Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-28-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Sorry. Thanks and I hope I get my bike soon.

Keeping it real, b/c I ain't scared to show my face when I'm not doing well. I'm back up to 183.0.

Mike, what kind of bike are you interested in? Have you gotten one already or are you on the lookout?

Before my spine issues, I was a long-distance cyclist. I'd ridden FANY a couple of time (Five Hundred Miles Across NY The Great Big FANY Ride | Bicycle ride across New York | Niagara Falls to Saratoga by Bike) and was planning on cycling across America. I had a love affair with my road bike, a Specialized Roubaix. I called her Roubaix Tuesday. I still have her, hanging upside down in the garage and after over 4 years of not being able to ride, I'm finally selling her *sob*.

Cycling is sumpin' wunnerful, really.

Susie
Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for posting the pics of GF's new truck. Awesome! Wow, it IS roomy! Thanks for your encouragement--it's just barely more green than red, but I'm pledging to be able to post all green tomorrow. Best wishes on whatever you decide about going to the office during the holidays. Nice that you have a job that's somewhat flexible in that way. Aw, sorry you lost a couple replies. Sucks, doesn't it? I USUALLY compose in WordPad but for some reason when I didn't a couple times this week my back button (I use Google Chrome now) didn't take me back to my reply box. And hats off to you for keeping it real and not being scared to post your weight goal graph! We all know you can do it and get your actual weight line heading back down toward the goal line. Your whole "stable" is rooting for ya!

Susie, best wishes with your spine issues. Big gentle hug to ya!

Quinn, I love your Garfield avatar. That's how I felt when my scale was up 2 lbs. this morning. Tell us what fruits and veggies you bought. I need to get some fresh green beans to cook with that Christmas ham bone in my fridge--or maybe I'll do those super low carb black soybeans with it.

April, I chuckled aloud over your reply to Mike that you felt left out when he lost his replies. Way to go on YOUR exercise, too. You are right--even with the quick breathers, your heart rate is still up. I think green and red are quite appropriate and helpful, but I personally find that giving myself a red when I am so close or did my very best is self-defeating. When I see the contrast of red and green alone without comparing it with my original goal, I'm seeing failure vs. success.

Per Cardio Connection the rule of thumb on cardio exercise is 220 less your age gives you your maximum heart rate, so that would be 180 for an average 40 year old. The American Heart Association says recommendations for exercise heart rate vary, but in general it suggests keeping target heart rate while exercising to 50-75% of your maximum heart rate. I've seen target exercise heart rates at 80% of maximum heart rate on other websites, but to be sure it's OK, we should check with our health care provider.

Last edited by Mern; 12-28-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Per Cardio Connection the rule of thumb on cardio exercise is 220 less your age gives you your maximum heart rate, so that would be 180 for an average 40 year old. The American Heart Association says recommendations for exercise heart rate vary, but in general it suggests keeping target heart rate while exercising to 50-75% of your maximum heart rate. I've seen target exercise heart rates at 80% of maximum heart rate on other websites, but to be sure it's OK, we should check with our health care provider.

So according to that formula I should be at @ 93-140. I just randomly checked it during a breather today and it was about 125 so that seems like a good place to be.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Susie, I'm going to be getting a motorcycle.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Susie Great goals to start off with!

Mh Lol at the loo exercise. I am going to eat raw today that normally kicks the cravings out of my body and that should get me back on track I have a 9k hike planned tomorrow also. I hope you enjoy your run.

Mern I love it when everyone fends for themselves and I get out of cooking duty. Did your gd like her closet space? Thanks for your concern on my day yesterday I don’t know why I let myself eat crap it really doesn’t agree with my tummy and I get the worst headaches but yet I don’t seem to learn good thing I only celebrate 3 or 4 holidays with food. I have cut up 4 large freezer bags with fresh veggies I bought some organic hummus 2 flavors some oranges and apples and I am going to reboot the body and cleanse all the sugar and crap out over the next 2 days. I am not as worried about our new years celebration it’s more about the kids ever since they were old enough to drink we have let them party here we collect keys and their friends sleep wherever they land and we have nothing to worry about except the clean up. It’s funny since they are adults now we figured the party would move but all their friends look forward to it as so many of them have moved away or are in universities away from home it’s kind of turned into a reunion night for them.

Torre Nice green going on! Thanks for the pep talk I need a cheerleader right now.

Joanna Enjoy your holiday. Good job on the maintenance that’s awesome!

April I hope you get better weather soon so you can walk. The last 3min of exercise counts the most because I am usually burning mental calories with my come on you can do it thinking I would count it also! My fat burning heart rate is over 144 according to my trainer that’s at 85% of my maximum heart rate but you should check with your dr my trainer made me as 85% is high I started at 50% so your numbers sound really good.

Mike the truck is very nice it’s the same color as my hubbys new one I think the silver is very sharp looking. Thanks for the advice I am eating clean today and I will exercise but not at the gym I have to get out and drop off these cookies today and dd wants to go buy new years decorations so my walking will be in the mall.

I have had a very quiet lazy morning so I guess I should get myself moving. I hope you all have a great day I will be back soon with my plate of vegetables.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, where are you? Vacationing? We miss you!

April, I'm no expert, but it sounds good to me, too. And you're losing weight, so that's additional good you're doing for your heart.

Darlene, yes, my granddaughter had a pretty big smile on her face when she saw all the additional closet shelf space I cleared for her. She surely has a lot of stuff! LOL Wow, I'll bet your kids really appreciate your letting them have their New Year "reunion" party there. Their friends must feel very comfortable with you or they wouldn't come--great that you collect the keys. I always feel crappy after I go on a carb binge--not headaches, but very sluggish from the blood sugar plummet afterwards. Kudos to you on the detoxing of carbs and "crap." I'm a real veggie lover--can't think of any I don't like. Blessings to you, too.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mern I do not like corn and I like cabbage and spinach raw but dislike them both cooked but other then that I like and will eat all veggies so it makes raw food days pretty easy for me. I was at the health food store today and they had organic raspberries and blueberries from a green house in town I was pretty happy so that will be breakfast tomorrow. It's storming pretty bad outside right now I hope it clears up for my hike tomorrow. I am glad your gd liked her closet lol at the stuff it is pretty amazing how much stuff my kids have also.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Gotta make this quick, my home internet connection is way spotty right now and it's been a pain all day. Goals for the week are right on pace to where they need to be Health/Fitness wise. Home and life goals are good. Still caught up on my paperwork, all the laundry is done (last load is in the dryer now) and the closet is officially cleaned with nothing in boxes. Now all I have to do is find space for my newly clean clothes too!

Will catch up with y'all when my connection is better.....hopefully
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

I need a new goal event my best friend just postponed her wedding until July 2013 so I will not be trying on dresses for my maid of honor duties until a year from feb. I really am an event orientated person vrs any random date so maybe a new goal of 130 by my birthday in March, I will need to go play with the goal section and see how that looks.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,
I'm mostly caught up with everyone's lives but don't have a lot of time to respond, but it does sound like everyone has at least found the wagon, even if they haven't quite climbed on. My sister is visiting from OR, which means a little too much time around the dinner table, but lots of time outdoors.

Here is the tail for Tues:

Diet & Fitness:

1.) 1 liter of plain water everyday
M=Y, T=Y
2.) 1 serving (max) of either bread, potatoes, or rice a day
M=N (left over potatoes & stuffing) T=N (leftovers for lunch, home made pizza for dinner)
3.) Limit sweets M=Y (none), T=Y
4.) 1 outdoor activity every day M=Y, T=Y(sort of)
5.) Keep calories a maintenance level, or less M=N (a couple hundred over) T=Close
6.) Measure blood pressure daily M=N, T=N

Home and work
7.) Finish performance evaluation documents
M=N (tues), T=Y (not finished, but progress)
8.) Pay last remaining monthly bills
M=N (tues) T=Y
9.) Up date calendar and make sure all appointments are recorded correctly. M=Y (started), T=Y
10) Don't stress out over lots of company this week.
M=Y (picking up sister the afternoon), T=Y

Wed is looking much the same, but I will be able to limit the white stuff (does polenta count ) Hopefully catch up w/ more details later.

PS Mike, I have a wonderful silver Ford Ranger. For obvious reasons we call her Hiyo (as in Silver... away!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.