Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm trying to lose 50 lbs. Started on June 16 and I'm giving myself until March - my birthday. Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks so I'll do my what I call my weekly personal "official" weigh-in. But I do weigh myself everyday because I learned that weight fluctuates and the daily weigh-in helps me not to be too obsessed if the weekly weigh-in isn't what I think it should be. So far I've "lost" 4.4 lbs. —"unofficially" :-). Also have the six-week date marked on my calendar. That's when I'll also measure to see if anything has changed yet. Doing well with eating. But still need to get into a real exercise routine. Thanks for the group check-in offer. I think this is helpful. Congrats to everyone still hanging in there for the long haul.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hawaiiadobo
nycarts58 - I like the idea of a challenge. I personally like to set small mini goals at a time - so maybe we can do something a little shorter to start off with - say a 4-week challenge? And everyone can make up their own personal goals (since we are all different).

My personal goal for the next 4 weeks are:
1 - Drop 8 pounds
2 - Drop a dress size (My size 18s are loose, but I'm still too big for 16s
Great! 4 weeks it is! I'm going to aim for 10 pounds. My starting weight is 215 and with a 1600 calorie per day goal I'm doing okay with an initial 3 pounds of water weight so far. I have a goal of 145 by July 2011, so definitely a day by day, step by step approach.
Thanks for joining me in this challenge!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

I lost 3 more pounds yay!! I'm now down to 171 woohoo, that makes my total weight loss 42 pounds. I'm so happy!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

samisweetpea, that's AMAZING! You go! I did my weigh in today and another 2.8 pounds was lost. Hooray!!! Much better than last week with the onslaught of 4th of July BBQs. That brings me to double digit weight loss!!!

On a side note, I finished the 30-day shred. Measurement changes to follow.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

You ladies make me envious.

I still haven't dropped below 200. That means I now only have half a month to reach my goal for this month, and I still have 2 more out of town trips also. I have some high stress things going on this month, but I don't want to make excuses. My eating has not been bad, but my exercise has been nil lately.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies! Awesome job to Sweetpea and Hawaii on your losses!

Raindrops, keep working at it, we all get stuck every now and then. I think it a good time for a workout when you're feeling stressed.

My 30 day shred came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats literally how excited I am!!! Im having trouble having any moves in my weight, i'm hovering right around 228 give or take a few. My clothes are fitting looser though,so i'm happy about that. I'm getting close to having my period so i'm thinking that might have something to do with it. I'm starting the DVD Monday morning, but I think I might just need a sneak peak tomorrow morning.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

This week has so far been a wash exercise wise - a friend's wedding two days ago (for which I was the day-of-coordinator) and camp with a youth group I volunteer with this weekend means my eating hasn't been so great either.

However, Monday is the start of a new workout schedule. I'm going to try Jillian Michaels' 30-day Slimdown - it's on excercisetv.com if you're interested. It uses her 30-day shred, boost metabolism and trouble zones DVDs - 6 days on, 1 day off.

I had such a good experience with the 30 day shred, that I figure - why not keep going.

I have a feeling my Tuesday weigh in will be an upward change (doh!), but I know exactly why and I know that it's only temporary!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default I've got 50 to go too!

I'm in with you all!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hey there guys. Random note of encouragement:

I think today is a great day for success. We should be proud of our accomplishments! Don't give up on your dreams. Believe in your hope for a slimmer you, a healthier you. Know that your hard work will pay off, and even better than that, you have a whole community of people here going through the same struggles that are willing to share with you. Be grateful that we have this support group. WE CAN DO IT!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michelle! I needed to hear that today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.