Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

I need to lose more than 50lbs. I used fit day but not regularly. I have started using it every day for the past month. I have lost a little less than 8lbs. I am in a house of men who aren't very supportive, except for when it comes to exercising, then they are like drill seargants. I started at 198lbs. and I am currently at 190 lbs. My goal was to be at 185lbs. I have worked out 3 times of the week for at least an hour, sometimes up to two. I am keeping my calories between 1100-1300. I have low metabolism due to having my thyroid removed, so it is taking a while to lose any weight. I hope having support here will help me stay focused and not lose hope and stop.

SW: 198 lbs.
GW: 130 lbs. by 12-20-10
CW: 191.2 lbs.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

I am new here at the forums but not new on fitday. I teach preK and I started my diet the monday after school got out, June 7, at 218 lbs. My first goal is to be under 200 when the new school year starts Aug 23. I am almost there. I still work in the summer but have a couple weeks of vacation starting in August. That will be a challenge. Congrats to everyone and thanks for sharing. Monday is my official weigh in and the (horrible old fashioned) scale was just over 200 this morning. I am following mostly a no flour, no sugar diet.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Starting Weight: 218
Current Weight: 201
Mini Goal: 199 by Aug 22
Next Mini Goal: 180 by Oct 7
Goal: 150 by June 10, 2011
Weight loss to date: 17 lbs
Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies!!!

I just wanted to share some positive weight loss news with you all! As of right now, I'm almost half way to my goal and have 33 pounds left to loose which is exciting for me!!

On Friday night I tried on some old bridesmaid dresses. One in a size 16, a 14 and a 12. The last two being from Davids bridal. I was able to fit into all of them!!!!! Even the 12. The 16 and 14 were too big in the bust area, but I was so excited the 12 fit great. The last time I tried these on, around Christmas, I couldn't even begin to zip up any of the dresses!!!!!

It feels so great to have old dresses fit again (not that I will wear them again, but you never know) The 12 is a tea-length dress in a spring green but I only have one more wedding to attend in September and I think spring green won't work then unfortunately.

Keep up all the great work everyone!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies!

My initial goal is 43 pounds, but I figured this was close enough I've been dieting on and off for what seems like forever, but I finally decided last night that I'm going to commit to really doing this. So....here I am. I already had a gym membership but work had been so crazy that I wasn't going. So I brought my gym clothes to work, and I'm finally going back. I know I can do this if I really put my mind to it, so here we go!

I love having the website and the forums to keep me motivated....
Old 07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! I just joined FitDay, and I like the food diary a lot. I weigh 4 pounds more than the highest weight I've been at- that was 9 years ago when my husband proposed. We both went on a diet before our wedding. I lost 20 pounds, and he lost 50!! Over the years, I've done Weight Watchers and SouthBeach diet, but right now I'm not feeling them. I'm just trying to watch my calories- I've never done that before. I have also been really good about exercising this week, but I'm on vacation so there's plenty of time during the day. I go back to work next month (I'm a teacher) so I'll have to work harder to stay on top of exercise & dieting then.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 PM
FitDay Member

I am working on losing weight. I recently had knee surgery. I lost 50 lbs so I could be considered for surgery (am now 206). I had to do this purely through diet because I could barely walk.

Now I am post opt and I need to get further down, by another 50, 60, possibly more. I currently work out about 5 days a week, working on a 1800 calorie diet. Unfortunately this diet is very hard on me. Not because I want to eat more, because I don't. I want to eat less because I have appetite issues. Due to this, my body has been sitting at starvation levels for years because I am never hungry, so I am having a hard time consuming 1800 calories. I recently had my thyroid levels checked and found out I have hypothyroidism on top of this all.

I am having a hard time creating balanced meals, high in protein. I do weights (I need to build strength in arms and legs, especially for my knee. I went through massive muscle atrophy on the left leg due to surgery. This was not orthoscoptic, this was full on open knee surgery and I had to gain my ability to walk back). Aiming for 180g of protein a day, but very hard to meet. I've only made it to about 107g today.

I have been on the 1800 diet for nearly a month at this point, my body has adjusted and no long sways 20 lbs a day due to starvation levels.

I have dropped about 3 or so lbs since I started my thyroid medications, which is great considering my weight would not move.

I am unfortunately very limited in my workout as I do not have access to very many free weights and because I only have access to limited weights at work, the hours I am able to access them are limited as well. I work very odd hours, 24 hour fitness will not allow me to have a free 7 day pass because their 7 day pass only works during hours I work. If I sign a contract and decide that I do not like the gym, it's a complete waste of my time.

Last edited by niashi; 07-19-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by niashi
I am working on losing weight. I recently had knee surgery. I lost 50 lbs so I could be considered for surgery (am now 206). I had to do this purely through diet because I could barely walk.

Now I am post opt and I need to get further down, by another 50, 60, possibly more. I currently work out about 5 days a week, working on a 1800 calorie diet. Unfortunately this diet is very hard on me. Not because I want to eat more, because I don't. I want to eat less because I have appetite issues. Due to this, my body has been sitting at starvation levels for years because I am never hungry, so I am having a hard time consuming 1800 calories. I recently had my thyroid levels checked and found out I have hypothyroidism on top of this all.

I am having a hard time creating balanced meals, high in protein. I do weights (I need to build strength in arms and legs, especially for my knee. I went through massive muscle atrophy on the left leg due to surgery. This was not orthoscoptic, this was full on open knee surgery and I had to gain my ability to walk back). Aiming for 180g of protein a day, but very hard to meet. I've only made it to about 107g today.

I have been on the 1800 diet for nearly a month at this point, my body has adjusted and no long sways 20 lbs a day due to starvation levels.

I have dropped about 3 or so lbs since I started my thyroid medications, which is great considering my weight would not move.

I am unfortunately very limited in my workout as I do not have access to very many free weights and because I only have access to limited weights at work, the hours I am able to access them are limited as well. I work very odd hours, 24 hour fitness will not allow me to have a free 7 day pass because their 7 day pass only works during hours I work. If I sign a contract and decide that I do not like the gym, it's a complete waste of my time.
Be careful of the food you eat when taking thyroid medication. I had my thyroid complete removed due to tumors almost a year ago. I have found that certain foods interfere with the medication. High Soy and High fiber foods are one of them. Also grapefruit is a not advised. I also found that if you wait about 30 min before eating after taking it helps as well. I am NOT a doctor, but I was advised this by my doctor. I bought a few free weights at Sears, Walmart also carries them, at a reason price. They came with two small bars that you can make for holding in each hand, and a long bar for tradition weight lifting. Also, the YMCA is having a summer special where you sign up for the summer at reduced rates with no long term commitment. Good luck.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default Been away for 11 days-time flies

Hello Ladies!
I can't believe it has been since July 9 since my last post. That is 11 days. Well, last week didn't walk the monsoon muggy weather was bad even at 5:30 am when I like to walk. So, came up with a solution over the weekend. A friend bought me one of those neck cooler scarfs you soak in water. I was out the door around 5:30 am, the weather was a little better and the walk was great.

Have not lost anymore weight since 7/9--but have maintained. Started over refocus yesterday. So, will weigh in again Saturday.

I enjoy reading all the support, successes, challenges and we can do it statements. Because we can!!!!

Hugs to you all,

Sue
Old 07-20-2010, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

SweetSu7--Thanks for the cooling neck scarf idea. Walking in the NYC heat and humidity of this summer, even in the a.m. time, has been tough to do. Your idea sounds like a winner!

Had a bad few days and so now am re-focusing. The food journal tracking is helpful and keeps me honest--even if I don't like seeing the numbers (or the resulting upward tick on the scale!...)

After so many different weight loss programs, I'm back to the basics of calorie counting. Prevention magazine has a Flat Belly Diet--1600 calories over the course of the day in 4 meal times. Good cook book to go with it. Folks may want to check it out.

Thanks for all the sharing. Good to hear I'm not alone on my journey!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Luckygir15
Hi Ladies!!!

I just wanted to share some positive weight loss news with you all! As of right now, I'm almost half way to my goal and have 33 pounds left to loose which is exciting for me!!

On Friday night I tried on some old bridesmaid dresses. One in a size 16, a 14 and a 12. The last two being from Davids bridal. I was able to fit into all of them!!!!! Even the 12. The 16 and 14 were too big in the bust area, but I was so excited the 12 fit great. The last time I tried these on, around Christmas, I couldn't even begin to zip up any of the dresses!!!!!

It feels so great to have old dresses fit again (not that I will wear them again, but you never know) The 12 is a tea-length dress in a spring green but I only have one more wedding to attend in September and I think spring green won't work then unfortunately.

Keep up all the great work everyone!
That is so so fantastic!! That makes me so excited for you. Fitting into smaller close from healthier days is one of the most rewarding parts of weight loss in my opinion.

Great job and keep up the good work everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.