y

~INTAKE: Fiber */* Non-starchy Veg. x4 serv. Daily ---> Y-Y-N-Y-N-Y

~TRAIN: Feet */* STEPS wkly ~ 13.5 mi * 28,512 steps ---> 14.89 mi * 31,453 steps

*/* AEROBIC wkly {150"} ---> {120"}

Firm & Flex */* {Figure out plan} --->Follow Strong Women
.................................................. ............
I really feel pretty good about what I've accomplished since starting on FitDay. I'm settling with daily routine & with that more & more goals will be met. Next week I plan to add in strength training. I'm trying to remember to be flexible & change goals as I learn & adjust my daily routines.

I really like to see what you all are accomplishing! Keep it up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.