Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 07/11/2011

Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I had a strange thing with my black Siamese when we first adopted him. For about a month, I was really getting upset with my daughter for losing things. She especially has a thing for chap stick, Burt's Bees in particular. Every couple of days, she'd ask me to pick up another because she had lost it... again. Then, other things started to disappear... bras, hair clips and unopened tampons. After a few weeks, we found out that our cat was a hoarder. He took things of ours (but just certain things) and hid piles of them. We found a pile of 8 chap sticks under my daughter's bed. Two bras were in a neat pile behind a desk. We have to make sure the bathroom vanity doors are always shut, as well, or the supply of "lady items" gets hidden, which is hard to explain to guests why you have a pile of unopened ones under your couch. lol

He's gotten better lately. Recently, he's been stealing all of the straws from under our bar and hiding them in neat piles around the house... long straws in one pile, stir sticks in another. (If I could just get him to make me a vodka sour, I'd be a happy girl... )
Old 07-14-2011, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mern.

And yes, I think you're right... on all counts.

Goodnight, all!

quinn
Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I haven't been crashing and burning a whole lot except for my two day carrot cake indulgence, and a few cheats here and there. I've been on a plateau since a little bit before joining the Y on July 1. (I believe that's pretty much of a correct time frame.) But I'm not stressed about it at all--I know if I keep doing what I'm doing, eventually I'll start losing weight again. I understand it's probably mostly water weight gain from bumping up my exercise, i.e. the body's protective measure of surrounding newly more exercised muscle with fluid until it knows the muscle is not being injured.

I'm having too much self-satisfaction in being full of myself for exercising so much, even if it's just the newness of the freedom of going to the Y that's keeping me from fretting over my plateau.

Rose, I can't even imagine my doing 30 minutes on the elliptical right now. Whoo, girl! Congrats TO ya on that! I saw an "old fart" male on one of those today--looked at least 80 to me--and he was an inspiration to me as are you and many others in this group. I thought, "By golly, I could only do a tenth of a mile today. But if HE can do that, I'm GOING to be able to do it." LOL It's really kind of surprising to me--most people dread aging, but turning 65 is giving me a new outlook on life. I feel better physically now than I have in years--thanks to my Medicare insurance program paying for the Y membership which I couldn't afford otherwise. Whoever came up with the Silver Sneakers Program is a genius!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you took that the way I meant it, Quinn--that you know I care.

Have a great sleep!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

We had a pet once that was a hoarder, and until we found out, we thought our toddler grandchild was taking things and misplacing them for us and not understanding what we were looking for. LOL

On the tampons, gotta tell ya this: when my son was about 4 years old I walked into the bathroom one day and found him having the time of his life shooting what he thought were TOY ROCKET SHIPS. He asked me why I hadn't given them to him instead of hiding a surprise for him. And he was SERIOUS.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

I'm going to bed, too.

I really hope all of you who are stressed have a peaceful slumber and wake up feeling refreshed tomorrow, ready to face a new day. Big hug to all of you.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

This week is becoming one hot mess... but well, here's to honesty, right?

Wednesday and Thursday Report

1. Weekly calorie deficit of 6000, 504, 789, 287, 585 (2165)
2. Drink 3.5 L of water per day, Yes. YesNo, No
3. Walk dog 3 times this week, No, No, No, No
4. Drop off gift, No, No, No, No
5. Deal with the inbox, A little, I am almost comfortable with it, its ok, its not ok.
6. Finish the handbook by Sat
Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Happy birthday Terri!

Terri, I don't know if you'll get to read this but Happy birthday and have a great trip!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:01 PM
FitDay Member

Check-in:

1.) Stay under 1650 calories/day: Nope/Yes/Yes/So close!
2.) Go to the gym 3 times: Yes/Yes
3.) Keep active on non-gym days: Close enough!/Definitely
3.) Find ways to keep the protein up: Pretty good/Decent/Cool/Fine

Other:
1.) Figure out my low blood sugars (will be a work in progress): Getting there/May have over corrected, seeing doc tomorrow/Still working...
Old 07-14-2011, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Do you think I could do your Grandma's baked fennel without the breadcrumbs? I can do olive oil and parm cheese. I'll bet it's an easy recipe. Can you run through it for me quickly?
Mern, the recipe is totally easy! Also I found a bread crumb substitute at the health food store that is made with almond meal and it was pretty good (or coconut flour might be tasty too.) Anyway, the baked fennel is super easy and delicious. Just brush lightly boiled fennel with olive oil and then roll them in a mixture of 2/3 cup bread crumbs and 1/3 grated parmesan cheese, a pinch of black pepper and fresh parsley finely chopped and then bake in the oven at 400 degrees until golden and crispy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.