Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Afternoon Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: No, No, Yes, So far so good
2. 3 L: 2, Yes, 1, Working on it
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, No, Yes,
4. Move: Yes, Yes, No, Yes

Will post more later, but I got to get in my jog/shuffle workout beside my mother while she walked the bridge today! It was awesome! Then I walked the rest with her, but it was intense! Jog/shuffled 30 mins uphill with no breaks! GO ME!!!

Also... ladies & gent, I'm sure that you'll appreciate this cattiness: I'm looking hot in heels and minidresses for my Christmas facebook photos while my anti-healthy-living ex is looking... worse for wear, so to speak. I've been burning extra calories by victory dancing all over the place! YEAH BABY YEAH!!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
[B]

Will post more later, but I got to get in my jog/shuffle workout beside my mother while she walked the bridge today! It was awesome! Then I walked the rest with her, but it was intense! Jog/shuffled 30 mins uphill with no breaks! GO ME!!!

Also... ladies & gent, I'm sure that you'll appreciate this cattiness: I'm looking hot in heels and minidresses for my Christmas facebook photos while my anti-healthy-living ex is looking... worse for wear, so to speak. I've been burning extra calories by victory dancing all over the place! YEAH BABY YEAH!!
The absolute best way to move on from an ex is to look better, feel better and live better than you did with them... it drives them insane! Congrats! You deserve that victory dance!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
The absolute best way to move on from an ex is to look better, feel better and live better than you did with them... it drives them insane! Congrats! You deserve that victory dance!
Oh man, I've been doing it wrong this whole time. No wonder why they all got really upset with their sister.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh man, I've been doing it wrong this whole time. No wonder why they all got really upset with their sister.
Bwahahaha, good one, Mike!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

You are absolutely right! Thanks!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, I hope you enjoyed your adventure and museums. You did a spectacular job on diet and fitness on round 2 of Christmas! That took a lot of self-discipline! Lot of green in your home and work goals as well! Oh, my, your BP is waaaaaaay more of an issue than my DH's. His is very predicatable according to the time of day as he's retired and runs his life pretty much on schedule, even to the time of day he eats and exercises. He measures his daily at home. I think I told you his doc didn't even suggest to him that he could do anything to help himself. I looked up about white coat syndrome, not having heard that term before, but correctly guessing yours is higher at the doc's office than at home. Just wondering: did you ever try the 24 hour ambulatory monitor to measure and record your BP? I just read about that a few minutes ago in High blood pressure - white coat syndrome - WebMD My, you have a good memory! Yes, thanks, I did get back into my walking routine 5 days a week. My scheduled days off are Thursday and Sunday. Right now am back up to 2 miles per day on my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs aerobic walking DVD and beginning January 3 I will be walking at the gym Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday--going there directly from dropping my grandkids off at school. Saturday I have the option of either the gym or the DVD.

April, my trick on sandwiches is to use an entire large sandwich filling on half a tortilla. May not work for everyone--and probably a lot depends on what the sandwich filling is to begin with. Yay on changing your declining weight posts to green tomorrow. I sometimes just plain make a posting error and have something that should be in green as red or vice versa. Oh, sensible to go for three lbs. loss this week while combating sodium. I may have a little rise in the scale tomorrow from excess sodium and I'm low on water intake today. Just finished dinner--cooked fresh green beans with the Christmas ham bone and tossed in some ham I'd reserved for that meal. Wow, they were mighty fine beans, too, and if I'm up in water retention tomorrow, I can at least say my beans were worth it.

Darlene, aw, sorry your headache isn't yet completely gone. Big gentle hug to ya! Thanks for telling us when your birthday is. Glad the extra 5 lbs. loss is doable. Yeah, I got bored with always breakfast of flaxmeal as cereal, flaxmeal pancakes, or zero cholesterol egg substitute and also wanted to be sure I am getting most of my carbs from low carb veggies. I LOVE veggies for breakfast, especially cooked ones with just half a portion (2 tablespoons) of Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce. Oh, golly, I've gotten the packrat excuses from DH, too--how 'bout this one?--saving a broken clothes dryer and broken VCR, (both judged by repairmen as not cost-effective to repair) in case our son (then 12 years old) ever wanted to become an appliance repairman, even after our son said that was about the last thing he'd ever want to do for a career. Did you get your hike in?

Quinn, waking up with a headache really sucks! I hope it's gone now!

mhibdon, kudos on the exercise today! So fun that you can bask in the joy of looking so hot in your Christmas photos.

Last edited by Mern; 12-29-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn I agree with missing good food. Makes you wonder why we go off track so hard! I have another 10 days of instability as I have 4 Grandkids for the next 10 days. I'll try and make them eat healthy. Jan 8th is when I can expect to get my life back into routine. I am not looking forward to doing my end of year weight in . I'm going to hate to adjust my signature weight upwards but I don't want to start the year with it wrong.

2012 here I come. Mary
Old 12-29-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Just logged my food for the first time in 2 weeks! I have my calories under control (1211). Now, if I could just make those healthy calories, I'll be fine! lol Feels good to be back in control.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Just logged my food for the first time in 2 weeks! I have my calories under control (1211). Now, if I could just make those healthy calories, I'll be fine! lol Feels good to be back in control.
Quinn, you're leaving me behind. I'm still not doing well, still not logging. Are you sure you don't want to screw off with me for a few more days? J/K
Old 12-29-2011, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, you're leaving me behind. I'm still not doing well, still not logging. Are you sure you don't want to screw off with me for a few more days? J/K
OMG... I laughed so hard when I read that!! No, Mister... you're climbing back on the wagon with me! I just took the last of the Christmas leftovers to the street for the garbage man to pick up in the morning.

Start logging in the morning, even if your food choices aren't the greatest... that's what I did. Once I started logging again, I stopped picking all day long.

Don't make me come down there and lift you on... you know how my back is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.