Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday report!

1. Weekly average of 1300 calories. 1314
2. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, yes, yes, No
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No,Yes, No
4. Do daily squats. No, No, No (I keep forgetting them), Ha!
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Sleep before midnight. YesNo, I think I will, Not gonna happen
7. Deal with inbox. A bit, not so much, and again. Not one bit.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, we are! I still won't lose hope that one day I will go to sleep early but for these week I will accept it as one of my bad habits! Great that the scale showed you a good number! And boy you are serious with that tequila!

Darlene, glad to hear that your daughter is better. You are wonderful being positive and I am glad you can have to space to share here. I agree with you on the Tom Jones! Hope your bath and tea were nice!

Rose, congrats on the 7 day mark! Please do share your oatmeal recipe and the sugar free lemon squares, oh I love lemon squares. "I guess he's just not a morning person" I love Chico more and more....

Mike, you were up very early and busy!

Mary, looking forward to the thread on your results!

Pam, thank you for your wishes. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Quinn, hope you got some rest on the evening and that tomorrow you can still enjoy the foods you like in moderation

Joanna, a break even day is a great day! Sorry you miss you cat, I am sure he will be happy to see you again after the holiday.

Michelle, you can put today past you and start fresh tomorrow and all weekend!

Mern, I am 2 hours behind you, so last night the post was at 11... today its midnight... missed my goal. Its something I have to watch out for because I normally get a boost of energy around 12:30 and then I won't go to bed until 2 or later. So nice that you didn't have to drive out at night! Hopefully you got some well deserved rest. And kudos on no food disasters!

Have a nice night!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

Joanna It sounds like you had a great day 3 miles is a good run. Have you always been a runner or did you work into it with your weight loss? I am intrigued I am loving the hiking but I don’t know if I have the stamina or the build (lol) to run.

Michelle Enjoy your holiday with your family, everyone will be eating better tomorrow.

Mern I hope you enjoyed your comfy coach and tv night. I am glad you had a great day with your family and your food. Thank you for the prayers they are why I am so Blessed and trust me I was not feeling so positive when I first posted. Yes U.S holiday’s mean that all shows are repeats yours probably are also you are just so busy having fun you don’t notice, many channels run marathons which can be fun. Lol at your hubbys coffee I think everyone’s coffee tastes better than mine.

Mern & Main80 My tea and tub were great after I warmed up I made 12 dozen oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies and only ate two, then finished 20 Christmas cards so I feel pretty productive today.

Main80 I am kind of glad you are back to your late posts it’s always you and I coming in last we must be in similar time zones you said tonight’s was midnight it shows as 11 on my fitday forum and its 1030 here I think the day light savings time messed up my fitday clock!
Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.5, T=2.4, W=5.8, T=6.5
Gym 2 days: 0,0,0,0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=Walk/Weights, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1236, T=1280, W=1216, T=1367
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1006, T=-840, W=-801, T=-857
Christmas prep everyday: M=Started baking. T=Got wish lists from Mom/Dad and son. W=Two more cookies baked and frozen, purchased bacon on sale 2$ pound for Christmas breakfast. T= Started Christmas Cards 20 done, baked more cookies.
Share something wonderful that happened today. My hiking partner did not bail even in horrible stormy weather. When we were walking she let me know her lower back pain that has bothered her for two years has been better than ever since we started walking and she was grateful that I motivate her to be healthier.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, the icing was from the cinnamon rolls. we ate around 1:30, just had so much to cook. I took the bird out around 11:30 and put in back in around 1. Glad your bird turn out good. Any samples for me?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 PM
FitDay Member

Main80! Wow, that 1314 weekly calorie average is incredible! Don't know how you do it! Congrats! More green than red in the rest of your report. Mine would be all red for this week... A boost of energy around 12:30! Man, that sucks! I'm back to sleeping to between only 2 1/2-5 hours per night, but I'm pretty sure it's due to being off my low carb diet. We'll see how it goes when I get back on the wagon.

Darlene, I certainly did enjoy my comfy couch and TV last night, thanks. And I'm so glad you enjoyed your warmup from the tea and tub. You are so welcome for the prayers. That's what has gotten me through so many rough times--don't know how people handle things without faith. I always see those footprints in the sand... Yes, I have noticed a lot of TV reruns on holidays. Wow, that's great that you started your holiday baking and freezing already! I'm planning on addressing my Christmas cards this weekend. Oh, that's truly wonderful about your hiking partner's back pain being better since she started walking. I had the same thing happen--have back issues and went from a walking stamina of around five minutes due to lower back pain to thirty minutes of aerobic walking in my living room with my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs exercise DVD. Now I can do two miles in forty to fifty minutes on the treadmill.

Mike, one of my favorite taboos in the whole world is cinnamon rolls coated with tons of buttery, vanilla icing. Sure would be nice if we could post food samples. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 11-24-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

Well I woke up this morning and all our snow is gone! The temperatures got above zero celsius (that's above 32 F for you American lovelies) and melted our first snowfall away! It's a good thing for me actually because I hadn't even had the chance to cover my patio furniture properly, having been away for over 3 months.

I have just been having a great week, food-wise, not even tempted in the slightest to reach for anything remotely unhealthy but damn it, I just don't know how to squeeze in any exercise! I have to be at work at 9am and it takes me 40 minutes to get there plus I have to reserve about 20 minutes to walk my pooch and I just can't seem to get the workout in! I have to figure this out. I guess I just have to suck it up and get up at 5:30 if I want to have time for breakfast, workout, shower, getting dressed, and walking the dog. Sigh. I hate waking up so early when it's pitch dark out. I have been so spoiled working walking distance from my house and starting at 9:30 every morning for the past 2 years, I forgot what rush hour was like.

Health goals:

1. Don't eat white sugar in any form. DONE/ DONE/ DONE/ DONE
2. Don't eat white flour in any form. DONE/ DONE/ DONE/ DONE
3. Eat 1200-1500 calories per day. 1492/ 1240/ 1256/ 1345
4. Don't eat late at night. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
6. Exercise 5 times. Not yet, what the hell am I waiting for?/ FINALLY YES/ NO
7. Eat 25% protein or more. M:26%/ T: 36%/ W: 35%/ NO 20%
8. Take vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
9. Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water per day. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES

Life Stuff:

1. Read every day. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
2. Sweep the leaves on my stairs. No/ No and it's going to snow tonight! / Shoveled the snow and got rid of the leaves in one fell swoop!
3. Change the burned out light bulbs in the house. Not yet/ Sigh, no./ NO/ Nope
4. Get to work before 9am. YES! NO! Traffic!/ No again SNOW STORM (most everyone was later than me though YES!
5. Mail out forms and pay car registration. Not yet/ I'll do it tomorrow!/ Yikes no again/ Not yet
6. Pay parking tickets. Not yet/ No and I'm embarrassed about it./ Not yet, BOO!/ NOT
7. List something wonderful that happened to me today. Laughed until I cried with an awesome friend/ Was told I look like I could be in my mid twenties!/ Was told my work was fantastic! YAY!/ I came home to my mom cooking dinner for me at my house!

Pam, hope you had a magnificent time down south for the holidays!

Darlene, thanks for the encouragement. I will definitely share my recipe for sugar free lemon squares as soon as I find one that is good. I may have to experiment before the holidays since I've never made them before. Way to go on your water logged 6.5k! That's some discipline!

Mary, I am totally curious about your results and because this particular cleanse you're doing sounds so different.

Mike, you never have to worry about Chico getting treats. He has "treat time" every night around 8:30pm. He knows it's coming and he starts to beg around 8:20 or so. Finally I ask him, "Do you want it to be treat time?" And he runs to the kitchen as fast as he can. I give him "Buddy Biscuits" because at least they're all natural. Peanut butter is his favourite! Changing subject abruptly, I have to say I am really impressed how early you got up to prepare Thanksgiving! Wow, the ladies in your household are spoiled. Do they know how good they have it with you?

Quinn, glad to hear that your food was amazing and Thanksgiving was made for overeating so you shouldn't worry about it too much. I would be really tempted by that pumpkin pie too so I can sympathize!

Mern, you are awesome. I can't thank you enough for your kind words and encouragement. Your glowing report means so much to me! I am really happy to hear that you had a lovely Thanksgiving and that your granddaughter got a drive home and you were able to stay cozy on the sofa.

Main80, I will definitely share my lemon squares recipe as soon as I nail it! As for the oatmeal, it's pretty simple. I buy good organic oats and boil them as per the instructions on the bag but I add 1 tsp. of organic vanilla extract, 1 tsp. of cinnamon, apple sauce, and fruit juice sweetened cranberries or sour cherries. It is just sweet enough for me and contains no sugar or sugar substitute. As I type, Chico is curled up next to me snoring like an old man. He really isn't a morning person!

American Friends, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with lots of love, laughter, and good food!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, thanks for YOUR kind words. I hope you can figure out the how to get in your exercise-that's a tough one. At least walking the dog is something. Personally, I would hate to have to exercise first thing in the morning and then shower and be to work by 9AM.

I hate the crowds for Black Friday sales that start off the Christmas shopping season, but I don't think Sam's Club (warehouse shopping) has those. So I'm off to Sam's to buy 7 year old grandson a new mattress--his has a big dent in the middle and some broken springs--yeah, jumping on the bed will DO that. I warned him this time it's on Grandma, but if he ever does that again he will be doing chores for me to earn money to buy a new one.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene - I am not a runner at heart! Believe me... I went to high school up in Alaska, and for PE we had to run 3 miles 3 times a week, and we only stopped if it got colder than -20 F. I've reincorporated it a bit since I've been losing weight. So, I guess I'm not a pansy when it comes to running, but I do it 'cause I know it's good for me, not 'cause I like it. I'm thinking about training for a half marathon next spring, but I've not made the mental commitment yet. My sister, however, is a big runner, so three miles was nothing for her, but running with her definitely made me keep my pace up, so it actually felt about 5 miles.

Anyway, I'm trying to recover today from all the butter I ate yesterday - I think my sat. fats reached around 40g Unfortunately, the leftovers are calling my name, but I think I may avoid them altogether.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Red face size matters

What would a week be like without one of my rants? I guess we’ll never know.

I’ve always known that size matters, but 20 years ago size was never an issue. I don’t know if now that I’m 40 we are looking at it differently, but let’s just say that things aren’t what they use to be. I know that some of y’all will say that size doesn’t matter but when the look on your face says “That’s it? I don’t think that’s gonna work!” or you have to squint your eyes to see it, it’s not good. Please don’t make matters worse by kneeling down and saying “It may not be big, but it sure is cute.”

I’d assume that through the years it doesn’t shirk, so it must be that we are measuring it differently. I know this because back in the day a 19” TV was big enough for a bedroom, now it’s even considered small for a computer monitor. I went looking for a cheap little 19 incher for a bedroom and ended up getting a 40” b/c if you don’t squint your eyes, you won’t see anything on a 19”.

Anyone else having an issue like this?
Old 11-25-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily (up from my usual 80) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: No,
2. No added salt to my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch at work M: raining but went 3/4mile anyway, T: Raining, W: 3/4 mile but got called back in to take care of a customer, Th: day off work for Thanksgiving,
5. Exercise 3 times W-F (yes, this includes Thursday) W: 1hr like a boss! , Th: 1hr, F: 50min
6. List weight daily M: 274.6, T: 274.4, W: 273.2, Th: 272.4, F: 274.6Lost this week- 0.00lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Finish paperwork for son M: DONE!,
2. Clean house on Thanksgiving while hubby works so I can get my tree on Saturday and spend the weekend decorating instead of cleaning Th: Yes!
3. Enjoy Thanksgiving with my family Th: Yes!

Sorry I didn't get to check in yesterday. I had so much going on. From staying up when my hubby went to work to work out for an hour then lay back down for an hour until his first break at work so he could text me Then I took him a coffee to work and picked up the Thanksgiving newspaper so I could browse the ads for sales i would not be attending LOL. Then all the dinner prep and cleaned the house lightly top to bottom. Didn't eat dinner until almost 5pm so didn't have to worry about picking at leftovers (and eating the whole meal twice in one day), then all the cleanup and finally a piece of pumpkin pie at about 8:30. All in all I didn't do too bad but I did eat a full plate and a half a plate of turkey and all the sides. It was delicious! I just love making those big holiday dinners for my family. The result on the scale is that I am up 2.2lbs. I really don't think that is that bad considering I have done worse on a non-holiday. This will come off and Monday I will have a new low weight to post!

I know that I have missed a good bit of discussion. I tried to read most of it (while hiding my screen at work, LOL)

Michelle ... Welcome to the group! I am sorry that you soon to be ex sounds like a real PITA. Hopefully that situation gets better for you soon and he takes all his 'junk' with him when he goes.

Rose ... I just love your reunion story with Chico! I saw you said you only feed him all natural treats. Have you ever tried Old Mother Hubbard treats for him? My Macie has terrible allergies and they are a great selection for her. ... Glad to hear your sugar free life seems to be suiting you well. I don't think I could do that. I do live without added sugar. Don't let that 3.8lbs get you down. It happens. Just accept it and then fix it.

Mike ... Good idea paying off your debt like that! I had to LOL at your tv size description. We went from a 19" to a 27" in the bedroom recently. He'd like to go bigger still.

Cassie ... Score on the jeans for your son! ... I like to cook big but couldn't imagine dinner for 25 two days in a row.

Darlene ... So glad your daughter is feeling better. ... You said something very wise about walking. You can't just quit. You at least have to walk back to where you started from.

Mern ... Good for you for trying not to let little things bother you. We have much more important things to actually worry about than the little stuff.

Well, I'm off to my lunch walk. Probably a shorter than usual one but a walk all the same. I don't have any lunch coverage for my desk again today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.