Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 02-28-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Last week went pretty well. I started on Wednesday and am down one pound as of this morning. I did not meet my goal of tracking my calories on the weekend because I am not on the computer on the weekend, but I did meet all my activity goals and don't think I went over my calories (maybe a bit on Sunday).

I had a hard-boiled egg in my salad at lunch today and hope that keeps me full through the afternoon. I forgot my serving of nuts, though, so I'll have to make that up later today after I get home.

My weekly goals for this week haven't changed except the frequency of activity is higher since this is my first full week:

-Keep track of foods eaten using FitDay
-Keep calories to 1500
-30-day Shred level III for 3 days
-Treadmill walk/run for 3 days
-Ballet 60 minutes 2 days

Weight loss goal to Feb. 28 is 0.5 lbs. YES; lost 1 lb.
Weight loss goal to March 7 is 1 lb.

My main challenges:
"Snacking at work" - Mitigation Plan: I am leaving all my cash at home so that I am not tempted to purchase snacks.

"I will start my diet tomorrow" - Mitigation Plan: Join FitDay and get support from forums.

"I'm too tired to get up and work out" - Mitigation Plan: Turn TV off by 9:30 PM and lights off by 10 PM.

"Letting myself get too hungry before I eat" - Mitigation Plan: Purchase healthy snacks at grocery store to keep at work and in car.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

I haven't had much time to think of my goals for the week. They probably won't be too strict b/c next week I'll be cranking it up. Next week I'm going to attempt to go low carb (high fat, high protein). I'll still count my cals and try to keep under 2k a day. My goal will be to keep carbs around 50-60g per day, this will be a huge change for me. Even on my "clean" days I take in ~250g of carbs. So this mean no butterfingers, butterfinger blasts, cereal, oatmeal, bread (no PB&J sammiches), and the list goes on.

I would love to be able to make it a full week. I'll continue to workout like a mad man and I'm about to add in Plymetrics from P90X. I hope this is the change that I need to get my BF% down.

If anyone has tips for me I would greatly appreciate it.
Mike,

For the first time in my life (I'm 48), I have my BMI and BF% under control. (BMI 19.6, BF% 20.9) and other than walking, I don't work out. I went low carb/low fat, but everyone is different. 90% of my diet is fresh fruit, fresh veg and lean protein. (Most days, I'm probably vegetarian.) It just depends on what works for you. Give the new diet a try and see what happens. Every body metabolizes nutrients differently. Guess it's all trial and error.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all are doing well .

Hope, I'm glad to see you back. I have been thinking about you.

Mike, you know you know how to do this. It's just a matter of discipline. You can do it!

Mern, yes, old range out, no adjustments to the ceramic, just folks who knew what they were doing. Next step is tearing out my countertops on Friday .

I'm making general goals this week. It's going to be a doozy of a work week and I also realized that I'm needlessly getting too caught up in the scale number (again!) and stressing over the fluctuations, which is probably a reflection of other stressors in my life right now. For this week, I'm keeping it about preserving my sanity!

Weekly Goals:

1. Balance calories eaten with activity.
2. Balance carbs, fat, and protein.
3. Balance work with home responsibilities.
4. Balance work & home responsibilities with recreation/down time, and family time
5. Balance short-term responsibilities with long-term projects.
6. Balance clinical work with administrative stuff.
7. Balance sleeping and waking hours.
8. Balance exercise with cardio, strength, and flexibility.

Not my usual, but we'll see how it works!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello All!

Sorry I abandoned posting last week. I was insanely busy because I had my niece and nephew coming into town on Friday, so I had tons to do between Monday and their arrival. Had a great weekend though, didn’t go too crazy on eating so that is great

Sadly I did not get to share my GREAT news last week, but I managed to lose 2.2lbs as of Monday last week. I am going to weigh in this week on Wednesday, so I am hopeful that I at least maintained that loss, or lost even more!

Nonetheless, here are my goals for this week…Going to track everything everyday, and hope that this is a great week for me

Health/Fitness Goals for 2/28 -3/6:

1. Eat between 1200-1600cals/Day, 2000 on Sat/Sun
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements
5. Exercise with EA Active at least 4x/Week (Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sun)
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day

Other Life Goals:
1. Finish tilework in the upstairs bathroom this week
2. Spend 15 minutes everyday cleaning/organizing the Kitchen
3. Spend 20 minutes/day reading a book (I have several that I’m trying to get through right now)
4. Do exercises for Knee everyday (Hoping to Start P90X at the end of April, but need knee to be in better condition!)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan
~ log all foods i've eaten
~ do cardio 6 days
~ do strength training 6 days
~ get 90 oz of water in
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! My goals will be straightforward this week also. We are headed out of town on Friday for 10 days (March break time!), so it'll be a busy week getting ready. I already have my skipping rope and some workout clothes packed.
1. An hour minimum at the gym - no gabbing! Mon - yes
2. Water (4 of my bottles each day) Mon - yes
3. Try new recipe
4. Get to basketball on Thursday night
5. Brush the dog!

Doesn't look like I'll make my goal of -10 lbs before my trip, but I've lost 2 inches from my hips, 2 from my belly, 2 from my chest and 1.5 off each thigh. I know that I've gained a lot of muscle with tone and definition. I'm OK to put on a bathing suit now!

cjohnson - what type of "helper tea" are you looking for? I use Uncle Lee's dieter's tea 2-3 times per week. I have had the cinnamon and lemon flavours. Helps to keep the belly bloat away, but make sure you follow the directions!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn ~ glad that you had a good weekend even eating out. great job!

Almeeker~ you did awesome with eating out that much yesterday.

mhibdon ~ awesome job getting to the gym

sandi ~ awww been there to many times to count. i think the hardest part is putting a period at the end of the sentence & starting a new chapter, but you can do it. you need to forgive yourself & get back on track as soon as possible.

Jenny ~ the loss is awesome congrats.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!
I dropped out for a few weeks, as I dealt with not getting a job I'd interviewed for. I had a 3 1/2 hr interview, followed by 2 peer interviews, and thought I'd get an offer. It really threw me into a depression, and the cold weather certainly hasn't helped.
Hope - welcome back, I have been wondering if you're okay.

Goals for this week:

1. Limit calories to 1500. yes
2. Drink minimum of 72 oz. water.probably
3. Multiple vit/min daily.yes
4. Log everything every day.yes
5. 5 frts/veg's per day.yes
6. exercise 5 days.no

non-food/exercise:
7. Meditate - trying to find a new passion.
8. Finish taxes
9. One phone call per dayyes-2
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

nottango ~ wb that sucks about the job.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday results!

Weight Loss Goals
~Walk 30 minutes everday (except Saturday). yes
~Follow the exercise plan. yes
~Get up for morning hike on Saturday.
~Get a minimum of 100 OZ of water everyday! no
~Get under 200 lbs by the end of the week (202.8 right now!). not sure

Non-weight loss goals
~Get up by 6:30 am every morning no
~Get to bed by 10 pm at night yes
~Get the back porch cleaned by end of week not yet
~Read a little at night yes
~meditate 20 min/day no
~Spend at least 30 min/day in Monk's room, (cleaning and unpacking)! yes (but without my son )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.