Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-30-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n

Quinn Glad you are logging again and I am sure you will have healthy calories very soon, you are a pro after all. Knitting that’s cool I can’t believe you taught yourself in a couple of hours. I am impressed. I have never heard of double pointed needles so I googled and boy it doesn’t look easy, what are you going to make?
lol So far, I'm not making anything in particular. It's just that when you hold 4 needles in your hands, you can't put them down or you'll drop the stitches. So, it was the perfect diversion away from munching all day long. Kind of like needlepoint or cross stitch, I suppose, only there, you don't want to get food on your project. Usually double pointed needles are used for hats, mittens and socks... although I can't imagine making socks! It's hard and takes all of your concentration, so it worked well to stop the cycle of mindless eating. Regular knitting is so much easier! I found a video on You Tube that finally made it click.

Got on the scale today and I'm up about 6-6.5 lbs. I probably deserved worse. Ironically, it's the same exact amount that I put on last Christmas! I'll have to look back in my logs and see how long it took me to take it off last year. The combination of holiday goodies and my husband being home for a week packed the weight on quickly. He's only working for a half day today and is already talking about where to go for lunch!

I have great motivation to keep on track. I bought the most amazing black knee boots last week when I was in Green Bay. But, to look right, you have to wear them with skinny jeans and my skinny jeans were getting pretty tight! So, if I want to wear them, I know what I have to do!

Mike,
Why the ?? Don't be sad! Then I'll be sad, get depressed, start eating everything in sight, gain a couple hundred pounds, lose my home, move under a bridge with Cassie and our 11 cats in the middle of winter... Do you know how cold it is here in the winter??? My mittens and socks aren't done yet!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, Mike, you'd BETTER be nervous! Like Quinn said, I'm ACCURATE. This is just a TASTE of what's in store for you if you don't get back on the wagon with us PRONTO!

Old 12-30-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

Congrats on losing the 3 lbs. of holiday weight! I sure hope that I can follow in your footsteps! So far, so good. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...
Old 12-30-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, Quinn is right--so many of us have been where you are. I went for two years with an "on again, off again" relationship with my ex-fiance, falling for the same old "we can work it out" stuff time after time, and he always reverted back into the same behavior that I could not deal with. I was cured of him when I finally realized that I DESERVED BETTER.

Darlene, is your headache gone now? LOL on your DH packratting the electronics! Congrats on your hike! And wow, you did great on your goals yesterday. Yea!

Quinn, go ahead and whop Mike upside the head and kick his butt! Great idea finding something to keep your hands busy so you don't graze! I know the holiday weight is disappointing, but you know it's only temporary, you know how to get it off, and you will. I gained 5 1/2 between Thanksgiving and Christmas, putting me up to 220.5. But my highest weight ever was 246 and I started FitDay 1-17-11 at 240. Instead of fretting over my holiday weight, I decided this morning to give myself a huge pat on the back for being 28.5 lbs. lighter than my highest weight ever and 22.5 lbs. less than when I started FitDay last January. So stop and give yourself credit, turn your frown upside down and give yourself the same advice you gave me: "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." You'll be in the skinny jeans and knee boots in no time. And thanks for your encouragement on my holiday weight loss so far.

Last edited by Mern; 12-30-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ....
1. 100oz water daily T: 104oz, W: 112oz, T: 128oz also known as 1 gallon!!
2. Walk on lunch if possible T: Raining, W: Snowing...windy & 20*...No, Th: just a little but better than nothing,
3. Exercise 4 times Weds - Sun W: 1hr 3min, Th: 1hr 5min, F: 45minTotal time 2hr 53min
4. Lose 3 lbs this week -2.2lbs so far this week
5. Weigh and post it good or bad M: ???, T: 276.6, W: 275.2, Th: 275.0, F: 274.6,

Life Goals ....
1. Do something for me every day T: Not really, W: Not really, Th: Nah,
2. Clean fish tank (weekend)
3. Clean the house (weekend)
4. Hang wall border in son's room (weekend)

Had to go buy a new chest freezer last night since the little one we have isn't big enough. We doubled our size. I can't wait until tonight to move over all the stuff from the little freezer and see the difference. That is one of the bad things about working in a food company where you can buy restaurant quality foods (the good stuff) at grocery store or a little more prices. They come in huge cases and you need a freezer to store it all. Hubby was talking to a guy at work and he is going to buy our little one on Monday then. My hubby is always working a deal with someone.

I am redeeming my Christmas present at one of the best pizza shops in our area today. I have asked the owner to make me a wrap. I already brought my salad for lunch so I am going to take the wrap home to split with my hubby tonight. They are very big and good. Probalby not the healthiest choice but I went with philly steak. At least I'll only be eating half of it.

MH ... You are right, those pics are hot! And I love that you are walking around lookin' fine and your ex is....well, NOT! Ha! Did you happen to see them while you were out and about? Or did you just hear that they aren't looking good?

Mern ... We packed away our leftover ham too. We got a 16lb boneless Sara Lee ham from work for free. Baked it up and then ate dinner. Save enough for leftovers for that night and lunch the next day and put the rest in freezer bags already cut in cubes for soups or omelettes. ... I LOL'd at your DH keeping broken appliances in case your son wanted to repair them. My older son has taken apart the old playstation 1 and repaired it himself already though. ... Congrats on seeing 3 lbs gone! And you were telling me that my goal was high? Look at you go!

Quinn ... Knitting or crocheting are things that I have never learned how to do. I do love my cross stitching though. I have been doing that on lunch at work again when I can't walk. I have a bunch of little (3" square probably) Christmas kits at home that I had forgotten about. I may pull them out and make them up and buy some materials and make a quilt out of them for next year or to give away as a Christmas present to someone. You are definitely right though...you don't want to get food on your work!

Pam ... Yeah, they are not close friends. More like acquaintances. And for some reason I get the feeling that they are 2 faced. Could just be because other people that I do talk to have told me that they are. Could also just be because they have worked together for years and I have only been at this desk for 1 yr this month and my job can disrupt theirs with customers coming in and being loud so I keep my office door shut so we aren't in common conversation usually.

Tori ... The part of you that didn't cry is the stronger you. Each time you resist the urge to allow him back you will get stronger. Sorry that he had to ruin your day. I hope you can brush it off and get back to flirting with the new person you mentioned!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

It's okay Quinn, I'd offer to keep you warm but I don't visit the crazy cat ladies that live under the bridge.

Mern, I'll be back on today.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It's okay Quinn, I'd offer to keep you warm but I don't visit the crazy cat ladies that live under the bridge.
Wow, if that's my bridge, I'm hurt. See where it gets me to stick my head back in?

At any rate, yesterday was my last hurrah. We took the boy out for a last dinner and anniversary dinner, I guess!); he chose a new pizza place. It was great; we did do whole wheat crust, but still...coming home to the cookies, brownies, chocolate covered marshmallows...eek. What we didn't finish I packed up and sent with hubby to work today. I have a fridge full of fresh fruits and veggies and a conked-out boy on the couch, so today, even though it's Friday and not the new year yet, is my new start. It's been six days of unbridled eating and I feel disgusting...those of you talking about headaches, yep, that's me, and I'm positive it's the sugar. I also get that "gross" feeling and taste in my mouth when I eat poorly...sometimes I eat some raw veggies or piece of fruit I don't really want just to try to get rid of it! Blech! Anyway, I'm not brave enough to be on the scale yet; this was a really bad slip and I definitely have some work to do.

The oral surgery went well and I'm laughing so hard at the effects of the anesthesia on my child that tears are rolling down my face. Will be in and out today between writing and nursing. take care, y'all, and congrats to those back on the wagon, and my eternal admiration to those who got through without falling off in the first place!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Oh sorry Cassie, not you, you're good.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Yeah, Mike, you'd BETTER be nervous! Like Quinn said, I'm ACCURATE. This is just a TASTE of what's in store for you if you don't get back on the wagon with us PRONTO!

Old 12-30-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Missing Amy, Terri, Rose... I know there are others but I can't remember who all hasn't posted since Christmas.

April! You are a ROLE MODEL for us! You are doing so well and look at that weight steadily going down! OMG a gallon of water--I'd have to stop walking to go hunt for a bathroom. Is that why you stopped? Just kidding. LOL Thanks for your encouragement on my weight loss. Like you and many others in our group, my holiday gain included water weight gain from too much sodium, so under those circumstances I agree a three lb. goal in one week isn't too high to aim for because water weight seems to come off more quickly than fat. Having been on a plateau for at least six weeks before Christmas, I didn't even have a goal. I hope I can continue to lose after shedding the water weight gain! Wonderful about the new freezer, buyer for your old one, and great prices on food. Restaurant quality is a far cry from what we can get in supermarkets. OMG, I love Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches. ENJOY your Philly Steak. Does it have cheese? I get mine with provalone instead of the Cheese Whiz type stuff. I get them from Penn Station sub shop and transfer them to my lowcarb tortilla. OK, that settles it--next electronics and appliances DH wants to "packrat" are getting shipped to Pennsylvania, addressed to your son. LOL

Mike, I'm looking toward a report tonight or tomorrow that says you are back on the wagon--even PART way on--even if you don't post numbers. I'm taking your word for it and putting my whip back in the bedroom for now--next to my dominatrix constume for DH.

Cassie, so glad your son's oral surgery went well. The effects of anesthesia can be so hilarious. I had tears of laughter rolling down my face when my sister had surgery a few years ago. Wish I'd had a camera because she didn't believe the things my BIL and I told her she had said and done. Was that a last hurrah dinner and wedding anniversary dinner? If wedding anniversary, how many years? I'm sure you told us and I forgot.

Was there really anyone who got through the holidays with no gain? If so, let's take a roll call on that so we can join Cassie in offering our admiration and congrats.

Last edited by Mern; 12-30-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.