FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   What Motivates You? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/510-what-motivates-you.html)

Sveva 02-24-2010 05:09 PM

What Motivates You?

Hi Everyone! I thought that I would start a thread about what things motivate us to continue in this journey. Perhaps we can help each other... Isn't that what this whole thing is all about??

I will start...

~I really love to see that Calories In vs Calories Out chart with the Out being higher than the In!! That is real motivation for me. Also looking at the calories in food in terms of how long I have to exercise to burn those calories really helps.

What motivates you?? :cool:

~
~
~

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 05:55 AM

There are so many things that keep me motivated and the main one is members on fitday. Just knowing that if im having a crisis when i want the bad food i have somewhere to come and tell everyone.That way i get the advice im looking for and am never waiting long for a reply!
Secondly i want to be happy and content in my body-something ive never been. I love when my clothes feel looser and i have an excuse for a shopping spree to buy a smaller size!
I want to stand in the mirror and be happy with the image looking back.
I want to run around with the kids and not feel the flab running with me.
My acne is clearer than it used to be which means lessmakeup on a daily basis. This is a huge confidence boost and also motivates me to drink an extra glass of water and some more fresh fruit and veg.
The most important is setting a good example to my children and teaches them about new foods.
This has worked so far my children are choosing healthy options at school and tasting lots of new foods at home and enjoying them. FANTASTIC!

bsaz 05-08-2010 10:46 AM

When I try on the clothes in my closet and they are loose.
When I see a picture of myself and am no longer repulsed.
When I have the energy to tackle my to do list.

almeeker 05-08-2010 01:40 PM

My children
My husband
My pedometer
My fitday account
My fitday friends
The pair of really skinny hot jeans I bought to shrink down in to.

Sveva 05-12-2010 05:25 AM

Hey Guys!

I haven't been on here in while! These are great motivations! I, too, like to compare pictures to see my progress! And I love to put clothes on and find that they are too big! What a boost this is!

blackrhino2 05-12-2010 08:30 AM

things that motivate me:
just thinking about my future and how I want to look/be
my friends
myself
bikinis
my boyfriend
my tight jeans that are still too tight to wear comfortably

all of you:D

chloe48 05-12-2010 10:59 AM

Things that motivate me are my granddaughter, my daughter, my husband, my wanting to be healthier and at a healthier weight. I have finally made up my mind to exercise and use fitday.

Lizzycritter 05-12-2010 12:02 PM

I just got my butt into a pair of junior's size 10 low-rise Old Navy jeans that haven't fit in at least 5 years....my current motivation is to make those into my "fat" jeans! :D

Sveva 05-12-2010 05:05 PM

I think it is so important to have things in our lives that truly do motivate us. My ultimate goal is to fit into the dress I was wearing the night I met my husband. It's a long shot, but I have kept it for 14 years. Here's hoping!

farahb7 05-14-2010 04:32 AM

sorry to be a bummer
but what could motivate me, is if the scale finally shows weight loss more than 1lb/ week!

MollySue2 05-14-2010 05:23 AM

farahb7,

sorry to hear you are not happy with your weight loss progress :(. But the great thing is: you are making progress!! You have lost almost 7 lbs in 2 months! I honestly wish I was able to achieve this! So personally, I think you are doing great. :)

I read a nice slogan the other day:
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to achieve it. The time will pass anyway.

I hope this is a little motivator. Don't give up!

Best wishes,
MollySue

desertmountain 05-14-2010 05:36 AM

The biggest motivator for me is staying positive by remembering all of my accomplishments so far and comparing myself today to what I looked like & felt like 1 year ago or 6 months ago. I also stay motivated by using small goals for health & physical abilities as well as the scales.

farahb7:
Since I had over 100 pounds to lose, it's easy to be overwhelmed & bummed since I also lose weight really slowly, about the same as you farahb7. I've lost 50 and have 63 more to go for a realistic goal of being in the normal range, however it would be awesome to lose 75 more since that was my weight in my early 20's. We may be turtles, but we'll arrive!

farahb7 05-14-2010 07:37 AM

Thank you for your motivating words my dear friends! i do honestly need the motivation! it sucks being a turtle in weight lose but i'm so glad i have you, to keep me going on days that i feel down, like today!

Mollysue, i really like that slogan, is it ok if i use it in my signature?

MollySue2 05-14-2010 10:07 AM

Dear farahb7,

you are more than welcome to use it! :)

sandypiercerdh 05-15-2010 01:19 PM

Farah - here is what I do when I feel frustrated. I go to the grocery store, to the meat department. I pick up the one lb packages of meat, or butter, and stack them up to represent how much I lost. Even one lb is a lot when you look at it like that. Keep in mind, that the slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off anyway, and this is more like an endurance race than a sprint!

Keep trying - it's not how fast you get there, it's whether you're moving in the right direction!:D

farahb7 05-16-2010 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by sandypiercerdh (Post 10943)
Farah - here is what I do when I feel frustrated. I go to the grocery store, to the meat department. I pick up the one lb packages of meat, or butter, and stack them up to represent how much I lost. Even one lb is a lot when you look at it like that. Keep in mind, that the slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off anyway, and this is more like an endurance race than a sprint!

Keep trying - it's not how fast you get there, it's whether you're moving in the right direction!:D

wow! such a strong visualization! i will try it today when i go grocery shopping! thanks!!!!!

Sveva 05-16-2010 04:07 PM

Hi Sandy! You are so right! The slower it comes off the better chance you have of keeping it off. I too love your metaphor. I remember one time I had lost 70 pounds. At the time my daughter weighed around 70 pounds. I would look at her and think, 'I lost a whole child!'

Farah, keep your chin up! It will happen.
:cool:

Originally Posted by sandypiercerdh (Post 10943)